The Video Game Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
Got to admit i have never played a Zelda game in my life, this looks cool and i always wanted to play Breath of the Wild. May have to get a Switch just for these.

Zelda games to me have always been a great combination of RPG elements, Adventure, and puzzle solving.

if you like those types of things. I recommend you give them a try

As far as Breath of the Wild. It’s one of the best open world games ever. I loved that game man.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Zelda games to me have always been a great combination of RPG elements, Adventure, and puzzle solving.

As far as Breath of the Wild. It’s one of the best open world games ever. I loved that game man.

I love me a good RPG with all of those elements. Don't have any interest in any other Switch games but may have to get one just to play Breath of the Wild and the remake.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Anyone heard of Biomutant? It releases in 2 weeks on XBox1/PS4 and PC.
ABOUT THIS GAME
BIOMUTANT® is an open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-** fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.

A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided. Explore a world in turmoil and define its fate – will you be its saviour or lead it to an even darker destiny?

Key Features:
  • A NEW TAKE ON 3rd PERSON COMBAT
    The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations. Learning new Wung-** combat forms through progression and learning from masters you’ll meet, will constantly add to your choices and make sure combat never gets old.

• EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY
    You’ll be able to re-code your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to mutations like the Turtleform and Mucus Bubble, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations like telekinesis, levitation and more.

• NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING
    You are totally free when crafting weapons. Mix and match parts to create your own unique 1H or 2H slash and crush weapons. Revolvers, rifles and shotguns and add modifications like cork-screws and battery-powered chainsaw modules to bio-contaminated sludge vials adding to your combat arsenal. There are even characters you’ll meet that’ll craft cool stuff for you, like bionic wings, a jump-pack and even let you modify your Automaton - the scrap-toy sidekick!

• GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE
    You are totally free when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but what type of gear you wear. Equip a gas-mask and an oxygen tank for exploring the Dead Zones, thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas or protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, the choice is up to you.

• SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD
    You are free to explore the world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon or area unique mounts. Explore the dying wildland, the tunnels and bunker networks of the underworld, and find your way up the mountains or out in the archipelago. There are lots of discoveries to be made, mysteries to unravel, creatures to confront and weird characters to meet in this vibrant and colorful world.

• AN UNUSUAL STORY WITH AN UNUSUAL END
    Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down...
    You are guided through the world by a Storyteller that narrates every step of your journey, but it’s your actions and choices that’ll decide how your story of survival ends.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ABOUT THIS GAME
BIOMUTANT® is an open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-** fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.

A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided. Explore a world in turmoil and define its fate – will you be its saviour or lead it to an even darker destiny?

Key Features:
    The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations. Learning new Wung-** combat forms through progression and learning from masters you’ll meet, will constantly add to your choices and make sure combat never gets old.

• EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY
    You’ll be able to re-code your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to mutations like the Turtleform and Mucus Bubble, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations like telekinesis, levitation and more.

• NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING
    You are totally free when crafting weapons. Mix and match parts to create your own unique 1H or 2H slash and crush weapons. Revolvers, rifles and shotguns and add modifications like cork-screws and battery-powered chainsaw modules to bio-contaminated sludge vials adding to your combat arsenal. There are even characters you’ll meet that’ll craft cool stuff for you, like bionic wings, a jump-pack and even let you modify your Automaton - the scrap-toy sidekick!

• GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE
    You are totally free when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but what type of gear you wear. Equip a gas-mask and an oxygen tank for exploring the Dead Zones, thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas or protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, the choice is up to you.

You are free to explore the world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon or area unique mounts. Explore the dying wildland, the tunnels and bunker networks of the underworld, and find your way up the mountains or out in the archipelago. There are lots of discoveries to be made, mysteries to unravel, creatures to confront and weird characters to meet in this vibrant and colorful world.

Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down...
    You are guided through the world by a Storyteller that narrates every step of your journey, but it’s your actions and choices that’ll decide how your story of survival ends.

Ive been looking forward to it for a few weeks now

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
ABOUT THIS GAME

Key Features:

• EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY

• NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING

• GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE

I had forgotten about this. I definitely want to get it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
ABOUT THIS GAME

Key Features:

• EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY

• NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING

• GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE

I'm definitely going to get it.
A friend just gifted me Alien: Isolation though and I am riveted!
Playing it with headphones on is so scary!

InTheZone

Reaction score

I have it and haven't played it much, but I've always wanted to get back into it. I think what hurts the most for me is weapons breaking. Just having a constant loop of needing to find new weapons was something I wish to never see again. And another problem is that there's always some other game I'm slightly more interested at the time when I tell myself I should play this lol

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Z5i9hI9.jpg
:D

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Made the mistake of blowing out my CPU fan with the air compressor while slightly inebriated. Mind you this is something i have done hundreds of times with zero human error, this time however the fan blades slipped out of my hand and spun into the compressor shearing off 3 fan blades before i knew what happened. Had to go dig into the closet for the stock intel fan, install it then realize how cruddy they are. :laugh::lmao2:
Shoot glad the fan didn't slip out and hit "other" stuff...dicey brotha! Browned out shenanigans :D

HungryLion

Reaction score
I have it and haven't played it much, but I've always wanted to get back into it. I think what hurts the most for me is weapons breaking. Just having a constant loop of needing to find new weapons was something I wish to never see again. And another problem is that there's always some other game I'm slightly more interested at the time when I tell myself I should play this lol

I was actually the same way initially. I started playing. Played for a week or so and stopped because I was frustrated with weapons breaking.

then months later I tried again and fell in love.

The weapons breaking is one of my least favorite parts of the game. To be honest I would rather just have a few rare, hard to earn and find weapons that you keep forever, heck, even allow the weapons to wear down but have a mechanic for repairing them then.

but..... once you learn how to scavenge in breath of the wild and kill enemies without even using weapons, it gets much easier. I can’t tell you how many enemies I managed to burn to death with lighting the grass on fire, or knocked them off a cliff, etc.

I’ll also add this: once you unlock more weapon slots, later in the game, weapons breaking doesn’t matter because you have so many of them. Honestly towards the end I was constantly throwing weapons and shields and bows on the ground because I was loaded with stuff.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well my buddy I gameshare with on Xbox bought the new Resident Evil. So, it was sitting there ready to download. Fine, I will give it a try. It's too bad you all are going to miss out on seeing me scream like a girl and closing my eyes. haha

:laugh:

Other than that, kind of at a standstill on games I want to play. I keep forgetting I haven't beat Borderlands 3 yet (this seems like a long game) so I got back into that earlier today trying to remember how to play. I always forget how cool the cartoon graphics are.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Well my buddy I gameshare with on Xbox bought the new Resident Evil. So, it was sitting there ready to download. Fine, I will give it a try. It's too bad you all are going to miss out on seeing me scream like a girl and closing my eyes. haha

:laugh:

Other than that, kind of at a standstill on games I want to play. I keep forgetting I haven't beat Borderlands 3 yet (this seems like a long game) so I got back into that earlier today trying to remember how to play. I always forget how cool the cartoon graphics are.
:muttley:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Returnal is rough, but starting to see some light (just in Biome 3) but at least I have the grapple hook and understand some of the other mechanics tied into health and weapon proficiency.

Need to get past this third boss because there is save point completing Act 1...but this game has been backhanding me all over the place lol

InTheZone

Reaction score
Early this morning was the first time I switched games from returnal since that released. Had been watching a bunch of Viva la dirt league videos and saw their souls logic clips, which of course, made me want to play demon's souls. So I booted it up, had to relearn the first area and the controls, leveled up my sword and managed to beat the tower knight boss after failing so many times. Had the game since launch and couldn't beat him 6 months ago. Had to pause the game in world 2 and already managed to die once to some fat heavy hitter that likes to shoot fire at you.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Returnal is rough, but starting to see some light (just in Biome 3) but at least I have the grapple hook and understand some of the other mechanics tied into health and weapon proficiency.

Need to get past this third boss because there is save point completing Act 1...but this game has been backhanding me all over the place lol

Biome 3 was such a pain for me. Don't remember what I used on the boss but you need the right weapon/rolls for some of the enemies before. If you can get artifacts that heal on damage dealt or find a shield that is very helpful. The lobber with explosive rot works well on drones. I used to dislike that gun more than the pistol until I found the right drop.

Edit: patch is releasing tomorrow so turn off auto updates if your game is active while in rest mode.

Last edited: