The very reason I can't sleep either - LaTunaNostra

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But your problem is you are underestimating turnovers.

Like I said before you can be the meanest, toughest, mentally strong team in the world.

If you turn the ball over most times you will lose.

The fact that we had 5 turnovers for 24 points against us with Philly a chance to win on the last play of the game speaks of how mentally tough this team is.

Parcells is constantly dropping a stat about how teams that lose the turnover battle lose 90% of the time.

You honestly mean to tell me if all those teams who lost 90% of the time weren't mentally tough?

You cant turn the ball over and win. No matter how mentally tough you are.

50cent

Reaction score
kojak;1123375 said:
Quitting as opposed to being out coached is two diffrent things. it wasn't the fact that Hart just laid his gloves down and quit. Vito Antuofermo and his trainers were just better prepared. They let Hart use his aggressiveness to wear himself out and then went on to win the fight. IMO that was a case of one fighter being more prepared than the other.
The moral of that story was about laying down. It had nothing to do with being well prepared. If that was the case, then Vito wouldn't subject himself to the punishment Cyclone we delivering.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
50cent;1123382 said:
Washington game last season at washington. GAME QUITTERS! Whether its penalties, Drooped balls, turnovers, blown assignment, dropping INts, missed tackles. This things are not punching back. So when a team scores and gets momentum we do the above and don't punch back. It has some to do with hard tackles, but alot more with making plays. We don't make plays when we need to. SOFT!

Ah but just the week before that we beat the Chargers at the very end.

We looked mentally tough there.

This mentaly tough thing is to wish washy with you.

Also how many games would we have won last year if our kicker could just put the ball through the goal posts?

Last year that was the problem. Not mental toughness.

Ask Shaun Alexander what it was like playing the Cowboys last year.

He said we hit him harder than any other team he faced the entire year.

Everyone kept saying if you want to figure out how to stop someones best player just watch the game that Dallas played them in.

50cent

Reaction score
CATCH17;1123391 said:
But your problem is you are underestimating turnovers.

Like I said before you can be the meanest, toughest, mentally strong team in the world.

If you turn the ball over most times you will lose.

The fact that we had 5 turnovers for 24 points against us with Philly a chance to win on the last play of the game speaks of how mentally tough this team is.

Parcells is constantly dropping a stat about how teams that lose the turnover battle lose 90% of the time.

You honestly mean to tell me if all those teams who lost 90% of the time weren't mentally tough?

You cant turn the ball over and win. No matter how mentally tough you are.
Example of what I'm talking about. DB turned the ball over at the end of the half. We stopped NY twice for third and long. One was even a 3rd and 16. We dropped an INT and gave up both 3rd downs to let them run out the clock.. We got hit in the mouth with a INT in the endzone, but didn't punch back when they gave us many opportunites to do so. This happens way too often. No team can expect to go into a game amd play mistake free week end and week out. You have to overcome adversity. We don't seem to do it. Hopefully Romo can supply us with that nudge to get us over the hump, cause some of our defensive players sure aren't.

50cent

Reaction score
CATCH17;1123401 said:
Ah but just the week before that we beat the Chargers at the very end.

We looked mentally tough there.

This mentaly tough thing is to wish washy with you.
The second Washington game, not the first.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
50cent;1123404 said:
Example of what I'm talking about. DB turned the ball over at the end of the half. We stopped NY twice for third and long. One was even a 3rd and 16. We dropped an INT and gave up both 3rd downs to let them run out the clock.. We got hit in the mouth with a INT in the endzone, but didn't punch back when they gave us many opportunites to do so. This happens way too often. No team can expect to go into a game amd play mistake free week end and week out. You have to overcome adversity. We don't seem to do it. Hopefully Romo can supply us with that nudge to get us over the hump, cause some of our defensive players sure aren't.

No but the team who does it best usually ends up winning the superbowl.

Thats what its all about.

The team who makes the fewest mistakes is almost always going to win.

I could surround Bledsoe with the most mentally tough players of all time but if hes going to throw the ball to the other team then they would lose.

I dont buy that if we somehow win the Jags and Eagles game then we are all of a sudden mentally tough. Lucky is more like it.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
In 04 Parcells called the team "stupid"

Last year he says "This team can take a punch" referring to the comeback win against the 49er's.

This year after one game he refers to a fight that happened 30 years ago and labels us "quitters"

The moral of this story is, deal with it Parcells you reep what you sow. Quit using Boxing anologies for excuses and find a way to turn it around.

50cent

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1123407 said:
and then we went into Carolina's house and won
I knew you would pull that one of your hat. The one game that I thought we played with a swagger and we still barely won. Feather in your cap on that one, but it still doesn't deny the fact that we wilt far more often than we punch back. Maybe that a direct result of Bledsoe, but it still occurs.

50cent

Reaction score
CATCH17;1123422 said:
No but the team who does it best usually ends up winning the superbowl.

Thats what its all about.

The team who makes the fewest mistakes is almost always going to win.

I could surround Bledsoe with the most mentally tough players of all time but if hes going to throw the ball to the other team then they would lose.

I dont buy that if we somehow win the Jags and Eagles game then we are all of a sudden mentally tough. Lucky is more like it.
You can call it luck, but I call it battle tested. Able withstand a teams momentum to create your own. Teams draw off of that. Knowing they can make plays in the toughest cicumstances. Why are you just harping on the Bledsoe INts. There are other mistakes this teams makes under duress. Dropped passes, dropped ints, missed tackles, holding pentalties. This isn't all just Bledsoe.

50cent

Reaction score
kojak;1123423 said:
In 04 Parcells called the team "stupid"

Last year he says "This team can take a punch" referring to the comeback win against the 49er's.

This year after one game he refers to a fight that happened 30 years ago and labels us "quitters"

The moral of this story is, deal with it Parcells you reep what you sow. Quit using Boxing anologies for excuses and find a way to turn it around.
Who can't take a punch against Sf. They suck! Again, this is about how we play vs. good teams. We wilt.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
50cent;1123426 said:
I knew you would pull that one of your hat. The one game that I thought we played with a swagger and we still barely won. Feather in your cap on that one, but it still doesn't deny the fact that we wilt far more often than we punch back. Maybe that a direct result of Bledsoe, but it still occurs.

Maybe? There is no maybes about it.

He killed us this year.

I felt he single handedly lost us the Jags and Eagles game.

How many times does Parcells have to say the oline wasn't always to blame for some of those sacks.

Why did Bledsoe not throw the ball to Fasano in the End Zone where the play was designed to go?

Why was he missing guys who were wide open?

If there is one player on the field who can tottally destroy your chances of winning than its the Quarterback and Bledsoe did a nice job of screwing up this year.

It seems like you want to throw the whole team under the bus for mistakes Bledsoe has made when in fact, like I stated earlier, I could put Bledsoe on the most mentally tough team of all time and if he turned the ball over and missed wide open guys that team would lose.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
50cent;1123440 said:
Who can't take a punch against Sf. They suck! Again, this is about how we play vs. good teams. We wilt.

We wilt or we can't finish with a knock out punch. That's been the story for some time now. All of that reflects back on Parcells not just the team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
50cent;1123435 said:
You can call it luck, but I call it battle tested. Able withstand a teams momentum to create your own. Teams draw off of that. Knowing they can make plays in the toughest cicumstances. Why are you just harping on the Bledsoe INts. There are other mistakes this teams makes under duress. Dropped passes, dropped ints, missed tackles, holding pentalties. This isn't all just Bledsoe.[/QUOTE]

Hey we are the only team in the league in the top 10 on both offense and defense.

The only thing holding us back is turnovers.

So I have to ask myself who is the main source for these turnovers.

Bledsoe you say?

I think we are 5-1 without turnovers. Maybe 6-0.

I guess if that were the case then we are suddenly mentally tough.