The Video Game Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Got Ghost of Tsushima from Gamefly this week. I'm................not really sure how I feel about the game yet. There seems to be more cutscenes than action so far. The sword battling isn't bad, but, it doesn't really excite me either .The graphics are amazing though. The game looks really good. I think I will keep moving forward with it but I have to admit it hasn't grabbed me and pulled me in, yet anyway.
Give it a little time...the story missions were a bit slow for me starting out too. The combat can kind of be as easy or hard as you make it type of thing; still pretty easy lol. They half tell ya not to backstab people but then kind of imply you should by the skill tree arc.

I remember kind of spamming certain moves more than using all my tools type of vibe but also remembered some harder spots where I had to run off and regroup, etc.

The Jap culture stuff kind of roped me in more as I went along but the side missions involving (thieves ransacked our village) just skip unless you need $/resources; there were tons of these all over the map and were a bit misleading thinking I might miss a good side quest but became really redundant I remember.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Give it a little time...the story missions were a bit slow for me starting out too. The combat can kind of be as easy or hard as you make it type of thing; still pretty easy lol. They half tell ya not to backstab people but then kind of imply you should by the skill tree arc.

I remember kind of spamming certain moves more than using all my tools type of vibe but also remembered some harder spots where I had to run off and regroup, etc.

The Jap culture stuff kind of roped me in more as I went along but the side missions involving (thieves ransacked our village) just skip unless you need $/resources; there were tons of these all over the map and were a bit misleading thinking I might miss a good side quest but became really redundant I remember.

Good to hear. Yeah, the Gamefly reviews say the same thing as you, that the story is really good. So, I'm definitely going to give it a chance. Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Edit: Also, did they release a PS5 patch for the game? It looks absolutely outstanding on my PS4 Pro. I bet it would be jaw-dropping on newer console tech.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Good to hear. Yeah, the Gamefly reviews say the same thing as you, that the story is really good. So, I'm definitely going to give it a chance. Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Edit: Also, did they release a PS5 patch for the game? It looks absolutely outstanding on my PS4 Pro. I bet it would be jaw-dropping on newer console tech.
They're talking about a directors cut for later in the year for GOT with some DLC and a ps5 patch; guessing making it 120 fps (yikes lol)...like you said game is already visually impressive not sure what to expect with a ps5. I would run it back at a harder diff. if they did that most def.

Other rumor I'm hoping is true is the Bloodborne ps5 release...that would make fans go nuts. Make people calm down bf Elden Ring

All the Playstation talk, I need to get an Xbox bf Halo in the fall and when they start having Bethesda go exclusive; the new Doom, Wolfenstein, Fallout, Elder Scrolls would all be exclusive to microsoft which is impressive tbh...and the game pass keeps releasing games day 1! Shoot couple so far I almost bought but didn't go through with it knowing they were on gamepass; wondering how Sony feels about this..surely I'm not the only one holding off on a day 1 purchase knowing you're paying full retail while Xbox players pay nada.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Thanks Jugg, going to scoop the Plague Tales Innocence game. I remember one of the Conker games had an "A" adult rating due to the raunchy humor...I didn't even know they had that rating until I saw that game...:huh:
I’m playing Plague Tale on Game Pass over the last week. It’s fine. It’s really one that you should be playing for story (which is great) and the interesting idea of avoiding tsunamis of plague rats.

The gameplay is fairly brain dead and blind AI that you stealth pass while occasionally hitting helmetless enemies in the head with your sling, which auto locks.

It was very well received though. I bet they step it up a lot for the recently announced sequel.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think 2021 could be the year the AC franchise gets Game of the Year. Valhalla would be a very strong contender in any year

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They're talking about a directors cut for later in the year for GOT with some DLC and a ps5 patch; guessing making it 120 fps (yikes lol)...like you said game is already visually impressive not sure what to expect with a ps5. I would run it back at a harder diff. if they did that most def.

Other rumor I'm hoping is true is the Bloodborne ps5 release...that would make fans go nuts. Make people calm down bf Elden Ring

All the Playstation talk, I need to get an Xbox bf Halo in the fall and when they start having Bethesda go exclusive; the new Doom, Wolfenstein, Fallout, Elder Scrolls would all be exclusive to microsoft which is impressive tbh...and the game pass keeps releasing games day 1! Shoot couple so far I almost bought but didn't go through with it knowing they were on gamepass; wondering how Sony feels about this..surely I'm not the only one holding off on a day 1 purchase knowing you're paying full retail while Xbox players pay nada.
PS needs to counter the Bethesda purchase. Dont really know whats out there to be be had. CDPR could be had, but they only have two titles and although they have implied they are continuing The Witcher series, nothing is set in stone.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I like this but I dont think its worth getting if you already have one. I love the switch but im not getting a new one till they come out with the real next generation of switch. I think if they dont do this soon they will lose the AAA third party support.

I agree completely. If I was buying a switch for the first time. I would spend the extra 50 for the OLED.

But the OLED alone isn’t reason enough to buy another switch. Especially since a good chunk of my playing is in docked mode.

To be honest. Nintendo has never been about the graphics anyway. Their games are great even without the graphical flair. And switch games as is, still look good.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I agree completely. If I was buying a switch for the first time. I would spend the extra 50 for the OLED.

But the OLED alone isn’t reason enough to buy another switch. Especially since a good chunk of my playing is in docked mode.

To be honest. Nintendo has never been about the graphics anyway. Their games are great even without the graphical flair. And switch games as is, still look good.

Funny, I have probably used my Switch 90% of it's life as a handheld. lol Still, I'm not dropping more money to get the OLED. I'm good with this one, and as you mentioned, nobody buys a Nintendo to get great graphics. It's been a really awesome little console though, I have to admit.