The Video Game Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
So far so good here as well! Only real bug I have run across, so far, is some dialogue. The game will have you choose some dialogue of your choice and a few times as I'm choosing what I want to say, the character will start answering and talk over your answer. Outside that, it's been good for me. The scenery is awesome. I do need to take the time to learn a few things though. I went through one mission and was just collecting everything in sight not knowing if I need it yet or not. lol

I’ve always kind of been this way in open world RPG’s.

I am like a pack rat. Collecting everything I see and can get my hands on.

I’m also stingy with using my stuff. Like I will save potions and objects and not use them unless I 100% absolutely have to.

and what usually happens is I then beat the game with huge stockpiles of crap that I never end up using. When I could have used them to make my life easier going through missions or whatever. Lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I’m also stingy with using my stuff. Like I will save potions and objects and not use them unless I 100% absolutely have to.

and what usually happens is I then beat the game with huge stockpiles of crap that I never end up using. When I could have used them to make my life easier going through missions or whatever. Lol
Anything with a crafting you just never know what you are gonna need

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Downloaded Madden 21 because it was half off. Opening scene was full of dropped frames, then it crashed. Finally got it open, played a couple of online games and immediately requested a refund from the MS store. This is one of the worst Maddens of all time. I used to play it every year and play in online franchises. Sad what it has become.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Anything with a crafting you just never know what you are gonna need

Lol exactly. I’m always like “nah I’ll save this for later.”

So I save stuff and save it and save it. And then “later” never comes and I’m like. I should have just made it and used it.

In Zelda breath of the wild. I had so much food and weapons I had to start just dropping stuff all the time because I stockpiled so much crap.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The PS4 or PS4? I'm asking because I read a couple of reports this morning saying the two older consoles (PS4 and X-Box) were having major issues handling the graphics. There were even some memes comparing it to the original DOOM. Lol

I cant vouch for consoles but pc wise the game is absolutely killing my 1070 GPU, had to drop resolution to 1440/2K and fiddle with some shadow/reflection settings just to hover around 45 FPS. There are reports of people with 3-series video cards not getting much better performance. The game needs some serious optimization.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big as far as download size, or the scope of the game?
The scope. I can't see myself being able to donate that much time to a game of this caliber. I've restarted Far Cry 5 on more than a few times, but it can be days before I can play it again and I will have no idea where I am so I start over. That's why I pretty much have been sticking to linear games the last couple of years. It's much easier to start where you left off.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

:laugh:LOL I totally get where you're coming from. I tend to be the same way.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The scope. I can't see myself being able to donate that much time to a game of this caliber. I've restarted Far Cry 5 on more than a few times, but it can be days before I can play it again and I will have no idea where I am so I start over. That's why I pretty much have been sticking to linear games the last couple of years. It's much easier to start where you left off.

I just finished Far Cry 5 like 2 months ago. I played about half of it and then it got put on the back burner for a long time. Finally one day, going through my library, I glanced at it and thought "Oh yeah! I forgot I had that game. Guess I will finish it!" Solid game. Haven't played Far Cry New Dawn at all and they have Far Cry 6 on the horizon.

On your time subject, I was just talking to my brother today about "too many games, not enough time". It's tough with average games these days being anywhere from 30-100 hours of gameplay. I just recently started GTA-V, Cyberpunk is out, and I have my friends that are always wanting me to play COD online. lol So, yeah, I tend to jump around a bit unless a game REALLY hooks me (i.e. Bioshock series).

So far into Cyberpunk I can say that it seems deserving of the majority of my gaming time though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Downloaded Madden 21 because it was half off. Opening scene was full of dropped frames, then it crashed. Finally got it open, played a couple of online games and immediately requested a refund from the MS store. This is one of the worst Maddens of all time. I used to play it every year and play in online franchises. Sad what it has become.

Man, I get what you're saying, but I was really loving The Yard part of the game.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just finished Far Cry 5 like 2 months ago. I played about half of it and then it got put on the back burner for a long time. Finally one day, going through my library, I glanced at it and thought "Oh yeah! I forgot I had that game. Guess I will finish it!" Solid game. Haven't played Far Cry New Dawn at all and they have Far Cry 6 on the horizon.

On your time subject, I was just talking to my brother today about "too many games, not enough time". It's tough with average games these days being anywhere from 30-100 hours of gameplay. I just recently started GTA-V, Cyberpunk is out, and I have my friends that are always wanting me to play COD online. lol So, yeah, I tend to jump around a bit unless a game REALLY hooks me (i.e. Bioshock series).

So far into Cyberpunk I can say that it seems deserving of the majority of my gaming time though.
I'm an old-timer in my late 50's and some people look at me like I'm too old to be playing video games. I'm actually old enough to where I played coin-op Pong in a bowling alley back in the day. Lol

I played and finished all the Far Cry games except Far Cry 5 or the New Dawn. I even played Far Cry 1 (that was a brutal game IMO). I love playing video games. I don't see it wasting time either. If you tell someone you binge watched a series all through the night most people don't have a problem with it, but if I say I played a game for "X" amount of hours then I'm looked as someone who doesn't have a life when in reality I was using a lot more brain cells playing a video game than I would have watching TV. I would also snack a lot less playing video games. When you get classic games like Bioshock or the Last of Us that suck you in it's better than just about any movie or TV show you can have. Gamers are probably the only ones who "get" it.

Lutonio

Reaction score

I still play Tecmo Bowl every year. A group puts out a hacked version every September with current NFL rosters.

Way better than what Madden has become.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Got Cyberpunk downloading now on ps4 pro...getting hyped! I won't post the link to the video bc he cusses(not a lot) but "The Keef Crew" on YT does comedy skits on video games and the ps5/xbox stuff and the CyberPunk craze..killed a good hour earlier watching his stuff earlier during work had us rolling...highly recommend it
https://www.youtube.com/user/KeithTheMongooseKTM