The Video Game Thread

InTheZone

Reaction score
PS needs to counter the Bethesda purchase. Dont really know whats out there to be be had. CDPR could be had, but they only have two titles and although they have implied they are continuing The Witcher series, nothing is set in stone.
MS has sucked at making exclusives so they think by pulling a Disney everything will be alright. I love the convenience of digital, but literally hate everything else about it.

Less manufacturing costs, engines and tools that help speed up game development, less tv advertising for games, yet prices keep going up...and people just accept it. Just like pre-ordering to get beta access. Whatever happened to free demos and betas before preordering a game?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Outside of the U, they have been really good at giving PS or Xbox users a reason to buy. They even won the 7th Gen console war. Even the U gave you a good reason to buy, it was just not a great console.

Agreed. Nintendo has been the kings of:

1. Handheld gaming

2. Just making really cool games especially games that are great for playing with family or friends in person.

they have their own niche which doesn’t involve them trying to outdo Sony or Microsoft on pure graphical power and online gaming.

HungryLion

Reaction score
MS has sucked at making exclusives so they think by pulling a Disney everything will be alright. I love the convenience of digital, but literally hate everything else about it.

Less manufacturing costs, engines and tools that help speed up game development, less tv advertising for games, yet prices keep going up...and people just accept it. Just like pre-ordering to get beta access. Whatever happened to free demos and betas before preordering a game?

Also, Whatever happened to buying the whole game and not having to do micro transactions to unlock more content? Lol

Sony’s exclusives have been superior to Xbox for quite a few years now. So Microsoft buying some studios to compete on that front is probably the smart thing for them to do.

sucks for us fans though. I hate having to buy an additional system that costs $600 just to polar a few exclusives

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. Nintendo has been the kings of:

1. Handheld gaming

2. Just making really cool games especially games that are great for playing with family or friends in person.

they have their own niche which doesn’t involve them trying to outdo Sony or Microsoft on pure graphical power and online gaming.
Inventive conntrollers have been a huge sell point. Price point has been great for more casual gamers as well

HungryLion

Reaction score
Inventive conntrollers have been a huge sell point. Price point has been great for more casual gamers as well

Great points.

The switch really is a great deal when you think about it. $300 for a top of the line handheld system AND console at the same time.

If you are on a tight gaming budget. Ya really can’t beat it.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Great points.

The switch really is a great deal when you think about it. $300 for a top of the line handheld system AND console at the same time.

If you are on a tight gaming budget. Ya really can’t beat it.
while I agree, Nintendo's next upgrade must absolutely have a better processor. The sub-30fps games are just soo bad. I want to enjoy the next zelda and pokemon legends at 60fps, don't care if they stay at their current graphics.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I agree completely. If I was buying a switch for the first time. I would spend the extra 50 for the OLED.

But the OLED alone isn’t reason enough to buy another switch. Especially since a good chunk of my playing is in docked mode.

To be honest. Nintendo has never been about the graphics anyway. Their games are great even without the graphical flair. And switch games as is, still look good.
I agree with you also . the OLED is not a reason to upgrade but for a first time buyer its great. I just hope Nintendo keeps in mind that they have a lot of gamers that love the console for the third party games I mean the reason I got the switch was handheld Skyrim LOL.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I agree with you also . the OLED is not a reason to upgrade but for a first time buyer its great. I just hope Nintendo keeps in mind that they have a lot of gamers that love the console for the third party games I mean the reason I got the switch was handheld Skyrim LOL.
I believe it is still too expensive. It should be the same price as the current model and $100 less than ps5. Those are features that should've been there from the start. Right now it's $50 less and still has almost no storage. Yes you buy Nintendo for the games, but considering those games remain at like new prices your costs are going to end up at "current gen prices" almost immediately.

One day I hope Nintendo releases a switch cube (all the hardware packed into a tiny cube, no screen, with one hdmi output) Give us the performance we want (60 fps) and can lower the costs with no dock or screen.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I believe it is still too expensive. It should be the same price as the current model and $100 less than ps5. Those are features that should've been there from the start. Right now it's $50 less and still has almost no storage. Yes you buy Nintendo for the games, but considering those games remain at like new prices your costs are going to end up at "current gen prices" almost immediately.

One day I hope Nintendo releases a switch cube (all the hardware packed into a tiny cube, no screen, with one hdmi output) Give us the performance we want (60 fps) and can lower the costs with no dock or screen.
All the points you made are true. Nintendo has always been quirky with the way they do things. It would not surprise me if they just keep slowly revising it like the did with the DS and 3DS.

HungryLion

Reaction score
With my new setup I lost my main Switch cable somehow AND my freaking Joycons. Ugh. Im an absolute Zelda junkie so I might buy a new one but dang I also want the OLED version so I can also wait...A crossroad killer haha.

That’s bad timing for a Zelda junkie. Considering the HD remake of Skyward sword comes out Friday.

On that note. I was hoping for more Zelda remakes to drop for the 35th anniversary but idk if that’s gonna happen or not.

JayFord

Reaction score

i get retro collecting....i have a boxed Japanese copy of mario 64 for n64 that i paid like $60 and i dont tell people how to spend their own money but idc how mint condition it is or how sealed it is its not worth spending that much money on

i dont want to say its a waste of money because everyones different but this is just ehhh

JayFord

Reaction score
Fifa 22 legacy edition for the switch is honestly a slap in the face

youre releasing the same game with a roster update? no new anything?

i mean i understand your contractually obligated to release a new Fifa every year but this is getting disgusting

i cant wait until sports come together collectivly and drop EA from making their games