Video: The unbelievable Amari Cooper catch

superonyx

Reaction score
Honestly thought it said “unbelievable Amari Cooper drop” at first glance. Better tighten that crap up or it will cost us the SB. Consistency is key and this will be two weeks in a row that he’s dropped easy passes.

Sorry amigos, I don’t give free passes because he made a great catch or two. He gets paid to make all the catches, especially the ones that hit him in the hands.
Our defense has forced 2 punts in 2 weeks and Cooper is what will cost us a SB? Cooper is the least of our worries.

aria

Reaction score
I don't think the thread is about foisting greatness upon Amari, just that particular catch.
Just keeping it real :) I guess I should start a new thread about his drops over the past two weeks, sorry for the intrusion OP.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Was ready to drop kick Dak through my tv if he overshot that pass. I'll take it though, great catch and protection to allow a clean pass opportunity.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Honestly thought it said “unbelievable Amari Cooper drop” at first glance. Better tighten that crap up or it will cost us the SB. Consistency is key and this will be two weeks in a row that he’s dropped easy passes.

Sorry amigos, I don’t give free passes because he made a great catch or two. He gets paid to make all the catches, especially the ones that hit him in the hands.
Did I miss a catch on his part? Lol he seems fine to me.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Is this a joke? Did you watch the last two games in their entirety?
I'm aware Cooper got blasted while not in perfect position to secure a ball last week, are we still griping over that? Lol if so jokes on you

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As Cooper said in post game it was just routine, he makes that is practice all the time. lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another thread highlighting of a great play getting customarily over criticized. This is not symptomatic of just cowboyszone. This, whatever, happens everywhere. I have seen similar observations at all levels of football, sitting beside other people from my sofa or in the stands at games.

In the passing game, the quarterback's job is to throw a catchable pass to the receiver. A catchable pass can be average, great, or perfect. Likewise, a receiver's job is to haul in passes that are catchable.

Football is not a sport where you are putting for birdie a half-inch from the hole. It is a difficult sport to play, even if it may seem easy to some observers.

Prescott dropped back, gauged distance, and threw a pass that ONLY Cooper had an opportunity to catch the ball. Was the pass perfect? Of course not. Cooper struts in for six if Prescott throws the pass on a dime. Was the pass only good or fair? Of course not. Cooper did not change his route radically, comeback for the ball, etc., to make a play on a good or average throw.

What is left? Is it a bad or terrible throw? You know. The throws that usually end in incompletions, interceptions, or maybe somewhere ten rows in the bleachers? Or does the pass falls between the categories of PERFECT and simply good?

Seriously. Madden is great but it... is... only... a... game.

Whatever. Cooper disappoints a times but he made a spectacular catch. That is what any fan (in my opinion) should EXPECT of a wide receiver, especially one of the top paid ones in professional football. Cooper definitely made a Play of the Day.

blueblood70

Reaction score

that was awesome but yet the last two weeks he dropped important first down the Ramsey hit and now he got alligator arms when he felt the defense bearing down on him, 20mil says make those plays , and also he pulled himself out again,, blame Garett and KM all you want but in an important moments lie last year he pulled HIMSELF out..

the dude is such a great natural talent yet lacks the focus and motivation you'd want form a 20mil superstar.. hes ebs and flows, truly last year should have had 1500+ yards and more tds instead he falls to the middle of the pack in great WRs because he drops too many or gives up on plays or hurt,.

hes every bit the talent of Hopkins and Thomas but lacks that passion and drive to be the best every play..

aria

Reaction score
I'm aware Cooper got blasted while not in perfect position to secure a ball last week, are we still griping over that? Lol if so jokes on you
First off, please don’t talk to me about griping about a regular problem that is a week old. I don’t know if you’re one of them but there are still several people drying over the Dez non catch from ~5 years ago and the correctly called OPI last week.

Secondly, I only bring it up because it is a regular problem. You know he led the league in drops before we gave away a first for him and I’m sure you're aware of his history while playing on the road. If you don’t see the pattern here and don’t think it’s cause for concern than you’re blind.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
QBR was lower because only 1 TD pass despite running it in 3 times. Also the fumble when he was trying to shovel a pass forward hurt QBR. The observations that a perfect pass would have allowed Cooper to score are probably correct, but we will never know that. Sometimes when the pass is higher and the receiver runs under it, the defender catches up to make a play or tackle.

Bottom line, those posting don’t appear to be making genuine observations, but furthering their narrative agendas, which will never end, because we live in a time when people have a need to always be proven right, even if it takes years.

I am so thankful Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman didn’t play under the same shroud. Imagine 70’s fans saying, “yeah, if Roger had played better and not missed some receivers earlier, there would have been no need to be the comeback kid.” Im sure Aikman would have constantly been analyzed about his poor deep throws...”yeah, he’s accurate on intermediate throws and won 3 Super Bowls, but look at his cast around him. Romo would have won even more with that team. And Irvin should be mad about all the times he was tackled on the 1 yard line because Aikman underthrew him when he was open deep. Emmitt was gifted lots of 1 yard TD’s.”

Aikman used to overthrow the deep ball a lot. Then he started underthrowing them a lot to make sure they were caught. Both QBs were all about winning....period. Today’s fans are just different.