The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The manufacturers and retail places have no reason to stop it from happening.

The manufacturers get to brag about "fastest selling blah blah blah of all time" and the retailers know that "the people who don't get one will still buy them later on".

I will pick up a 3080 at some point next year but I really am in no rush. That's why I bought a 2070 Super a few months ago because I knew what was going to happen.

My 2070 Super will be more than powerful enough for any game I want to play.

I know its impossible but there should be some sort of regulation in the business.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
A friend of mine just finished pre loading Cyberpunk which was around 60 GBs, then tomorrow will be the day one patch which is around 40 GB. The game releases at different times, people on USA/Central/Pacific time will be able to play tomorrow afternoon but people in other parts of the world wont be able to play until the 10th.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
A friend of mine just finished pre loading Cyberpunk which was around 60 GBs, then tomorrow will be the day one patch which is around 40 GB. The game releases at different times, people on USA/Central/Pacific time will be able to play tomorrow afternoon but people in other parts of the world wont be able to play until the 10th.
People have set their consoles to New Zealand time and are playing right now. I'm not going to risk that. But today is the day buddies!!! Hopefully sooner than later.. My anticipation is out of bounds. Let's Go!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
My pick for sure. If 2077 was eligible, no contest. But we all know the big prize is going The Last Of Us Part 2.
It really shouldn't tbh. It's a good game, but the story which warped me in on the first is all over the place. Day 1 Seattle, then day 3 flashback, then day 2..somewhere. I'm following along fine(ish) I get the gist, but I know that's a cheap gimmick in story telling you're not supposed to overly rely on.

The whole story (which can be pretty vivid I'll say, give them credit) is cut up in flashbacks and the switching character perspectives after already knowing how their end comes doesn't make too much sense to me. The gameplay loop is a bit tired admittedly, creep around, look for supplies, take out creepers or others, do it again, etc.

Ghost of Tsushima was the better game and hope it wins out.

Last edited:

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
It really shouldn't tbh. It's a good game, but the story which warped me in on the first is all over the place. Day 1 Seattle, then day 3 flashback, then day 2..somewhere. I'm following along fine(ish) I get the gist, but I know that's a cheap gimmick in story telling you're not supposed to overly rely on.

The whole story (which can be pretty vivid I'll say, give them credit) is cut up in flashbacks and the switching character perspectives after already knowing how their end comes doesn't make too much sense to me. The gameplay loop is a bit tired admittedly, creep around, look for supplies, take out creepers or others, do it again, etc.

Ghost of Tsushima was the better game and hope it wins out.
Absolutely agreed 110%. I played every second, and though a technical marvel, the forced "stuff" and terrible story outcome left a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. Ghost was amazing. But the true GOAT of the year comes out today!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Absolutely agreed 110%. I played every second, and though a technical marvel, the forced "stuff" and terrible story outcome left a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. Ghost was amazing. But the true GOAT of the year comes out today!
Hear you there, I'm half rushing through it to move on to Cyberpunk. I'll probably download it tomorrow, was a little let down you can't get a free ps5 upgrade for it unless I missed something.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When people are lurking and mugging and literally pulling Fast and Furious type heists on freeways with trucks thinking they have consoles and graphics cards, that becomes an issue...and its happening. Pretty sad to be honest.

I thought you were talking about a video game when I first read this...

Any more detail about this fast and furious type hesits? What happened..?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
People have set their consoles to New Zealand time and are playing right now. I'm not going to risk that. But today is the day buddies!!! Hopefully sooner than later.. My anticipation is out of bounds. Let's Go!

This is accurate. I'm in a gaming group on FB and there are a ton of people doing this. Some people claiming they already have 6-10 hours into the game. :laugh:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Hear you there, I'm half rushing through it to move on to Cyberpunk. I'll probably download it tomorrow, was a little let down you can't get a free ps5 upgrade for it unless I missed something.
you definitely get a free ps5 upgrade, it's just not ready for download. I preordered Cyberpunk the other day, but I want to finish Immortals Fenyx Rising (sleeper of the year) first, and probably go back and finish Ghost of Tsushima before I touch Cyberpunk.