The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well gents, bad news. The Xbox isn't as fixed as I thought. :(

So, it powers up now. Hangs out idling around. Will play YouTube, Netflix, etc. As soon as I start to load a game, any game, it powers off. Hmmmm. Quick Google search tells me the Xbox will power off if it thinks it's overheating. I'm almost positive I plugged the fan back in, but, I guess I will tear into it and double check. Ugh, frustrating. I just got new carpet in the house so it's been chaos around here, which means, I will have to give it my attention later. If anybody has any suggestions I'm open ears.

InTheZone

Reaction score

So, it powers up now. Hangs out idling around. Will play YouTube, Netflix, etc. As soon as I start to load a game, any game, it powers off. Hmmmm. Quick Google search tells me the Xbox will power off if it thinks it's overheating. I'm almost positive I plugged the fan back in, but, I guess I will tear into it and double check. Ugh, frustrating. I just got new carpet in the house so it's been chaos around here, which means, I will have to give it my attention later. If anybody has any suggestions I'm open ears.
Without opening it you should be able to feel if the fan is on.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I've been playing Doom (2016 version) mostly because it's something I can get on and off without much thought to where I left off. It's loaded off the disk and I have other games I play off the disk as well. It got really annoying swapping out disks every time I wanted to play a different game. I decided to download Doom from PlayStation. What a disappointment. The graphics were horrible and a lot of the audio was missing. Is that normal for downloaded games?

Maybe it is what is and I haven't noticed it before for other games.
Maybe you downloaded Doom the old 90s game rather than the 2016 version lol

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

If you got new carpet you might have a lot of static. Be sure to discharge.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
mv965Cc.gif
:lmao:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Playing Mortal Shell right now and enjoying it. It's a Dark Souls Jr released last year, but they released an "Enhanced" version a few months back on next gen systems.

I def recommend it's a bit slower paced combat wise then Nioh/Bloodborne and more in line with the Demon/Dark Souls and made by a smaller dev team ($30/shorter campaign) but it's hitting that sweet spot after putting Returnal in timeout for awhile...that game is the devil :D

InTheZone

Reaction score
Playing Mortal Shell right now and enjoying it. It's a Dark Souls Jr released last year, but they released an "Enhanced" version a few months back on next gen systems.

I def recommend it's a bit slower paced combat wise then Nioh/Bloodborne and more in line with the Demon/Dark Souls and made by a smaller dev team ($30/shorter campaign) but it's hitting that sweet spot after putting Returnal in timeout for awhile...that game is the devil :D

I might check this out one day. On a code vein run, still need to complete demon's souls, and start all the dark souls and of course nioh lol

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I've been chit-chatting in between cooking up wings for the show.
I like that Chris found some new pre-show drive-in commercials like he promised.
The movie was filmed just a few miles from where I live.
You sound like me, I got the YouTube app loaded on the TV and I'm cooking while the pre-show is on in the background. I just loaded up my popcorn machine with peanut oil and yellow kernels. :popcorn:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Going through a box and found a ton of old Xbox games. Came across COD Black Ops 1. So many great memories playing on that one for hours. Threw it in for old time's sake last night (it was kind of late) and couldn't seem to connect to a game. Tried again this afternoon and had no issues finding games. Man, talk about a throwback! Felt so.....different. You can tell games play much smoother today. Still, was a fun revisit and nice to see some people still play on it. May have to roll some more rounds later. I was definitely rusty to the flow of it.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Going through a box and found a ton of old Xbox games. Came across COD Black Ops 1. So many great memories playing on that one for hours. Threw it in for old time's sake last night (it was kind of late) and couldn't seem to connect to a game. Tried again this afternoon and had no issues finding games. Man, talk about a throwback! Felt so.....different. You can tell games play much smoother today. Still, was a fun revisit and nice to see some people still play on it. May have to roll some more rounds later. I was definitely rusty to the flow of it.

It was a good system, it was something different. The first Halo online