The Video Game Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
So, I beat Cyberpunk today. It had.....an interesting......end to the story. Why I realize there are quite a few different ways to end the game, I definitely didn't expect the way I ended up finishing mine. The game did, however, allow me to go back to my last save point to where I can change the ending and roam the world. Thought that was interesting. Usually you can finish the story mode and still roam the world. Not really with this game. You have to go back to a certain save point. Oh well, it was a fun story. Now I think I will just roam around the map and check out some side missions in my free time.

I will have to watch the video Lutonio posted above.
That is cool in case you didn't want to do 2-3 playthroughs to get the various endings but is a bit odd not letting you free roam after the fact. I'm probably going to hold out until they release the next gen version (think summer 2021) but evidently they also will be releasing some free dlc this first 6 months or so to try to make up for the bad rollout.

I didn't care for the CEO doing a public apology type of thing; it came off as whiny/woe is us more than forward thinking...basically it was just really really hard to program for...that's a you problem sir. Rockstar kind of pulls the rug from this premise...they did what you were trying to do but wo the vast glitches in RDR2 and GTA5.

Halo isn't going on a feel sorry tour, they delayed the game like they should have and just said next gen exclusive.

Last edited:

Lutonio

Reaction score
So, I beat Cyberpunk today. It had.....an interesting......end to the story. Why I realize there are quite a few different ways to end the game, I definitely didn't expect the way I ended up finishing mine. The game did, however, allow me to go back to my last save point to where I can change the ending and roam the world. Thought that was interesting. Usually you can finish the story mode and still roam the world. Not really with this game. You have to go back to a certain save point. Oh well, it was a fun story. Now I think I will just roam around the map and check out some side missions in my free time.

I will have to watch the video Lutonio posted above.

Definitely watch it. Sure there is coverage of the release state and bugs, but the best parts are about the coverage, fan hype, and highlighting the content that was promised but never made it in to the game. That and journalists/youtubers completely shilling for the game.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
fwyenh4.gif

:facepalm:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first time I played a multiplayer FPS game it was with some friends who were quite skilled at it but I was new to it.

I asked them, "How do you throw a grenade?" while pressing keys and next thing I knew I threw a grenade at wall and it bounced right back to the middle of where we were standing.

I yelled, "RUN!" in voice and a split second later we all died.

It became a "running" joke that if I say "RUN!", we're already dead.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The very first time I played a multiplayer FPS game it was with some friends who were quite skilled at it but I was new to it.

I asked them, "How do you throw a grenade?" while pressing keys and next thing I knew I threw a grenade at wall and it bounced right back to the middle of where we were standing.

It became a "running" joke that when I say "RUN!", we're already dead.
I just got back into Path Of Exile.

I am such a glutton for punishment, but I like this league!*

*Said every crack addict.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've done that. :laugh: I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've flashbanged myself. :D
You're not alone. Although I've intentionally used grenades on myself too. In the old game Team Fortress Classic I would use grenades to help propel my player across maps; rockets worked too. :cool:
The first time I played a multiplayer FPS game it was with some friends who were quite skilled at it but I was new to it.

That's funny. My friends and I also have a running joke involving grenades. We prime & hold a grenade and release it so it explodes right in the other friend's face, then in voice say, "Nice catch!" :D

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow with this LG combined with both my PS5 Series X and Dolby Atmosphere. Unbelievable....My 37 year old body warped into my 8 year old self than warped back again. Seriously just wow with these consoles and the TV. ****
That's really great to hear! I still haven't been able to really take advantage of the TV's capabilities as I don't have the next gen console. I have a PS4 Pro. I've also been busy at work traveling everywhere (I work from home, supposedly...lol) so I really haven't enjoyed it as much as I want.

I was wrong on my former TV's size. It was "only" a 60" TV, so I guess my original HDTV was a 65" and not a 70". I really couldn't get a bigger TV as it would have required me to move too much of my furniture. 65" is perfect for me.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

:lmao2:that's HILARIOUS:lmao2:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So how are you LG CX Series guys liking your TVs? Was it everything it was hyped up to be? I've been kicking the idea around of upgrading my living room TV. I have a 4K Sony now, and it's a great TV, but OLED has my attention. I was just reading the reviews on Best Buy and they are really good. Just curious what you guys thought.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That’s a great game. It’s really one of the only action RPGs that doesn’t make me think “I should just play Diablo instead of this.”
Their skill tree is beautiful insanity.
You can make a character into anything, but some things synergize so powerfully and it's very satisfying when you find a skill path that makes your character something that feels special.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So how are you LG CX Series guys liking your TVs? Was it everything it was hyped up to be? I've been kicking the idea around of upgrading my living room TV. I have a 4K Sony now, and it's a great TV, but OLED has my attention. I was just reading the reviews on Best Buy and they are really good. Just curious what you guys thought.
It goes without saying the picture is stunning and I'm still amazed how thin it is. I haven't been able to take full advantage of it's capabilities, but I will eventually. For a TV this thin the audio is really good.

There are a couple of things I have to figure out as there are some things my old TV did this new one doesn't seem to do, unless I haven't figured it out. My old TV would turn on automatically when you turned on a device and go to that device's HDMI input. Another thing my old TV would do is turn off its internal speaker whenever I turned on my 5.1 system and turn back on when I turned the receiver off. These are minor annoyances and I would still buy this TV in a heartbeat. I wish I had the hardware to take full advantage of it.

Oh, there is no manual for it. Even on LG's website it says it's not available. It directs you to an older OLED manual. I've had to get a few pointers for their forum and searching the Internet. There are so many settings on this thing it would be nice to have a manual to describe what each setting does.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It goes without saying the picture is stunning and I'm still amazed how thin it is. I haven't been able to take full advantage of it's capabilities, but I will eventually. For a TV this thin the audio is really good.

There are a couple of things I have to figure out as there are some things my old TV did this new one doesn't seem to do, unless I haven't figured it out. My old TV would turn on automatically when you turned on a device and go to that device's HDMI input. Another thing my old TV would do is turn off its internal speaker whenever I turned on my 5.1 system and turn back on when I turned the receiver off. These are minor annoyances and I would still buy this TV in a heartbeat. I wish I had the hardware to take full advantage of it.

Oh, there is no manual for it. Even on LG's website it says it's not available. It directs you to an older OLED manual. I've had to get a few pointers for their forum and searching the Internet. There are so many settings on this thing it would be nice to have a manual to describe what each setting does.

Good to hear!! That is kind of a bummer about the no automatic turn-on feature. Wonder if it is in a setting somewhere? I absolutely love that I can turn on my Xbox/PS4 and the TV automatically pops on. :laugh:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Are there any Guitar Hero fans in this thread? I used to nerd out on that game like crazy back in it's heyday. I was starting to get pretty good at it (in my eyes lol). Since then I've done sold my Xbox 360 and all my Guitar Hero games/guitars and moved on, however, I got a sudden urge to play it again lately. I started kind of looking into what it would cost to get a used 360, games, etc. etc., and somebody told me about Clone Hero for PC. I'm intrigued. Anybody on here familiar with it?

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Is it pua? This link at least claims that it covers that one. AVSForum is usually a good tv forum.

https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED65CXPUA.AUS

https://www.avsforum.com/forums/oled-technology-and-flat-panels-general.40/