The Video Game Thread

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I haven't had a gaming PC in a long time. I quit building systems years ago. But, I needed a laptop at home so I bought an Alienware. It's not top of the line or anything. 10750H, 2070 Super, 300 hz display. It'll play anything I want now so I'm pretty happy with it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That's fantastic. Moss was a really cool VR game. I'll have to snag it again just to re-play it. Also, pretty sure I saw next month that PlayStation is giving Horizon Zero Dawn for free. I will definitely be snagging that one for free. It's been awhile since I've roamed that game as I traded it in after I beat it (I have a bad habit of doing that if I own the physical copy lol).

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Days Gone is definitely worth a play if you haven't. The story stretches on but that's been the best zombie shooter I've played combat wise in a long time; Dying Light is the best zombie game in general though imp. Think Far Cry creativity with truly overwhelming hordes at times in an open world rpg. Not in that cheap shoot em all in a row type of vibe you feel either, can get real creative on how to set booby traps and lure huge hordes of zombies to be burned up, blown up, etc.

Oddworld will be cool just to have something a little different to play but never really caught on to that series.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Days Gone is definitely worth a play if you haven't. The story stretches on but that's been the best zombie shooter I've played combat wise in a long time; Dying Light is the best zombie game in general though imp. Think Far Cry creativity with truly overwhelming hordes at times in an open world rpg. Not in that cheap shoot em all in a row type of vibe you feel either, can get real creative on how to set booby traps and lure huge hordes of zombies to be burned up, blown up, etc.

Oddworld will be cool just to have something a little different to play but never really caught on to that series.

Yeah I didn't mind Days Gone. I never did end up finishing it so that's cool it's in the April games. I will snag it for a game to keep on the backburner.

Dang it! By the time I see these they're always sold out. lol

Someday I will get a PS5. :laugh:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I always enjoyed MLB The Show. Awesome to not only see that it is coming over to Xbox but that they are going to offer it on their Game Pass. Xbox keeps on making moves. :thumbup:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/2/22363801/mlb-the-show-21-xbox-game-pass-day-one

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't mind Days Gone. I never did end up finishing it so that's cool it's in the April games. I will snag it for a game to keep on the backburner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I always enjoyed MLB The Show. Awesome to not only see that it is coming over to Xbox but that they are going to offer it on their Game Pass. Xbox keeps on making moves. :thumbup:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/2/22363801/mlb-the-show-21-xbox-game-pass-day-one
My boy just got one from Sam's club, those membership places like Costco and others might start getting in on this stuff too. Smart move, that's a cool way to feel the membership gives you an "in", etc. The bundles were just two controllers vs the one and a starter game so not the extra fluff to charge you $800

Huh, about time on the Show! Glad Sony can bend on some of those games, esp like Bloodborne, let Xbox/PC try it out and make some extra coin at this point as all the Sony heads have eaten that game already but would be a new exp for Xbox fans. Feel a next gen Bloodborne being released; I'm a sucker who would buy again.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Very cool it’s going to Xbox.

I am holding out hope the final fantasy 7 remake eventually makes its way to Xbox also.

I really don’t want to buy another next gen console but that’s one of the current PS exclusives I really would like to play.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Xbox Spring sale is on.
Hey Bob, you been following the high stakes heads up duel sessions with Hellmuth vs Esfiandiari and now Hellmuth taking on Negreanu? You're the only really other card player I know on here so figured see if you saw it, etc.

It's on PokerGo.com but would need a membership, but they also have the new High Stakes Poker season 8 with Gabe Kaplan and AJ Benza (love that team) again that just had a full season so would say well worth the subscription.

Doug Polk vs Negreanu was entertaining when reviewed but that volume was too much for TV type of purposes. The Hellmuth matches have been refreshing tbh. No gto to speak of, and took down Esfiandari pretty easily in 3 consecutive matches.

He just took down Negreanu after being down 19 to 1 in chips...something about the old school, nitty, abc player coming out on top is just cool for whatever reason; esp when he is disrespected so much by fellow more aggressive peers in the High Stakes cash games.

Now I would like to see his style vs GTO pros like Polk, Koon, or a Phil Galfond and see it hold as that would be more of the modern test. But it is nice to see Hellmuth bruise the egos of those early superstar era style players who are pretty big on themselves. Esfiandari was a different person after the match, lost all his confidence and was legit shell shocked.

Go Phil Hellmuth :D

Last edited:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Hey Bob, you been following the high stakes heads up duel sessions with Hellmuth vs Esfiandiari and now Hellmuth taking on Negreanu? You're the only really other card player I know on here so figured see if you saw it, etc.

It's on PokerGo.com but would need a membership, but they also have the new High Stakes Poker season 8 with Gabe Kaplan and AJ Benza (love that team) again that just had a full season so would say well worth the subscription.

Doug Polk vs Negreanu was entertaining when reviewed but that volume was too much for TV type of purposes. The Hellmuth matches have been refreshing tbh. No gto to speak of, and took down Esfiandari pretty easily in 3 consecutive matches.

He just took down Negreanu after being down 19 to 1 in chips...something about the old school, nitty, abc player coming out on top is just cool for whatever reason; esp when he is disrespected so much by fellow more aggressive peers in the High Stakes cash games.

Now I would like to see his style vs GTO pros like Polk, Koon, or a Phil Galfond and see it hold as that would be more of the modern test. But it is nice to see Hellmuth bruise the egos of those early superstar era style players who are pretty big on themselves. Esfiandari was a different person after the match, lost all his confidence and was legit shell shocked.

Go Phil Hellmuth :D

I have a Poker Go sub. I enjoyed HSP this year. It wasn't as good as years past, but Gabe and AJ still have it. Helmuth would get crushed in a heads up cash game vs someone like Polk. A heads up sit n go is a completely different ballgame. You need to be good at various stack depths, not just 100bb. Dneg just didn't put enough study into <50bb situations. I watched some of the match, but it was awful poker.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I have a Poker Go sub. I enjoyed HSP this year. It wasn't as good as years past, but Gabe and AJ still have it. Helmuth would get crushed in a heads up cash game vs someone like Polk. A heads up sit n go is a completely different ballgame. You need to be good at various stack depths, not just 100bb. Dneg just didn't put enough study into <50bb situations. I watched some of the match, but it was awful poker.
It had a very amateur nitty home game vibe to it admittedly. I could take them on with that lack of aggression but I guess the 19 to 1 comeback was more impressed with. Great point on the the stack depth coming into play, it felt like DN couldn't just close it out and then slowly just let it slip away.

There was only really one or two big hands for a 6 hour session which is (boring) but showed the lack of aggression and small ball approach almost negating variance. You rarely saw fundamental heads up things like floating, blockers, betting scare cards, eetc. that I would've thought at least DN would employ after Polk but basically just matched PH's style and fell right into him not being able to make anything when he did finally hit.

Appr the feedback!