The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
It is a pretty cool game but I can’t figure out how to play on a server with many other people. I am flying the solo world now. I don’t want to have to create my own server with a few, just wondering if I can join an open one that isn’t locked :confused:

I would presume{?} you could join an player hosted open server. Or host your own, leave it open and see if anyone else joins.
Found this on the Steam forums.......

"There are no dedicated community servers like ARK/Conan/Rust have. They're all player hosted worlds.

If you filter through you can find some that have the password in the name.

Look for PW, Pass, Password, and you might find some with a password in the title of the server. That's what I've done. Otherwise you'll need to have some friends to host a game"

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would presume{?} you could join an player hosted open server. Or host your own, leave it open and see if anyone else joins.
Found this on the Steam forums.......

"There are no dedicated community servers like ARK/Conan/Rust have. They're all player hosted worlds.

If you filter through you can find some that have the password in the name.

Look for PW, Pass, Password, and you might find some with a password in the title of the server. That's what I've done. Otherwise you'll need to have some friends to host a game"

Appreciate it, I’m not the best at navigating Steam, or any tech for that matter :laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Appreciate it, I’m not the best at navigating Steam, or any tech for that matter :laugh:

Just open Steam, up in the search bar top right type in Valheim or w/e game you are looking for. After you find the particular games store page on Steam, look for "Community Hub" top right. The from there you can find discussions, reviews, videos. screenshots of the game etc.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
What do you think of the Diablo 4 trailer? Looked pretty cool but not a big mmorpg but did dabble with Diablo 3.

I wasn't a fan of Diablo 3, actually refunded{physical copy, had to mail it back} after a 20 minute phone call to some yahoo at Blizzard. What's funny the game is still in my Blizzard account. Anyways it looks impressive, i think 2021 could be a very big year for Blizzard.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Thought this game was underrated like no other, never once heard it brought up any time a Mana game was mentioned when growing up. I'm glad this was announced after the other remasters because I don't think the other recent games by square were done properly (butchered the original graphics) and it appears they decided to stay true to the original this time around.

edit: Legend of Mana is my personal 2nd favorite ps1 rpg, still hoping for a Legend of Legaia 1 remaster.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Thought this game was underrated like no other, never once heard it brought up any time a Mana game was mentioned when growing up. I'm glad this was announced after the other remasters because I don't think the other recent games by square were done properly (butchered the original graphics) and it appears they decided to stay true to the original this time around.

edit: Legend of Mana is my personal 2nd favorite ps1 rpg, still hoping for a Legend of Legaia 1 remaster.

Like the art style. Dragon's Crown is a somewhat modern more side scroller but has the same vibe to it; just reminded me of that game out of the gate. Those games were too advanced for me at that age (SF/Mortal Kombat/Madden), but would play that now.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of Diablo 3, actually refunded{physical copy, had to mail it back} after a 20 minute phone call to some yahoo at Blizzard. What's funny the game is still in my Blizzard account. Anyways it looks impressive, i think 2021 could be a very big year for Blizzard.
Gotcha, I've heard the same from other Diablo players. They weren't feeling part 3, almost too colorful/WOW vibe instead of dark, well Diablo style lol

I'm looking forward to both the remake and the 4th, think I could get into these now being more into RPG elements.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Blizzard announced Diablo 2 Remastered/Resurrected today, releasing this year. Should be good.

My all time favorite game !! Man when that came out ... lol stayed up all night befor school and would do so many Diablo runs with the boys... looks like this remaster is gonna be the best one they have done so far

Daillest88

Reaction score
Most disappointed game for me ever

dsturgeon

Reaction score

I never played legend of mana, but it looks like I would have liked it. Brave fencer musashi ps1 was a good one

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Will drop this here,
Retail chain Fry's Electronics is shutting down all remaining stores | PC Gamer

A little over a year ago, we raised the question, how much longer can Fry's Electronics stay in business? The answer, as it turns out, is a little over a year.
The retail chain announced its pending closure on its website, saying it made the "difficult decision" to shutter after 36 years "as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic."
In a way, it is the end of an era, as Fry's Electronics (or just Fry's, as it's commonly referred to) was one of the last standing better-known retail electronics and PC hardware chains. Anyone remember when there were brick and mortar CompUSA stores? How about Gateway, or Circuit City? If you have anything left in your bottle, you can pour one out for Software Etc. too.

This really stinks as i prefer brick and mortar over buying online, only thing left here is basically a few mom and pop stores which tend to be way overpriced and Best Buy which sucks.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Will drop this here,

A little over a year ago, we raised the question, how much longer can Fry's Electronics stay in business? The answer, as it turns out, is a little over a year.
The retail chain announced its pending closure on its website, saying it made the "difficult decision" to shutter after 36 years "as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic."
In a way, it is the end of an era, as Fry's Electronics (or just Fry's, as it's commonly referred to) was one of the last standing better-known retail electronics and PC hardware chains. Anyone remember when there were brick and mortar CompUSA stores? How about Gateway, or Circuit City? If you have anything left in your bottle, you can pour one out for Software Etc. too.

This really stinks as i prefer brick and mortar over buying online, only thing left here is basically a few mom and pop stores which tend to be way overpriced and Best Buy which sucks.

One step closer to what has been seen in movies for years. Brick and mortar stores are going, cable and the network style television will be next

I think the 5g then 6g and everything streaming is the way it is going. Downloads, VR, glasses, headsets, projections, and so on. Phones and consoles are basically computers, and everything is getting smaller. The cloud, and everything connecting

HungryLion

Reaction score
I ordered the Xbox elite series 2 controller. And I also ordered

SCUF Elite Series 2 Paddles and upgraded thumb sticks to add onto the elite controller.

I will be picking them up on Friday from Best Buy.

I am looking to get a new headset as mine is 6 years old, is a wired one and is missing some pieces. I want to get a wireless headset next.

I know Xbox is coming out with a new headset I may get. But are there any others that folks have and recommend I take a look at?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will drop this here,

My daughter lives next door to the Fry's in Plano. Whenever I visited I would walk from her apartment once or twice to look around. Such a cool place, but it was always so empty. When I ran crews out on the west coast I loved discovering if there was a Fry's nearby because I could find so much to help get the job done.