The Video Game Thread

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Anybody checking out this Resident Evil 8 Village demo on PS5? I know it's a divisive franchise now but Holy Smokes....this game gonna be legit. I personally enjoyed RE 7 quite a Megaton, despite some garbage story aspects, but any true old school gamer has to have Resident Evil somewhere in our decrepit, frozen Zombie hearts haha.

Forgot to say RE4 is in my top 10 games of all time for sure. Jeez they all could be really

SlammedZero

Reaction score

They put Control on the Xbox Gamepass. I downloaded and played it some. It's.....different. Not sure how I feel about it quite yet.
Anybody checking out this Resident Evil 8 Village demo on PS5? I know it's a divisive franchise now but Holy Smokes....this game gonna be legit. I personally enjoyed RE 7 quite a Megaton, despite some garbage story aspects, but any true old school gamer has to have Resident Evil somewhere in our decrepit, frozen Zombie hearts haha.

Forgot to say RE4 is in my top 10 games of all time for sure. Jeez they all could be really

I played a good chunk of RE7 in VR. That was a trip. lol

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
They put Control on the Xbox Gamepass. I downloaded and played it some. It's.....different. Not sure how I feel about it quite yet.

I played a good chunk of RE7 in VR. That was a trip. lol
Control can be a little hit and miss with the combat. Some scenes it feels smooth, and synchronized, other times total chaos where you're just sailing things across the room at enemies until there are no more. The story had me lost tbh...I would kinda catch on, but not care enough to follow the cut scenes thoroughly (usually when repacking the bowl lol); so your vibe was my vibe even after almost completing the campaign but was still one of the better games of 2019 all that said.

I only played a few hrs of RE7 but enjoyed it too, that family was creepy enough to pull you in for a bit. I really liked that RE2 remake they did, I played that all the way through pretty fast.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

SMH...that's how people are playing this online....my dumb ace lol (Why do all these youtubers get early access???) Well they don't dummy :laugh:

Glad you clarified, I'll download it and give it a go. Goin to do the Nioh 2 on Feb 5th. Keep the Souls vibe alive, it was hard going to Miles Morales after DS, the combat is just too button smasher by comparison, etc. but do like swinging around Mahattan.

just more of a rant; The voice actor for Miles though...couldn't they find a kid who hit puberty? Got this 15 year old kid who sounds more like 10 due to the high pitched corny voice. The game is meant to be kind of campy and light hearted but this kid can be just a bit too corny @ times. Without getting too into it, it's obvious they are trying to warm kids up to this character so they found probably the least intimidating voice you have ever heard lol

Last edited:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Couple of screenshots from my latest adventures in Lord of the Rings Online, both taken around Bree. The games graphics and vistas are beautiful especially for a 13 yr old game.
Screen-Shot-2021-01-30-131211-0.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-01-30-131425-0.jpg

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Skyrim is almost ten years old and i've got it looking fantastic.

Modders are incredible, the amount of enjoyment that guys have provided me through the years with their mods can't be overstated.

Some really talented people out there.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Skyrim is almost ten years old and i've got it looking fantastic.

Modders are incredible, the amount of enjoyment that guys have provided me through the years with their mods can't be overstated.

Some really talented people out there.

I think half of my time in Skyrim has been looking at and installing all the different mods :laugh:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Control can be a little hit and miss with the combat. Some scenes it feels smooth, and synchronized, other times total chaos where you're just sailing things across the room at enemies until there are no more. The story had me lost tbh...I would kinda catch on, but not care enough to follow the cut scenes thoroughly (usually when repacking the bowl lol); so your vibe was my vibe even after almost completing the campaign but was still one of the better games of 2019 all that said.
Control is developed by Remedy Entertainment and is a spinoff of their previous game Alan Wake; if you're a fan, I recommend finishing the game and playing the DLC AWE, which is a crossover. :cool:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath, i always thought the NCAA Football games were just as good as Madden if not better.
They were sometimes a bit different in a greatway....I think it was NCAA 02 that was deemed one of the best football games in history due to depth. My buddy played that for years after the fact bc he thought there was so much to it.

But to Bob's point, EA actually "worked" on Madden back then, but they've really been coasting the last 5 years or so. I mean such minimal effort it;s insulting at times. I wish it was a totally new team but know that likely won't be the case. (so jaded as I get older lol)

That's the first thing I said to myself as well when seeing the announcement. Anyone but EA please (just Madden regurgitated and they would use the same tired engine)...oh okay, well we'll see what they come up with. It felt different back then, I have a bad feeling it will be Madden with College names and colors if the recent direction of Madden says anything about EA sports, etc..

Last edited:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
"You suck SkyHawk, go back to Seattle!" Where's the girl puking in the trash can? :D

That is pretty cool tbh, was the music any good do you know or were people kinda just waiting on their parties?

I believe she played a couple of movie themes which the names of escape me at the moment. You can learn to play an instrument in the game and then learn songs which to my understanding takes a bit of time and effort. She invited one and all to come listen at the stage in the town of Bree and a few showed up. The game out of any MMORPG i have played probably has the best community. One of the roleplaying servers has a annual concert called Weatherstock which has a ton of bands

JayFord

Reaction score
Ncaa is coming back I would jump for joy but seeing what EA does these days?

if everything from ncaa 14 isnt offered at launch in this new title its a no buy from me....and soon as i see ultimate team im not buying because that’s where all their resources go

Madden 21 was the final straw, the game is a big infomercial with a side of football