The Video Game Thread

Lutonio

Reaction score
Is anybody else playing the multiplayer for Ghost of Tsushima?

Four character classes, 9 story missions, a three chapter raid, and several wave based survival missions. I still need to do the raid.

All of this was added for free.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Well I purchased Demon Souls and Spiderman for the PS5.

I've never been into this type of game. Usually competitive types of games is what I play but I wanted a game that can Flex it's new next gen graphics.

I couldn't pick between the Souls game and Spiderman so I just grabbed both.

I've never played either. What can I expect? Fun? Frustration? All of the above?
I've played Marvel's Spider-Man for PlayStation 4 and especially enjoyed it. The follow-up to that game is Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales and the Ultimate Edition on the PlayStation 5 includes an improved version of the original game called Marvel's: Spider-Man Remastered and it's DLCs. I thoroughly completed the original and it's DLCs and look forward to the follow-up. I'd say expect a lot of fun. :thumbup:

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Is anybody else playing the multiplayer for Ghost of Tsushima?

Four character classes, 9 story missions, a three chapter raid, and several wave based survival missions. I still need to do the raid.

All of this was added for free.
I'm definitely going to check it out once I finish the single-player part. I usually stay away from multiplayer but I like this game so much that I will try it out.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Making my first post in the video games section,

But to anyone that has a Switch or PC, pick up Hades - Trust me
Welcome aboard, fresh blood is always good. My ex gf "kept" my switch lol ( i had some digital purchases on there too, think it was Doom, Bayonneta 2, the new Marvel Alliance game) yea she burned me:D but am getting a new one soon.

I play this Mario game with my nephew on there and I end up hoggin the controller when I'm supposed to be "helping" ..big bully uncle lol. I'll be on here looking for recommendations soon but don't think Zelda is my thing but understand why it's so beloved, etc. Just didn't grow up with that.

Last edited:

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, fresh blood is always good. My ex gf "kept" my switch lol ( i had some digital purchases on there too, think it was Doom, Bayonneta 2, the new Marvel Alliance game) yea she burned me:D but am getting a new one soon.

I play this Mario game with my nephew on there and I end up hoggin the controller when I'm supposed to be "helping" ..big bully uncle lol. I'll be on here looking for recommendations soon but don't think Zelda is my thing but understand why it's so beloved, etc. Just didn't grow up with that.

That's a shame...I happen to think the Switch is the perfect console.

As a 33 yeard old, I don't have as much time to sink into games as I once did...the Switch has all kinds of old school games (NES and SNES streaming, Mario anniversary collection) simple, time killing games (Tetris 99, Animal Crossing, Pokemon) and then bigger games such as Doom, Skyrim, Zelda, etc.

It's perfect for laying in bed and having something on in the background.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
That's a shame...I happen to think the Switch is the perfect console.

As a 33 yeard old, I don't have as much time to sink into games as I once did...the Switch has all kinds of old school games (NES and SNES streaming, Mario anniversary collection) simple, time killing games (Tetris 99, Animal Crossing, Pokemon) and then bigger games such as Doom, Skyrim, Zelda, etc.

It's perfect for laying in bed and having something on in the background.
I hear you brotha, I'm a little older (36) but liked it for the same reasons like chilling in bed with something on the TV; it's not a big process like with console type games. Also liked the nostalgia games you mentioned from the old days NES/SNES; probably spent an hour scrolling through all their options in the game store and memory lane was loving it.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I hear you brotha, I'm a little older (36) but liked it for the same reasons like chilling in bed with something on the TV; it's not a big process like with console type games. Also liked the nostalgia games you mentioned from the old days NES/SNES; probably spent an hour scrolling through all their options in the game store and memory lane was loving it.
I envy you younger guys. The Switch is cool but the reality for me is the screen is just too small for my aging eyes. I hope it doesn't happen to you and @HappyOnions but my vision was perfect until I hit 40 and then it just tanked from there. I remember when I got glasses, I asked the Optometrist WTH on my vision going bad so quickly. He asked how old I was, laughed, and said "Welcome to middle age!". I know plenty of guys my age that didn't experience this so there is hope for you! One thing about the Switch on a personal note is that it's kind of a pain to develop games on. The Nintendo platforms always have been though.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I envy you younger guys. The Switch is cool but the reality for me is the screen is just too small for my aging eyes. I hope it doesn't happen to you and @HappyOnions but my vision was perfect until I hit 40 and then it just tanked from there. I remember when I got glasses, I asked the Optometrist WTH on my vision going bad so quickly. He asked how old I was, laughed, and said "Welcome to middle age!". I know plenty of guys my age that didn't experience this so there is hope for you! One thing about the Switch on a personal note is that it's kind of a pain to develop games on. The Nintendo platforms always have been though.
Mine aren't perfect (no glasses) but all the cpu usage (poker online definitely) has hurt it over time. You can still set it up to your TV though if needed which is cool and have a little xbox lookin controller that works with it. What about Nintendo coding gave you issues...in the simpler terms bc def not versed, etc. ?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Mine aren't perfect (no glasses) but all the cpu usage (poker online definitely) has hurt it over time. You can still set it up to your TV though if needed which is cool and have a little xbox lookin controller that works with it. What about Nintendo coding gave you issues...in the simpler terms bc def not versed, etc. ?
LOL, I hear you. I've been staring at screens for many hours a day for 30+ years now and my generation is going to be the first to find out exactly what effect that has. My vision is seemingly getting worse by the month these days. It could be something else but I'm sure our eyes were not meant to do this. My hearing is bad too but I can't blame video games for that since I've dealt with it my whole life. I fear that my wife will have to lead me by the hand in the future and just shove food in my mouth to keep me alive. I don't know if she realizes what she signed up for :grin:

I'll talk about Nintendo some more a little later. I gotta get ready to stare at a screen for 12 hours at work! I'll probably post it while I'm at work so there is that.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
LOL, I hear you. I've been staring at screens for many hours a day for 30+ years now and my generation is going to be the first to find out exactly what effect that has. My vision is seemingly getting worse by the month these days. It could be something else but I'm sure our eyes were not meant to do this. My hearing is bad too but I can't blame video games for that since I've dealt with it my whole life. I fear that my wife will have to lead me by the hand in the future and just shove food in my mouth to keep me alive. I don't know if she realizes what she signed up for :grin:

I'll talk about Nintendo some more a little later. I gotta get ready to stare at a screen for 12 hours at work! I'll probably post it while I'm at work so there is that.
All good no rush was just curious type thing. Office Space is a great synopsis on many cpu based type occupations; you do feel almost anti human to be doing this as a way to make a living.

But someone has to do it to give me my games! Get in there! :D

Got a chuckle outta me bc deftly feel the get ready to stare at a screen all day "excitement" probably like many on here. But then again waking up hung over in my 20s to do more physical jobs wasn't so fun either.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We're down to 5 days until the new Xbox generation drops!! I'm super stoked! I actually took Tuesday the 10th off work. I will be at my front door tapping my foot and looking at my watch waiting for the UPS guy. :laugh:

To prepare, I have myself Watch Dog Legions ready to be played. It is optimized for the Series S/X. :D

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
We're down to 5 days until the new Xbox generation drops!! I'm super stoked! I actually took Tuesday the 10th off work. I will be at my front door tapping my foot and looking at my watch waiting for the UPS guy. :laugh:

To prepare, I have myself Watch Dog Legions ready to be played. It is optimized for the Series S/X. :D

What did you say your address was again:laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You and HappyOnions should find something more fun to do in bed. Neither of you are helping change the image of GameNerds.

"Oh, think I'll cook a romantic dinner complete with champagne, dim the lights, light the candles in the bath and then jump tween the sheets for some Mario's World. Just the glow of the fire, me and the burly little plumber".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You gaming fools are not making this any easier for an old codger in choosing which way to go. I want a game system and every time I sell myself on one, the other pops up to sell me on it. Hell, I am old enough to remember when Pong first arrived.

I may have to bite the bullet and get Switch and either PS5 or X Box but don't know enough about the exclusive games but it does seem that the PS5 is becoming synonymous with game console.

A lot of this comes down to the controller and how easy that is on mature hands.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
You and HappyOnions should find something more fun to do in bed. Neither of you are helping change the image of GameNerds.

"Oh, think I'll cook a romantic dinner complete with champagne, dim the lights, light the candles in the bath and then jump tween the sheets for some Mario's World. Just the glow of the fire, me and the burly little plumber".
:laugh: Should I put on my varsity football jersey instead and lead the proper life of Al Bundy? :D I did play varsity football (good ol 52 defense lol)

That was funny though :) Generational diff is that it's not "nerdy" anymore but kind is so your point is still funny. Ironically, I started playing VGs again to keep me outta trouble after problems with booze/drugs and some legal issues (have a lot more time on your hands when you're not drunk 24/7 ).

I'm gonna Cuddle up with a fine woman and whip out that...Nintendo Switch :laugh:

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
You gaming fools are not making this any easier for an old codger in choosing which way to go. I want a game system and every time I sell myself on one, the other pops up to sell me on it. Hell, I am old enough to remember when Pong first arrived.

I may have to bite the bullet and get Switch and either PS5 or X Box but don't know enough about the exclusive games but it does seem that the PS5 is becoming synonymous with game console.

A lot of this comes down to the controller and how easy that is on mature hands.
I would get the PS5 if you can find one for the games. If the controllers are an issue you can generally get modified ones that fit bigger paws or help with joint stuff, etc. Age aint nothin man, long as your hands/eyes hold up (knock on wood). Least I'm hoping :thumbup:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Hey @slammed where did you pick up your Xbox if you don't mind me asking? Think I will get the digital version for 3rd party games like Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla. Looking it up now I see the gougers on Ebay asking 800-1000 (not that pressed) but like the idea of the digital version. Just got told I can stay home until Jan so thinking of it doing it right.