The Video Game Thread

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Recently got into Fallout 76. Friend of mine got it at launch and said it wasn't great at all. Since then they have upgrade a lot. Pretty good time.
I heard enough criticism that it makes me want to take a look. I had kind of forgotten about the game and then I went back to my office after a few weeks being away and it was installed on my PC. No one will fess up to it so I'm kind of baffled as to how it got there. I even have a password that no one knows so I'm afraid to do the double click.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I heard enough criticism that it makes me want to take a look. I had kind of forgotten about the game and then I went back to my office after a few weeks being away and it was installed on my PC. No one will fess up to it so I'm kind of baffled as to how it got there. I even have a password that no one knows so I'm afraid to do the double click.

I suppose my experience is probably improved by playing with someone who drops me all sorts of high-level gear and camp items. Basically speed-grinding this thing. If you pick it up, search YouTube for "Black Powder Glitch". Absolute game changer. Turn a high-powered black powder weapon (pistol or rifle) into a semi-auto gun that doesn't require reloading.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I suppose my experience is probably improved by playing with someone who drops me all sorts of high-level gear and camp items. Basically speed-grinding this thing. If you pick it up, search YouTube for "Black Powder Glitch". Absolute game changer. Turn a high-powered black powder weapon (pistol or rifle) into a semi-auto gun that doesn't require reloading.
Awesome man. If I was a smarter person, I would always look for this kind of advice. I yam what I yam I guess.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm sure it would be fun to a degree but with the way devs treat their loyal fans makes me want to never support them. Im not one of those huge fallout fans but I do enjoy playing them. Todd will lie to your face and expect you to hand him your money regardless.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Back in 2009, during the middle of college me and my friends would play Gears of War 2. Every. Single. Night. For about four hours each time. I don’t know if I’ve ever been so sweaty at a game.

Now with the Gears Tactics rpg on game pass, it has been a blast to create a character inspired by each of the old crew and send it to everyone.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Made the mistake of blowing out my CPU fan with the air compressor while slightly inebriated. Mind you this is something i have done hundreds of times with zero human error, this time however the fan blades slipped out of my hand and spun into the compressor shearing off 3 fan blades before i knew what happened. Had to go dig into the closet for the stock intel fan, install it then realize how cruddy they are. :laugh::lmao2:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Made the mistake of blowing out my CPU fan with the air compressor while slightly inebriated. Mind you this is something i have done hundreds of times with zero human error, this time however the fan blades slipped out of my hand and spun into the compressor shearing off 3 fan blades before i knew what happened. Had to go dig into the closet for the stock intel fan, install it then realize how cruddy they are. :laugh::lmao2:
:laugh:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Any chance you filmed it?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've been stuck on MLB The Show 21. The March to October mode is kind of cool. It just takes you through a season, but instead of just playing full games, it puts you in certain situations (i.e. top of the 8th, your team is up by 1, hold the lead) or locks you into one player (you're an outfielder the whole game). It's a fun way to play through so many games. With that said though, the CPU makes me tear my hair out and swear at the screen sometimes. It seemingly always magically hits a homerun or perfect hit to score when they are down. Last night, as the game was tied in extra-innings, I was directly under a flyball and my player just dropped the ball as they run in for a score and win. Wow, how weird. I was so mad at the game. LOL!

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. The shows featuring educational short films are always my favorite. The short about marijuana with Sonny Bono was hilarious. You didn't need to be "blowing grass" to laugh.:laugh:
Remember me asking if The Mads were going to drag Mike Nelson to their Q&A?
It's happening! I need you to come up with some good questions for him. I watch with the wife so I'm not on the keyboard.
Really dig into what happened with Joel and did Kevin really get stoned during roundtable talks?
I remember. You may have a better chance at getting a question answered than me, I've been stopped on forth and goal during the last couple shows. It might be because these live streaming shows now have over a couple thousand in attendance and my questions are probably just being lost in the all-out blitz of questions they receive. It also might be because they now have someone else dedicated to collecting the questions during the show and my questions probably just aren't making it past the new quality control. I'll try to get one in next week, but I won't be surprised if I'm stopped short again. :(
@Corso did you notice there was a Q&A question tonight about "blowing grass?"
cDfvjp2.gif

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Finally completed boss 3 in returnal. Had the most optimal loadout with 3 shields and 2 revives, and a good weapon roll (first playthrough having more than 1 active shield). Played the next world and killed boss 4 on the first try. Latest area is 1/3 completed for boss 5.

Game just keeps getting better and better, definitely recommend playing this with a full surround setup or a headset, sound is amazing.