The Video Game Thread

InTheZone

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like the jump from Xbone/PS4 to Series/PS5 isn't that great of a leap? Other than faster loading times from the SSD, I am not really feeling like this generation has offered much of an upgrade. Is it because of the lack of optimized games?
We're getting to a point where graphics are leveling out. If you came from base ps4 and xbox one you'll notice more of a leap. There's only so much time devs have to focus on more and more polygons, and that's fine by me. I'm glad we're finally getting 60fps/120fps, shame on any current game running at 30fps (I'll go out of my way not to buy a ps5 game that is running 30fps)

Higher framerate, more on screen effects is all I ask.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So I got my wireless Xbox headset today. First impression pulling it out of the box was the stellar design. It's a nice looking headset with a good build quality. The pairing was super simple. Just click the pair button on the headset and the console and that is it. No dongle is needed. I charged them up and then tried them out on some Call of Duty action. My buddy said he could hear me really clear and good through the mic. The gaming sound was great. Had some good surround sound to it, had good depth, plenty of loudness, and overall was great. If I did have one complaint so far it's that they are pretty heavy in the bass department. I think it could be toned down a bit. I have read that there is an Xbox app you can download (or connect it to Windows) that will allow you to adjust equalizer and other settings, but I have not tried that yet.

For the price point of $99 on these, they are absolutely fantastic. This is my first time ever having a wireless headset for gaming and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the freedom to roam between matches and continue to chat (without having to carry a control around with a dumb wire getting caught on everything). I am very pleased! :D

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
So I got my wireless Xbox headset today. First impression pulling it out of the box was the stellar design. It's a nice looking headset with a good build quality. The pairing was super simple. Just click the pair button on the headset and the console and that is it. No dongle is needed. I charged them up and then tried them out on some Call of Duty action. My buddy said he could hear me really clear and good through the mic. The gaming sound was great. Had some good surround sound to it, had good depth, plenty of loudness, and overall was great. If I did have one complaint so far it's that they are pretty heavy in the bass department. I think it could be toned down a bit. I have read that there is an Xbox app you can download (or connect it to Windows) that will allow you to adjust equalizer and other settings, but I have not tried that yet.

For the price point of $99 on these, they are absolutely fantastic. This is my first time ever having a wireless headset for gaming and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the freedom to roam between matches and continue to chat (without having to carry a control around with a dumb wire getting caught on everything). I am very pleased! :D
Need to get one too for PS. I didn't even use them last gen but going to do more MP this round. Need some lightweight types, seems when I have headsets/headphones on more than an hour I get sinus issues/headaches; early partying days ;) not so cute anymore huh smh

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Need to get one too for PS. I didn't even use them last gen but going to do more MP this round. Need some lightweight types, seems when I have headsets/headphones on more than an hour I get sinus issues/headaches; early partying days ;) not so cute anymore huh smh

:laugh: Yup, our early days have a funny way of rearing their head as you get older. Yeah I saw the PS ones as well. They also look like a nice headset. What's funny is i actually find myself wearing them more and more, even if I'm not chatting or playing a multiplayer game. It just brings you into the sound of the game. I was down in the underground utility corridor on Division 2 and I was picking up some creepy sounds in my headset. lol

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Hey who says us oldies still can't party it up. My brain, lungs, and liver are IMMORTAL haha

Speaking of,Man I'm finding Immortals Fenyx Rising to be an absolute blast and it's tripping me out under said influences. The SeriesX performance mode is on point and again as a Zelda junkie, this is Breath of The Wild on some ancient Mt. Olympus shrooms haha. You literally have to eat them for stamina. Throw it on Nightmare difficulty? Now you have Zelda mixed with Dark Souls madness on Greek Acid lol. Awesome game. The soundtrack is incredible as well.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
:laugh: Yup, our early days have a funny way of rearing their head as you get older. Yeah I saw the PS ones as well. They also look like a nice headset. What's funny is i actually find myself wearing them more and more, even if I'm not chatting or playing a multiplayer game. It just brings you into the sound of the game. I was down in the underground utility corridor on Division 2 and I was picking up some creepy sounds in my headset. lol
That's also something you gotta get used to. I used to wear some on old days Madden but when I would use it for a Resident Evil damn near crap my pants lol. I think I have Division 2 during my impulse sprees I need to check it out. Looking for a good shooter tbh

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Hey who says us oldies still can't party it up. My brain, lungs, and liver are IMMORTAL haha

Speaking of,Man I'm finding Immortals Fenyx Rising to be an absolute blast and it's tripping me out under said influences. The SeriesX performance mode is on point and again as a Zelda junkie, this is Breath of The Wild on some ancient Mt. Olympus shrooms haha. You literally have to eat them for stamina. Throw it on Nightmare difficulty? Now you have Zelda mixed with Dark Souls madness on Greek Acid lol. Awesome game. The soundtrack is incredible as well.
I started early on Immortals I need to revisit. That's been mentioned a lot in the under the radar type games. How is the combat? The story and humor does look interesting though even in the early scenes it was funny, etc. I couldn't really tell because it was intro stuff so were letting me just swing away etc

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That's also something you gotta get used to. I used to wear some on old days Madden but when I would use it for a Resident Evil damn near crap my pants lol. I think I have Division 2 during my impulse sprees I need to check it out. Looking for a good shooter tbh

It's fantastic. I've really enjoyed it, hence me going on about it the last few pages. lol :D

InTheZone

Reaction score
I started early on Immortals I need to revisit. That's been mentioned a lot in the under the radar type games. How is the combat? The story and humor does look interesting though even in the early scenes it was funny, etc. I couldn't really tell because it was intro stuff so were letting me just swing away etc
I don't know about ps4/xbox one versions, but on ps5 there's an option for performance mode - this runs the game at 60fps with less visual effects, but it still looks good. If you don't change it the game runs at 30fps and feels super clunky in terms of movement controls and combat.

I bought it at launch, didn't touch it until January I believe and did a 100% playthrough on it. I rarely 100% any game, but this was that fun.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I don't know about ps4/xbox one versions, but on ps5 there's an option for performance mode - this runs the game at 60fps with less visual effects, but it still looks good. If you don't change it the game runs at 30fps and feels super clunky in terms of movement controls and combat.

I bought it at launch, didn't touch it until January I believe and did a 100% playthrough on it. I rarely 100% any game, but this was that fun.
Yep...it is a legendary game. Especially running in performance mode. Epic stuff...

Lutonio

Reaction score
Started playing Deep Rock Galactic on Game Pass. So good and so funnyZ. Hard to explain. You play as space dwarves going into randomly generated caves and picki by then apart or building things like Minecraft. Slider/ant aliens like Starship Troopers attack, and you have to coordinate the four character classes to build and fight.

Really good.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
17FT02w.gif
:laugh:

HotDog37

Reaction score
..dude, I've been building rigs for 20 yrs and still gaming. Right now, Im playing Deux Ex-Mankind Divided and Hades. When done, I'll fire up Cyberpunk or The Outer Worlds. ;)..

I was lucky enough to get a 5900x and score an RTX 3080 it's hard to get a modern GPU now the miners have assimilated nearly all new GPU's but man does Cyberpunk look nice on my 32" 144 htz display. It also wasn't bad on my extra rig with an R5 3600/ 5700xt I still got very nice FPS @ 1080.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get a 5900x and score an RTX 3080 it's hard to get a modern GPU now the miners have assimilated nearly all new GPU's but man does Cyberpunk look nice on my 32" 144 htz display. It also wasn't bad on my extra rig with an R5 3600/ 5700xt I still got very nice FPS @ 1080.

If you don't mine me asking how much did you pay for the 3080, seriously thinking about getting a 3060 or a 3070 but they are next to impossible to find and the ones you do find are marked up tremendously.

HotDog37

Reaction score
If you don't mine me asking how much did you pay for the 3080, seriously thinking about getting a 3060 or a 3070 but they are next to impossible to find and the ones you do find are marked up tremendously.

A few weeks ago I bought a pre-built with an I7 10700k with the 3080. It was expensive yes but way under what the card alone would have cost alone not to mention not being able to get it alone without paying well in excess of 1k. I simply made sure the rig would boot and run for a few days with the card and transferred the card to the 5900x system the pre-built is now in the closet can't really sell it easy because for the build with a 750w gold PSU - Corsair case it's a gamer type system and I do have other cards but not that I'm willing to part with they are older RX 580's and a few GTX 1060's from stock I didn't build out. I may just keep it for backup parts.

HotDog37

Reaction score
When I say expensive I mean the rig was expensive, and the cost of the 3080 with the prebuilt was about $250.00 over what the MSRP for the card alone would be. So if you want a 3060 or 3070 get a prebuilt but get it like really soon because the scalpers and miners are also buying the pre-builts now and parting out the rest of the rig on ebay. You can get an RTX 3060ti with something like an I5 10400/10600k if you look around but get it soon because the cost of the RTX cards with even the pre-built rigs is going up day by day. Get it now.