The Video Game Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
A question for all the console gamers, are you getting one of the new consoles? If so, where is the best place/way to obtain one?
I'm signed up on the waiting lists for PS store and Amazon. I'm open to the Xbox, but almost all of my last gen digital stuff is on PSN, so wouldn't transfer over. If you guys see a flash/pre order sale definitely let us know (much appreciated).

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Ghost of Tsushima? I've been considering buying it.
Great game and worth the $. Highly recommend it. I actually learned a lot about Japanese culture and history playing through it. Covers the Mongol invasion of Japan where you're protecting your homeland.

I'm interested in the MP and plus game stuff they just released for free too. The combat doesn't have a lock on which throws you, but you see why later on when you're taking on multiple enemies. Different fighting stances work for certain enemies; brutes, swordsman, heavy shields. They have some morality stuff thrown in there that kind of messed with me too in a "deeper" way. Won't spoilt that aspect.

Really polished and finished product, can tell the people who made it cared about it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I believe{?} and i may be mistaken but Age of Empires Definitive Edition, AOE2 DE and AOE3 DE which was just released are all on Xbox gamepass.

Ok this is probably what I read somewhere then. Excellent.

A question for all the console gamers, are you getting one of the new consoles? If so, where is the best place/way to obtain one?

I am. Have an Xbox Series X on pre-order. I was part of the initial pre-order rat race. As far as best ways, I'm not sure there is one. lol I keep seeing a lot of rumors that Best Buy/Target are going to have launch day stock for the new consoles. You may just have to keep an eye out for advertisements or take a chance with one on launch day.

JayFord

Reaction score
That xbox series x UI looks exactly like the xbox one i currently have

This xbox series x is looking really underwhelming only way I'm getting it is if they are putting out new gears of war exclusively for the series x and not on the one

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Great game and worth the $. Highly recommend it. I actually learned a lot about Japanese culture and history playing through it. Covers the Mongol invasion of Japan where you're protecting your homeland.

I'm interested in the MP and plus game stuff they just released for free too. The combat doesn't have a lock on which throws you, but you see why later on when you're taking on multiple enemies. Different fighting stances work for certain enemies; brutes, swordsman, heavy shields. They have some morality stuff thrown in there that kind of messed with me too in a "deeper" way. Won't spoilt that aspect.

Really polished and finished product, can tell the people who made it cared about it.
Nice review and I really appreciate it, man. The trailers I've watched are gorgeous and I think you just sold the game for me.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Nice review and I really appreciate it, man. The trailers I've watched are gorgeous and I think you just sold the game for me.
You're welcome happy to do it :) I think you will enjoy it most definitely. It's bw that and hopefully Cyberpunk as my tops for 2020. The art design and settings does take you back more than a couple of times. I would sometimes just span over the new environment while on my horse when seeing a new back drop or part of the map.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So got from Gamefly and started playing Zelda: Link's Awakening on my Nintendo Switch. Fantastic game. I'm having a great time with it. Probably stayed up way too late last night playing it. :laugh: One downfall to the handheld is it somehow follows me around the house. Weird. :D

InTheZone

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Ghost of Tsushima? I've been considering buying it.
you may or may not like it. It all depends if you enjoy single player experiences that aren't just nonstop action packed explosions and gunfights. They recently came out with a free update that some consider to be one of the best additions to any game.

InTheZone

Reaction score
So got from Gamefly and started playing Zelda: Link's Awakening on my Nintendo Switch. Fantastic game. I'm having a great time with it. Probably stayed up way too late last night playing it. :laugh: One downfall to the handheld is it somehow follows me around the house. Weird. :D
I too have it on the switch. It was though the first game and system/handheld I was able to afford as a kid after saving for who knows how long. Bought the clear atomic purple gameboy color and links awakening, played the heck out of it, but I didn't remember anything from the first going to the switch version.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
you may or may not like it. It all depends if you enjoy single player experiences that aren't just nonstop action packed explosions and gunfights. They recently came out with a free update that some consider to be one of the best additions to any game.
Cool to hear about the free addition. I'm totally into the single-player thing. I haven't really been into MP since I had a 10-year-old scream "I suck" through the headset. LOL.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Cool to hear about the free addition. I'm totally into the single-player thing. I haven't really been into MP since I had a 10-year-old scream "I suck" through the headset. LOL.
Ahhh the good ol 360..well not really, I quit MP back then bc of the 10 year olds nano gaming too. Think they're better than me, well they are but they could be nicer about it:laugh: The only place I kind still hold my own is with Madden MP wise.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Ahhh the good ol 360..well not really, I quit MP back then bc of the 10 year olds nano gaming too. Think they're better than me, well they are but they could be nicer about it:laugh: The only place I kind still hold my own is with Madden MP wise.
That's what really got me. He was better than me! Thanks for the good laugh this morning brother...lol.

Lutonio

Reaction score
My wife likes to browse for plushies in GameStop. As we walked inside yesterday, she saw the poster for Cyberpunk.

“Oh, it comes out in November?” She asks me.

“No,” I respond shaking my head. “It will just get delayed again, and all the fanboys will be disappointed.”

And here we are today. Delayed into December.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
My wife likes to browse for plushies in GameStop. As we walked inside yesterday, she saw the poster for Cyberpunk.

“No,” I respond shaking my head. “It will just get delayed again, and all the fanboys will be disappointed.”

Ah that does suck tbh. Was looking fwd to it. Kind of into Outer Worlds so will finish that up a bit slower than planned.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Was just going to post this, i am disappointed but its only a month so no biggie.

Here is the official statement.
The biggest challenge for us right now is shipping the game on current-gen, next-gen, and PC at the same time, which requires us to prepare and test 9 versions of it [...] while working from home." reads a joint statement from CD Projekt Red's Adam Badowski and Marcin Iwiński.

They have a great track record so they get a pass from me.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well that sucks. On one hand though, hard to be super critical of them with how crazy 2020 has been. Between covid sending people home to work and the new console cycle coming out, I'm sure it's strenuous on the development.

Edit: Yup pretty much what JohnnyTheFox just posted above. lol

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed again to December 10th

Cyberpunk_2077_screen_8.jpg

CD Projekt Red is working on a launch day patch.

Read Full Story