The Video Game Thread

John813

Reaction score
i get retro collecting....i have a boxed Japanese copy of mario 64 for n64 that i paid like $60 and i dont tell people how to spend their own money but idc how mint condition it is or how sealed it is its not worth spending that much money on

i dont want to say its a waste of money because everyones different but this is just ehhh

Has to be connected to money laundering lol.

Fifa 22 legacy edition for the switch is honestly a slap in the face

youre releasing the same game with a roster update? no new anything?

i mean i understand your contractually obligated to release a new Fifa every year but this is getting disgusting

i cant wait until sports come together collectivly and drop EA from making their games

EA is such a joke. Damn the NFL for signing that agreement with EA for exclusive rights.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

i get retro collecting....i have a boxed Japanese copy of mario 64 for n64 that i paid like $60 and i dont tell people how to spend their own money but idc how mint condition it is or how sealed it is its not worth spending that much money on

i dont want to say its a waste of money because everyones different but this is just ehhh
My god. 1.5 million for a game that isn’t even rare.

some people just have so much money they don’t know what to do with it.
I saw this on RGT 85 and couldnt believe it its Crazy !!
I couldn't agree more. Definitely ridiculous to spend $1.5 million on a game, especially one that isn't even rare. It must be nice to have that kinda money though. If I had it, I know I wouldn't be buying this.

JayFord

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. Definitely ridiculous to spend $1.5 million on a game, especially one that isn't even rare. It must be nice to have that kinda money though. If I had it, I know I wouldn't be buying this.
me either and i have a boxed japanese copy of the game that ran me about 60-80 bucks

i mean whats so special? it still plays the same

JayFord

Reaction score

What do you guys think of this? I love it! Day one purchase you can play your whole steam library on it. The devs said it does everything a pc does including mods and even Game Pass.
You can also hook to a monitor or T.V.

i like it.....but im not sure if i would buy it plus my switch and original gameboy get alot of playtime from me

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Found all my Switch stuff and am currently rocking some Skyward Sword HD. Just the nostalgic feels of a Zelda game is like none other, as it has always been my favorite of all time. I missed out on the Skyward joycons today but pre-ordered a pair coming next week. Good times my friends!

Juggernaut

Reaction score

What do you guys think of this? I love it! Day one purchase you can play your whole steam library on it. The devs said it does everything a pc does including mods and even Game Pass.

i like it.....but im not sure if i would buy it plus my switch and original gameboy get alot of playtime from me
Unfortunately I don't do much handheld gaming these days, but if I still did, I'd probably look into buying a Steam Deck. Having the capability to access and play my Steam library is already good, but also being able to use Xbox Game Pass makes it a great device. Also the Steam Deck looks like the offspring of a Nintendo Switch and a Sega Game Gear, so it's giving off some nice nostalgia vibes for me... :D

Last edited:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Looks interesting. Prices are from 400-650$. Be pretty cool to play some of the games in my Steam library from my couch on a 65 inch 4K TV.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Just picked up Immortals Feynx Rising on sale for 24 $ brand new. Pretty impressive so far, anyone else played it ?
Played about an hour and been meaning to go back. I liked the humor in the intro and combat seemed decent enough too...think the open world made me put it on pause bc wasn't ready to do another one back to back type thing.

Might have to revisit that this weekend :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

This actually looks damn impressive...my one complaint about the switch as an observer were the type of games. Tons of great ones but not really my style bc I grew up with Sega more than Nintendo.

Might let the dust settle and pick one up in time. Looks almost too good to be true...:D

maxdogg

Reaction score
Played about an hour and been meaning to go back. I liked the humor in the intro and combat seemed decent enough too...think the open world made me put it on pause bc wasn't ready to do another one back to back type thing.

Might have to revisit that this weekend :)
I also played for a couple hours but should go back I was getting frustrated with some of the platforming. I have never been great at that lol.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Did anyone play Skyward Sword HD yet?

im getting home from vacation today and I am going to download it tonight.
It's great. I got emotional just during the open titles. Motions are pretty smooth but I'm having some trouble with the diagonal slash. I ordered the special edition joycons so maybe they might work a bit better. Awesome experience so far!

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's great. I got emotional just during the open titles. Motions are pretty smooth but I'm having some trouble with the diagonal slash. I ordered the special edition joycons so maybe they might work a bit better. Awesome experience so far!

Nice man. Skyward sword is one of the few zelda games I have never beaten. So I am excited.

Yeah I have been considering buying the joy cons. They look amazing. Maybe I should just bite the bullet on them.

Lutonio

Reaction score
SteamDeck sounds good on paper, but it, too, will be swallowed by the Switch and its insatiable hunger. I’m already reading how some major titles don’t work in it because the anti cheat for the online don’t run on the Linux operating system. And how the low end models are surprisingly weak/slow with limited storage.

The Vita was a damn good system, and the money printing machine that was the 3DS was not phased in the least. If that couldn’t make a dent, I really don’t know what will.