The Video Game Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
Thanks! If the weather wasn't so bad I would probably have it now. My grandkids are planning a sleepover this weekend and I want to give us all something to do at night.

You’ll have a blast man. I use my Xbox for my purposes. But I play switch with my 4 year old son all the time. It’s a ton of fun.

you’ll definitely have a lot of fun with your grandkids with it.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I went ahead on purchased a Nintendo Switch due to you guys' suggestion. Even the wife is happy with it. It will be ready in about an hour at my local Best Buy, but my wife will probably pick it up Wednesday as she has clients in the town were our local Best Buy is.

JayFord

Reaction score
whichever member(s) of the little nightmares 2 team came up with the teacher villain character seriously needs a raise

she's got to be one of the best video game villains in recent memory it's not even that shes scary (she is) it's more so how creepy she is.....she legitimately freaks me out like i want to run away from her

InTheZone

Reaction score
whichever member(s) of the little nightmares 2 team came up with the teacher villain character seriously needs a raise

she's got to be one of the best video game villains in recent memory it's not even that shes scary (she is) it's more so how creepy she is.....she legitimately freaks me out like i want to run away from her
assuming you played the first one as well. If you haven't tried it look into Limbo and Inside.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead on purchased a Nintendo Switch due to you guys' suggestion. Even the wife is happy with it. It will be ready in about an hour at my local Best Buy, but my wife will probably pick it up Wednesday as she has clients in the town were our local Best Buy is.

My son and I got the Super Mario 3D plus Bowsers fury. It is a remake of a Wii U game.

it came out on 2/12.

It’s really good so far. It’s like a traditional Mario game in that you go through different levels in each “world” until you get to the castle.

The main difference is that each world is 3D as opposed to 2D. It’s likes. Blend of a traditional Mario game and Mario 64.

but it’s also cool because it’s co-op with up to 4 players. So it’s not taking turns like an old Mario game. But actually playing at the same time and helping each other overcome the obstacles and such.

Really good.

JayFord

Reaction score
so i'm watching snes drunk and saw phantom 2040 for snes and bought it and normally when i first get old snes games first thing i do is turn em on and play maybe 5 seconds to see if it's working

i played the first 2 levels.....this game is good....reminds me of contra but easier

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Ever play a game, get stuck in the first level/town because you suck, quit the game for 2 years then come back to 100% it?

Great game
Nope, fortunately I can say I have never had that experience, luckily you eventually gave Bloodborne a second chance and didn't allow that type of an experience keep you away from a great game. :D

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Nope, fortunately I can say I have never had that experience, luckily you eventually gave Bloodborne a second chance and didn't allow that type of an experience keep you away from a great game. :D
Doing that with Nioh 2 right now, got a little intimidated by all the intro stuff, but once you just start "just" fighting wo trying to get too fancy it allows you to make some progress. You will need the fancy stuff for the boss/mini boss fights (Brute form says hello), otherwise just treat it like a fast paced Souls.

Last edited:

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
ive always been in the minority when it comes to control

absolutely didn't like it,
Not even this. This blew my mind lol Well I am a bit tipsy on Cabernet. This is rocking.

PS: Just finished DOOM 2016 and it is more exciting but Control was a dif an unique game in its self and I'm glad I gave it a try. I don't play games twice. The only game I played more than once was Blaster Master

Year for Year, sprite for sprite, and bit by bit, Blaster Master was the most captivating game ever besides PacMan with out the Vegas Chip..

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
ive always been in the minority when it comes to control

absolutely didn't like it,
Not alone, liked the combat but hated navigating that building. I wandered more than anything and gave up even nearing the end of the campaign. Just became too much of a hassle and wasn't enjoying it anymore. That said, the combat was pretty fun and the story was cryptic and cool enough; just let me get to the next friggin checkpoint though smh

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Not alone, liked the combat but hated navigating that building. I wandered more than anything and gave up even nearing the end of the campaign. Just became too much of a hassle and wasn't enjoying it anymore. That said, the combat was pretty fun and the story was cryptic and cool enough; just let me get to the next friggin checkpoint though smh

Let me be honest here. I'm playing one shot with invunerability just so I can get through it faster, The same enemies time after time gets monotonous. But I love the eye candy for a few hours a night and switch to Super Mega Baseball 3. Control is my first DirectX 12 game and with Ray Tracing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
These look fantastic especially at the $99 price point. To no surprise pre-order is already sold out. I will definitely be snagging one of these when available.

They do seem amazing. And $99 is a great price for a quality headset.

My headset is 6 years old. I think it may be time to invest in new ones. Especially now that I have the series x

InTheZone

Reaction score
These look fantastic especially at the $99 price point. To no surprise pre-order is already sold out. I will definitely be snagging one of these when available.

if you haven't seen them look into SteelSeries Arctis Headsets. The floating headband design, earcups, and sound quality are top notch. All I'm saying about sound quality is if you ever used Astro headsets or anything similar you'd be surprised at how much detail you're missing out on.