The Video Game Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
I played a decent bit of Destiny but couldn’t get into Destiny 2. I played some, but it felt like everything was just watered down from the first game somehow.

The game does have a tendency to get repetitive. Especially the PVE.

I do play a lot of crucible and Gambit though. I enjoy the PvP in destiny. Though I realize it’s style is not everyone’s cup of tea.

I am very much looking forward to the new Halo. Once that arrived I’m sure I’ll be playing that a TON

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Swing and a miss, trying to get one for a friend. 3:20 next drop

Just more heads up, keep refreshing even when it says out of stock in the first few seconds bc that's how i got one last time, said out of stock, refresh (link restored, click, repeat, etc.) Usually it's really "open" for about 2 mins before the site updates as out of stock "for good" type of thing

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Struck out again at Walmart. I clicked "I am not a robot" about 1,000 times and clicked on even more pictures. Walmart seemed to drop them every 10 minutes. Sometimes I would get "lucky" and go through the reCAPTCHA journey for about 10 minutes or so, and other times I would get multiple error codes saying they were sold out. I would refresh and try to add to my cart and get more error codes.

Adorama had some PS5 bundles available this morning for $829. It came with an extra controller, a couple of PS5 games, the HD camera, and a year's pass to PSN (I think it was that service).

I hope the people who were lucky enough to get the PS5 are actual users and not more scalpers. There is one seller on ebay who has sold 172 systems for $1400. Doing simple match of 172 * $900 markup is nearly $155k. It's no wonder they are doing it and that's just one seller, it's just too bad there are so many people desperate to get their hands on one they are willing to spend that kind of money.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Thank you sir, keeping us up to date! :) Think I'll have to try out FF7 Remake but never grew up with FF so don't know much about it. Should be interesting.
You are welcome. I know I appreciate free games and I thought others might also enjoy the infomation. :)

I also have been enjoying this gaming news show from a Canadian sketch group for over a decade...

I would have posted a CheckPoint episode here earlier, but I've been waiting for a rule compliant one. :D

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Almost have got Elite Dangerous on more than one occasion, this expansion looks very interesting. May have to get the base game on the next sale.
I like space shooters too, not really to that depth but could see getting into them if they had kind of a novice type level approach to the organization/rpg elements, etc. There is something cool about battling/shooting in spaceship/planes (dogfights?)

edit: huh, just watched the clip and they're on foot? Kind of a new layer to it

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I like space shooters too, not really to that depth but could see getting into them if they had kind of a novice type level approach to the organization/rpg elements, etc. There is something cool about battling/shooting in spaceship/planes (dogfights?)

edit: huh, just watched the clip and they're on foot? Kind of a new layer to it

Freespace was pretty awesome. Nothing like appraoching a small ship from a distance and seeing it get bigger and bigger and next thing you know you are flying around and battling inside one of its bays.

We seriously need a 2021 remake of Freespace.

Lutonio

Reaction score
An opportunity to get an Xbox Series S presented itself to me, so I picked one up. I had been wanting a ps5 after playing through the PS4 for its entire cycle, but this will be a good way to dabble in the new systems and try out game pass until some actual new generation ps5 games release and they the demand/scalping has hopefully died down.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wreckfest popped up on Gamepass so I downloaded it. I enjoy racing games so I thought I would give it a whirl. It's different! I like it! It has very unconventional racing and is a nice change of pace. Thought at first it would be a nice filler game. One I would throw on here and there when I wasn't feeling like playing anything else, but, here I am finding myself chipping away on the career mode. lol

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
An opportunity to get an Xbox Series S presented itself to me, so I picked one up. I had been wanting a ps5 after playing through the PS4 for its entire cycle, but this will be a good way to dabble in the new systems and try out game pass until some actual new generation ps5 games release and they the demand/scalping has hopefully died down.
With Microsoft buying Bethesda, wouldn't be a bad console to have handy (it's good as is but even more so) when Doom and Elder Scrolls become exclusives. Now they have "their" God of War counterpunch, etc. Gamepass is a great feature, surprised me the quality of games listed tbh..was half expecting Madden 16 and COD 3 and dated titles like that.

Last edited:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm completely clueless on the Xbox, but I'm under the impression all the games for Xbox can be played on a PC? If that is correct, and if so, what advantage is there to betting a console? I hope I'm not coming across as being "snarky", I really do want to know.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm completely clueless on the Xbox, but I'm under the impression all the games for Xbox can be played on a PC? If that is correct, and if so, what advantage is there to betting a console? I hope I'm not coming across as being "snarky", I really do want to know.

You can't quite play all of them, however, there is a growing list that are cross-platform capable. One thing I do love about Xbox is their cross-platform environment they've built/they're building. You can take an Xbox disc and stick it in any Xbox model, you can play a growing list of Xbox games on PC, and you can now stream some games from your Xbox to your phone. They've really done a fantastic job at building and shaping gaming flexibility.

There are even internet rumors going around that Xbox Game Pass could be featured on the Nintendo Switch at some point. Sounds like Microsoft and Nintendo have a good relationship . There are a few Xbox games (Ori and the Will of the Wisps is one example I know) that they've allowed Nintendo to port over to their console. I've heard you can access Xbox Live on a Switch, though I have never tried, but Game Pass would be huge! With Xbox never able to get a foothold on the gaming market in Japan, what a better way to introduce and deliver games to that market but on a Nintendo.

Sorry, that was a long-winded reply to your question. I just got rolling on my typing. :laugh:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't quite play all of them, however, there is a growing list that are cross-platform capable. One thing I do love about Xbox is their cross-platform environment they've built/they're building. You can take an Xbox disc and stick it in any Xbox model, you can play a growing list of Xbox games on PC, and you can now stream some games from your Xbox to your phone. They've really done a fantastic job at building and shaping gaming flexibility.

There are even internet rumors going around that Xbox Game Pass could be featured on the Nintendo Switch at some point. Sounds like Microsoft and Nintendo have a good relationship . There are a few Xbox games (Ori and the Will of the Wisps is one example I know) that they've allowed Nintendo to port over to their console. I've heard you can access Xbox Live on a Switch, though I have never tried, but Game Pass would be huge! With Xbox never able to get a foothold on the gaming market in Japan, what a better way to introduce and deliver games to that market but on a Nintendo.

Sorry, that was a long-winded reply to your question. I just got rolling on my typing. :laugh:
Thanks for reply. No apologies needed. It was very informative.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That would be pretty cool if it happened on the Switch. I know the gaming experience would not be as good on a Switch as it would be on a next gen console, but I think most games would still be pretty cool.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

Very nice Slammed, I was just going to say it's one step below the gaming pc's for people like me. Has the higher end graphics but easier applicability

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With Microsoft buying Bethesda, wouldn't be a bad console to have handy (it's good as is but even more so) when Doom and Elder Scrolls become exclusives. Now they have "their" God of War counterpunch, etc. Gamepass is a great feature, surprised me the quality of games listed tbh..was half expecting Madden 16 and COD 3 and dated titles like that.
Plus that price is very nice. Im going to eventually get both. Im a PS guy, but Im gonna get a Series S for Bethesda titles and exclusives.

I havent made any real efforts lately to get a console. Right now my plan is to get a PS5 for Horizon Forbidden West and an Xbox S series for Avowed. There are also rumors going around that Bethesda will do a full Starfield reveal and it will be released this year. But you know how Bethesda and rumors are

Lutonio

Reaction score

I’m actually more of the exception who never really enjoyed any of the Bethesda RPGs. I get why people like them, but I never really cared for them. I always liked the seemingly more niche games and some of the quirkier RPGs, and PlayStation had that throughout the PS4 will stuff like Helldivers and Persona 5. And it was the place to play The Last of Us multiplayer, which is some of the most fun I’ve had with gaming. Its exclusion with the sequel still has me boycotting Naughty Dog.

Xbox looks to have flipped that a lot recently with Game Pass and games on there like Deep Rock Galactic, so I’m looking forward to trying that. It will be nice to update myself on Gears of War too, though I felt betrayed by the more recent ones I tried after avidly playing Gears of War 2 and 3.

Plus that price is very nice. Im going to eventually get both. Im a PS guy, but Im gonna get a Series S for Bethesda titles and exclusives.

I havent made any real efforts lately to get a console. Right now my plan is to get a PS5 for Horizon Forbidden West and an Xbox S series for Avowed. There are also rumors going around that Bethesda will do a full Starfield reveal and it will be released this year. But you know how Bethesda and rumors are

The price without sacrificing frame rate convinced me. I was actually able to get the system and two controllers for $330. I never care much for resolution and don’t even have a 4K display. I always set my games to performance over resolution when I get the option.

I actually had the chance to get the ps5, but it was in a bundle with two games and a camera (along with some stuff like a year PSN and a controller) that I really don’t want for almost $800.

The Series S will be nice to try the new-ish stuff and finally get game pass until the craziness with ps5 dies down. The only game I would really want to play on there is Demons Souls, and I already dissembled that game and reassembled it *** forward in 2009.