The Video Game Thread

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I've found, just like you mentioned, it looks pretty solid right out of the box. I did feel Game mode was a little flat in color for me. Just a personal preference but I like vivid colors and detail. Moving it over to Vivid looked amazing but I'm not sure how that affects the gaming performance (and I noticed it always reverts back to Game mode each time anyway). So I just bumped up color and a tiny bit of sharpness on Game mode and I think I have it where I like it. Looks really clean.

I haven't watched hardly any television on it yet tbh. Checked out a couple quick peeks at a 4K movie and it looked good. If there is any soap opera affect I will quickly kill that. I just can't do that. So far though, I can see where the hype with OLED lies. Now I just get to hope/be careful that I don't get any burn in. lol
Disable Tru Motion to get rid of the soap opera effect, but when watching sports you will probably want it on.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I've found, just like you mentioned, it looks pretty solid right out of the box. I did feel Game mode was a little flat in color for me. Just a personal preference but I like vivid colors and detail. Moving it over to Vivid looked amazing but I'm not sure how that affects the gaming performance (and I noticed it always reverts back to Game mode each time anyway). So I just bumped up color and a tiny bit of sharpness on Game mode and I think I have it where I like it. Looks really clean.

I haven't watched hardly any television on it yet tbh. Checked out a couple quick peeks at a 4K movie and it looked good. If there is any soap opera affect I will quickly kill that. I just can't do that. So far though, I can see where the hype with OLED lies. Now I just get to hope/be careful that I don't get any burn in. lol

so I'm looking at my c9 settings and I forgot a few things while also misremembering where some settings were. You want:

-picture>additional settings>hdmi ultra hd deep color enabled

-picture>additional settings>instant game response enabled

-picture>additional settings>old panel>screen shift and logo luminance enabled (helps prevent burn in, high luminance adjustment dims static logos/areas more than low)

-picture>picture mode (game or game hdr)>expert controls>dynamic tone mapping (hgig) / color gamut (auto) / dynamic contrast (off, your preference) / super resolution (off, your preference)

-picture>picture mode (game or game hdr)>expert controls>white balance>warm1 (your preference, cool is too blue, and warm 2 is too orangy for me)

-picture>picture mode (game or game hdr)>picture options>everything is off, black level low (when you flip between low/high you will see your blacks will look normal vs the other setting washing out the colors in general, it all depends on your rgb and hdr settings)

I'm sure the c9 panel is slightly different than the cx so the oled lights/contrast might be different to look optimal. My HDR Game Picture Mode is set to the following: OLED Light and Contrast are set to 100, brightness 50, sharpness 10, color 55.

Remember these settings apply to the current active picture mode. If you flip inputs or picture modes (or when your console enables/disables hdr) the settings will not carry over unless you tell it to apply to all inputs, which in that case will carry over picture mode settings to other inputs that are using the same picture mode. If unclear, here's an example:

-Game (User) settings will not carry over to Vivid or anything else ever, however if you apply Game (User) to all inputs then any other hdmi inputs using Game (user) will have the same settings you saved

Hopefully this helps anyone on here with a LG OLED panel.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score

Was going to post the same vids considering all our LG CX first world problems and all...
I was well aware of the specific settings these TV's needed. And mine is a monster. Each individual game combined with my setup and movie, TV/signal etc. The Matrix 4K UHD both digital and disk versions look absolutely fantastic. Hell, I watched my Amazon old digital copy of Aliens and it looked fantastic.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Thanks all!! I will watch those videos and see what they all recommend. I feel like I have my Game/HDR settings great. 4K Movies and games look incredible. What I need to figure out still is some SDR content. For example, watching Big Bang Theory on HBO Max app (through my Xbox) the blacks seem crushed. The colors are a little dull for my taste in Standard, move it over to vivid, looks great in one scene but the next scene looks a bit oversaturated. So, I definitely have some toying to do in those regards. lol

I have thought to myself that maybe I'm just overreacting to how well OLED seems to do in contrast. Blacks and BLACK vs my old LED panel where blacks still have some light in them.

Anyone seen @Crazed Liotta Eyes in awhile? He owes me money (joking) :Djust noticed haven't seen our guy on here in a bit. Hope all is well, etc.

Funny, somebody bumped an old thread in the off-topic area today (believe it was the comedians one) and I seen posts from him from a few months ago and thought the same thing as you "dang where has he been?" Hope all is well in his world.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Things just keep getting worse for CD Projekt, it appears{/} they have been hacked which includes the source code for Cyberpunk and the Witcher 3.

CD Projekt Red Hack Compromises Internal Documents, | GameWatcher

"Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red confirmed today that it has been hacked. The hackers gained access to the company's internal network and managed to compromise "documents relating to accounting, administration, legal, HR, investor relations and more," according to the note they left behind.

They also claim to have gained access to the source code for Cyberpunk 2077, Gwent, The Witcher 3, as well as an unreleased version of CD Projekt Red's popular fantasy RPG"

"If we will not come to an agreement, then your source code will be sold or leaked online and your documents will be sent to our contacts in gaming journalism. Your public image will go down the shi**er even more and people will see how you shi**y your company functions. Investors will lose trust in your company and the stock will dive even lower," the hackers wrote before giving the developer 48 hours to respond.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Things just keep getting worse for CD Projekt, it appears{/} they have been hacked which includes the source code for Cyberpunk and the Witcher 3.

CD Projekt Red Hack Compromises Internal Documents, | GameWatcher

"Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red confirmed today that it has been hacked. The hackers gained access to the company's internal network and managed to compromise "documents relating to accounting, administration, legal, HR, investor relations and more," according to the note they left behind.

They also claim to have gained access to the source code for Cyberpunk 2077, Gwent, The Witcher 3, as well as an unreleased version of CD Projekt Red's popular fantasy RPG"

"If we will not come to an agreement, then your source code will be sold or leaked online and your documents will be sent to our contacts in gaming journalism. Your public image will go down the shi**er even more and people will see how you shi**y your company functions. Investors will lose trust in your company and the stock will dive even lower," the hackers wrote before giving the developer 48 hours to respond.
You said it, feels like a movie with the bolded quote from the hackers. Inside job written all over it (like I know what I'm talkin about lol) In a movie it would be an inside job...:D

InTheZone

Reaction score
Thanks all!! I will watch those videos and see what they all recommend. I feel like I have my Game/HDR settings great. 4K Movies and games look incredible. What I need to figure out still is some SDR content. For example, watching Big Bang Theory on HBO Max app (through my Xbox) the blacks seem crushed. The colors are a little dull for my taste in Standard, move it over to vivid, looks great in one scene but the next scene looks a bit oversaturated. So, I definitely have some toying to do in those regards. lol

I have thought to myself that maybe I'm just overreacting to how well OLED seems to do in contrast. Blacks and BLACK vs my old LED panel where blacks still have some light in them.

Funny, somebody bumped an old thread in the off-topic area today (believe it was the comedians one) and I seen posts from him from a few months ago and thought the same thing as you "dang where has he been?" Hope all is well in his world.
With the app/stream playing look at your black level, OLED light, and color temp. Vivid will make the colors pop more, but it's an unnatural look.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Nioh 2 is overwhelming, not giving up tho! Just comp to Demon Souls/Bloodborne, this is a real rpg in terms of the depth to the weapons/loot/fighting stances. Even the tutorials had me going mind numb @ times.
Agreed bro. Nioh is a completely different animal. It's WAY more frantic and fast-paced better be prepared for every situation type of game. If you don't have the right build, you're SOL I've noticed, where with SoulsBourne you can adapt to the situation. Nioh just throws you into the fire and hopefully the strategy works. I love both styles personally.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something's Fishy About This Steam Game's "Very Positive" Reviews

onmnwjkaxc01f0jfemzq.png

Emoji Evolution is a simple-looking puzzle game in which you combine different elements to find a new one in order to and wow, this really escalates solve the main dilemma of humanity. It seems like Steam users like it pretty well...or do they?

Read Full Story

---

Look at the DEVELOPER and PUBLISHER names :D

:laugh:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

onmnwjkaxc01f0jfemzq.png

Emoji Evolution is a simple-looking puzzle game in which you combine different elements to find a new one in order to and wow, this really escalates solve the main dilemma of humanity. It seems like Steam users like it pretty well...or do they?

Read Full Story

---

That's one way to do it lol...just name yourself "The Best"...Hello, I am the Best, and I aint lying ;)"

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

onmnwjkaxc01f0jfemzq.png

Read Full Story

---

:laugh::laugh:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I got my ps5 from Walmart and they beat the original estimated date by about 3 weeks so am hoping that is the same for you. Sarek was in the same boat and had the same delivery winow.

Congrats my man, you will definitely enjoy seeing you missed the last gen of consoles

You were right. The Xbox shipped and now FedEx says it should arrive on Saturday.

I am pumped.

Any games anyone recommends to buy to enjoy on it? I haven’t even figured out the first game I want to buy to use on the system.

though some of the Xbox one games alone I already play will look better

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You were right. The Xbox shipped and now FedEx says it should arrive on Saturday.

I am pumped.

Any games anyone recommends to buy to enjoy on it? I haven’t even figured out the first game I want to buy to use on the system.

though some of the Xbox one games alone I already play will look better

What genres do you like?

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Welp, seems my Series X has already crapped itself. None of my digital games load and when they do, Black screen and system shut off. Ouch. I've had WAY more issues with my Xbox than the PS5. Bummer for sure...calling Support here shortly.