The Video Game Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
You'll have to let us know how you like that Elite controller. I love the way the controller feels in my hand, it's got a nice weight to it, and the build feels solid. I'm just not sure about the triggers underneath and if I could bring myself to spend that much on a controller. haha

I will let you know once I get some hours in over the next week or so.

controller feels great. The buttons and triggers and joysticks are amazing.

gonna take some getting used to the paddles. I created new button mapping for red dead online and cyberpunk. So there’s gonna be an adjustment.

The hair trigger system on the triggers are nice for first person shooting. I feel like aiming and firing is a split second quicker.

it’s gonna take a while to learn to use all its functions.

I don’t even know how to mess with the “trigger curve” feature or mess with the joystick sensitivity yet.

it’s a bit overwhelming like there’s too many features. Lol

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've pretty much just gave up at this point. I peek every now and again to see if I can find any in stock but I'm not going to overexert myself doing so. I was luckily enough to get a Series X, so that quenches my gaming thirst for now, but I do still want a PS5 eventually. I'm just going to be patient about it. Does seem to be getting annoying now though anytime a console drops that it has to be this rat race to attain one.
Yeah, I don't actively go looking for it. I got notifications and I thought I would give it a try because I work from home so it's not difficult to go to a website and try. I initially had high hopes because I got the system in my cart easily, but I as soon as I clicked "checkout" there would be a slight delay and said they were out and to try again. I would try again and same thing would happen and the site even gave me options to try nearby stores; which I did, but same thing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I will keep chipping away on it and see what happens. I don't have any other online friends that are playing it, so, was hoping to roll solo. I suppose if I get stuck on it, well, is what it is. That's what happened to me on Anthem. Despite it getting hammered by people, I found myself enjoying the game quite a bit. Problem is, trying to treat it as a solo campaign didn't yield good results. There are a few mission areas that I'm not sure are possible to beat solo. lol So the game kind of went stale in my rotation.

I've pretty much just gave up at this point. I peek every now and again to see if I can find any in stock but I'm not going to overexert myself doing so. I was luckily enough to get a Series X, so that quenches my gaming thirst for now, but I do still want a PS5 eventually. I'm just going to be patient about it. Does seem to be getting annoying now though anytime a console drops that it has to be this rat race to attain one.

Division 2 has matchmaking for everything but Raids and the top difficulty level missions. So you should be able to do some matchmaking to play a lot. Which would be good.

JayFord

Reaction score
Anybody ever play The Division 2? I had Gamefly bucks that needed to be spent awhile back, couldn't figure out anything I wanted, and just threw a dart (so to speak) at The Division 2. Well, fast forward 6-8 months and I'm sitting there going through my library and realized I had the game. Totally forgot about it. Looks like it got an X/S update so I grabbed the disc and threw it in.

So far, it doesn't seem to be too bad. I'm starting to figure things out. While I don't feel it's quite as good as Ghost Recon Wildlands (that was a great game) I think it has me interested enough to keep going.

my ps4 is out of commission but i have the division 2 and amazon had it for 9 bucks when i got it....i hope it's a good game but i've heard mixed reviews on it

HotDog37

Reaction score
My daughter lives next door to the Fry's in Plano. Whenever I visited I would walk from her apartment once or twice to look around. Such a cool place, but it was always so empty. When I ran crews out on the west coast I loved discovering if there was a Fry's nearby because I could find so much to help get the job done.

Back in 2006-2013 I would to buy 10x motherboard / processor bundles at a time from there when I lived in TX from that very store along with AVADirect and Directron online building gaming PC's as as a business it's very sad that they are going out of business they were an icon for techheads like me.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Fans of looter games, make sure you try out the Outriders demo. It’s going to be fantastic. Progress carries over to the full game.

And with Remnant being free of PlayStation this month, there are no excuses not to play it. Both DLCs are also very worth it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You'll have to let us know how you like that Elite controller. I love the way the controller feels in my hand, it's got a nice weight to it, and the build feels solid. I'm just not sure about the triggers underneath and if I could bring myself to spend that much on a controller. haha

So far the controller is great.

using the paddles is taking an adjustment period.

But when playing a first person shooter. There are a few big benefits.

1. The triggers. Being able to change the sensitivity level and adjust them. Really allows for a hair trigger effect which makes aiming and firing a quicker process.

2. I have found that for a FPS. Remapping the A,X,B,Y buttons to the 4 paddles on the back. Has been very beneficial.

by doing so. It allows you to keep your thumb on the right joystick at all times. So even when I am jumping, crouching, red loading or changing weapons. It allows me to continue using the right joystick so you can stay aimed on whatever target you want to keep aiming at.

it has made it a lot easier to keep my sights locked on my target.

I really like it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So far the controller is great.

using the paddles is taking an adjustment period.

But when playing a first person shooter. There are a few big benefits.

1. The triggers. Being able to change the sensitivity level and adjust them. Really allows for a hair trigger effect which makes aiming and firing a quicker process.

2. I have found that for a FPS. Remapping the A,X,B,Y buttons to the 4 paddles on the back. Has been very beneficial.

by doing so. It allows you to keep your thumb on the right joystick at all times. So even when I am jumping, crouching, red loading or changing weapons. It allows me to continue using the right joystick so you can stay aimed on whatever target you want to keep aiming at.

it has made it a lot easier to keep my sights locked on my target.

I really like it.

Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure one will find it's way to me eventually. I really did love the way the build quality felt. I held one at my buddy's house awhile back (but unfortunately didn't get to play a game with it) and also held one they had out at Best Buy.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Fans of looter games, make sure you try out the Outriders demo. It’s going to be fantastic. Progress carries over to the full game.

And with Remnant being free of PlayStation this month, there are no excuses not to play it. Both DLCs are also very worth it.
No excuse for you! :D

Can you play Remnant solo? I think I actually bought that game but felt overwhelmed early and kind of set it to the side, etc. Starting to get into these harder type games and would be cool to have a souls game using guns.

Agree on Outriders, was surprisingly sharp looking from the youtubers I saw play some. Definitely will fill a void, need a next gen shooter right now. Plugging away on Nioh 2 but looking for something else before Resident Evil in May.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure one will find it's way to me eventually. I really did love the way the build quality felt. I held one at my buddy's house awhile back (but unfortunately didn't get to play a game with it) and also held one they had out at Best Buy.

Tell ya what. You can really feel the weight of it. Feels great. The non slip grips feel great. Comfortable.

after a long gaming session the controller doesn’t get sweaty or slippery like a normal one does to me sometimes.

changing out joysticks and parts is fantastic just used magnets.

The buttons feel more responsive than a normal controller.

It’s really nice. I was hung up on the price for a while. But man. The controller is really fantastic. No doubt about it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well gents, I have to say, I'm loving The Division 2. Glad I finally gave it a real chance. Once you kind of figure out what's going on (and the game does try to guide you through as you discover more of the game) the game really opens up and become a great open-world experience. The post-apocalyptic style map is really well done. Graphics are nice and crisp.

The third-person perspective can sometimes get frustrating in it's movements. Sometimes I'm trying to move around during a battle and I feel like I get "stuck" to the cover piece I'm hiding behind. Maybe I will get more use to how the character moves as I play more, but thus far, could use some polishing (IMO).

So far I've mostly played solo, however, I managed to "call" for help when I got downed by some enemies (just to see what happened) and a random online person showed up. He followed me around and we knocked out a couple missions together. Was pretty cool. During playing I get messages that other players are down and need help but I have yet to figure out how to join them. I don't seem to see any buttons prompted that allow me to do so.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Well gents, I have to say, I'm loving The Division 2. Glad I finally gave it a real chance. Once you kind of figure out what's going on (and the game does try to guide you through as you discover more of the game) the game really opens up and become a great open-world experience. The post-apocalyptic style map is really well done. Graphics are nice and crisp.

The third-person perspective can sometimes get frustrating in it's movements. Sometimes I'm trying to move around during a battle and I feel like I get "stuck" to the cover piece I'm hiding behind. Maybe I will get more use to how the character moves as I play more, but thus far, could use some polishing (IMO).

So far I've mostly played solo, however, I managed to "call" for help when I got downed by some enemies (just to see what happened) and a random online person showed up. He followed me around and we knocked out a couple missions together. Was pretty cool. During playing I get messages that other players are down and need help but I have yet to figure out how to join them. I don't seem to see any buttons prompted that allow me to do so.
https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/15/division-2-agent-requesting-backup/

HungryLion

Reaction score
I started playing Destiny 2 again.

I used to ply destiny from the time the original releases until about 2 years ago when I stopped.

some of my buddies have been asking me to get back into it with a lot of the new content.

so I decided to give it a go again.

Game looks incredible on the Xbox series X. The colors and worlds are so vibrant.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Played a few missions in Outriders, wasnt impressed. Any time I saw physical barriers I knew enemies were coming. Sound variety seemed average, graphics were below average for being a next gen shooter, controls were average, camera shake during cutscenes got old quick. Bland levels didnt help but there were cutscenes where the environment and things going on looked very interesting, if you play you'll know the parts I'm talking about.

There werent any free to play mechanics but the overall quality and look felt like it could be the cover to a f2p game.

I know it's just the first couple of hours and it could always improve and expand, but the blandness was very reminiscent of destiny 1 during its first couple of months.

When playing all I could think about was how division 2, destiny 2, and borderlands (all of them) brought so much more to the table. The devs never compared their game to anything else, but any time I hear looter shooter I'm going to make these comparisons.

Sure there's things that look to have potential, but we'lI have to see how it plays out with the full game and after release.