The Video Game Thread

Daillest88

Reaction score

John813

Reaction score
Being the sucker I am, I got the trial of Madden 22.

Graphics seem exactly the same as 21 next gen. Physics seem better (2 games in). Tackling seems more realistic as well on limited playing time. For example, the CPU RB runs by D-Law and is met by a LB and while that animation is ongoing D-Law comes from behind and pulls the RB backwards-almost like a wrestling move. I've seen less defensive assist tackles where the guy from behind simply pushes the ball carrier forward.

Corners are still Ray Charles in zone coverage. Runing a cover 3, corners can be 10 yards ahead of the WR running a 9 for some reason with their heads looking away from the LOS. Haven't played with a team with 2 great corners(Miami for example) but woof, it's brutal as is playing as Dallas. I still feel like the most important position to play on defense is the LB.

Offense feels better. Momentum with the ball carrier feels more emphasized. Better animations for running the ball and so far seems more "realistic" with some hand fighting.
Can tell the difference between Zeke and Pollard. Can bounce TP out to the edge quicker and Zeke is bowling ball.
Passing game largely the same. Better foot placement by the better receivers.

The momentum slider is cool but whack at same time. Up by 35 points, LAC scores a garbage time TD and now they have almost full momentum.

Can tell the difference between the guys who can tackle and who can't. Both as user and CPU.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Being the sucker I am, I got the trial of Madden 22.

Graphics seem exactly the same as 21 next gen. Physics seem better (2 games in). Tackling seems more realistic as well on limited playing time. For example, the CPU RB runs by D-Law and is met by a LB and while that animation is ongoing D-Law comes from behind and pulls the RB backwards-almost like a wrestling move. I've seen less defensive assist tackles where the guy from behind simply pushes the ball carrier forward.

Corners are still Ray Charles in zone coverage. Runing a cover 3, corners can be 10 yards ahead of the WR running a 9 for some reason with their heads looking away from the LOS. Haven't played with a team with 2 great corners(Miami for example) but woof, it's brutal as is playing as Dallas. I still feel like the most important position to play on defense is the LB.

Offense feels better. Momentum with the ball carrier feels more emphasized. Better animations for running the ball and so far seems more "realistic" with some hand fighting.
Can tell the difference between Zeke and Pollard. Can bounce TP out to the edge quicker and Zeke is bowling ball.
Passing game largely the same. Better foot placement by the better receivers.

The momentum slider is cool but whack at same time. Up by 35 points, LAC scores a garbage time TD and now they have almost full momentum.

Can tell the difference between the guys who can tackle and who can't. Both as user and CPU.

I played it this weekend as well. Felt like more of the same to me with some tweaks here and there. I'm glad The Yard returned. I've really been enjoying that game mode lately. I thought the graphics looked a LITTLE bit crisper, but, it's hard to say. I really only played one full game so far, and, it felt like the CPU had a really weird rubber band effect. What I mean by that is that it felt like the AI built up and then just snapped! I was absolutely dominating on defense, and then naturally in the 4th quarter, I suddenly couldn't make a stop to save my life. I was up 2 scores and the CPU just went down the field with ease on their last 2 drives and tied the game. Now, I don't pretend to be good at Madden, but come on, seems a bit convenient! lol

Oh, and the soundtrack is absolutely terrible. I thought Madden 21 had some good tracks, and to be fair some grew on me, but so far what I've heard of 22 is really bad.

Being that I have the EA/Game Pass, I will probably just wait for Madden 22 to hit that (usually about half-way through it's life cycle). Until then I think Madden 21 will suffice.

John813

Reaction score
I played it this weekend as well. Felt like more of the same to me with some tweaks here and there. I'm glad The Yard returned. I've really been enjoying that game mode lately. I thought the graphics looked a LITTLE bit crisper, but, it's hard to say. I really only played one full game so far, and, it felt like the CPU had a really weird rubber band effect. What I mean by that is that it felt like the AI built up and then just snapped! I was absolutely dominating on defense, and then naturally in the 4th quarter, I suddenly couldn't make a stop to save my life. I was up 2 scores and the CPU just went down the field with ease on their last 2 drives and tied the game. Now, I don't pretend to be good at Madden, but come on, seems a bit convenient! lol

Oh, and the soundtrack is absolutely terrible. I thought Madden 21 had some good tracks, and to be fair some grew on me, but so far what I've heard of 22 is really bad.

Being that I have the EA/Game Pass, I will probably just wait for Madden 22 to hit that (usually about half-way through it's life cycle). Until then I think Madden 21 will suffice.

Yea, I've noticed that too about the 4th quarter and your team defense all of a sudden thinking the game is over. I like the concept, as for example both Brady and Herbert got more aggressive on deep passes instead of dinking and dunking down by multiple scores but it also seemed like there was more blown coverages too. I play a pretty conservative defense scheme so it wasn't like I was sending 6 and leaving guys on islands.

Tampa scored twice on me in 2 minutes to get within 7.

Soundtrack is trash. With the budget they got, this was almost like listening to high school kids mixtapes for a few of them.

Think I'll buy it for the new scouting whenever that comes out in Sept/ I like the slight changes to franchise mode with the OC/DC and new coaching skill point trees.

Also, since the NFL has gone to 17 game regular season and I'm a sucker for "accurate" franchises.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Freaking EA taking my money EVERY year with some re-hashed Madden garbage stuff with microscopic improvements and nothing in terms of real innovation. I've bought every version since 97/98, and as a complete Cowboys and NFL junkie, I get yanked in every year. And here I am once again chomping at the bit to GET IT ON. BRING IT! My best friend since middle school who sadly passed recently worshiped the Madden games like I do so I feel an obligation to buy them. Oh well...MADDEN means FOOTBALL ladies and gents!

John813

Reaction score
Freaking EA taking my money EVERY year with some re-hashed Madden garbage stuff with microscopic improvements and nothing in terms of real innovation. I've bought every version since 97/98, and as a complete Cowboys and NFL junkie, I get yanked in every year. And here I am once again chomping at the bit to GET IT ON. BRING IT! My best friend since middle school who sadly passed recently worshiped the Madden games like I do so I feel an obligation to buy them. Oh well...MADDEN means FOOTBALL ladies and gents!

Yup. How I am as well.

The past two years of the game I've played consistently through June with the franchise mode so while it's annoying on how slow they "update" it I still get my moneys worth in game play time

Juggernaut

Reaction score
If you've been waiting to buy Cyberpunk 2077 and own a PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5 or Xbox One / Xbox Series X, you can buy it for $10 at Best Buy, today only. It also comes with a free SteelBook case.
srWiRFs.jpg
PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5 link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...ation-4-playstation-5/6255151.p?skuId=6255151
Xbox One / Xbox Series X link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...box-one-xbox-series-x/6255136.p?skuId=6255136
:dance:

SlammedZero

Reaction score

I get where you're coming from 100%. I am the same way with the Call of Duty games. Every year I whine and moan about their gaming model............and then..................I end up buying the stupid game. :laugh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you've been waiting to buy Cyberpunk 2077 and own a PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5 or Xbox One / Xbox Series X, you can buy it for $10 at Best Buy, today only. It also comes with a free SteelBook case.
srWiRFs.jpg
PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5 link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...ation-4-playstation-5/6255151.p?skuId=6255151
Xbox One / Xbox Series X link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...box-one-xbox-series-x/6255136.p?skuId=6255136
:dance:
Been playing the past week. Its alot better than at launch. Id definitely recommend it for $10. For all its warts, its a very fun game

JayFord

Reaction score
So i started Marvels avengers and the first hour or so i was like yesss!!! this is sooo fun

now 4 hours later its the same thing repetitive i mean its not bad but the whole games as a service and trying to sell me stuff is really off putting

plus i dont like multiplayer defend/capture the objective missions in my single player games leave that in multiplayer

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Been playing the past week. Its alot better than at launch. Id definitely recommend it for $10. For all its warts, its a very fun game

I've been thinking about picking it up again. I basically (for some reason) just blew threw the story and didn't really do any side missions or exploration. So, I figured once they got some updates going I would revisit it.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
A nice improvement to Madden I've noticed is that it runs at 120 FPS with performance mode at 4K on the Series X. Still some goofy animations though haha. I really hope they tweak the physics for next gen because it's just the same over and over. Watching the crowd animations when CD was dancing is what we gonna expect lads!

Lutonio

Reaction score
Grabbed a PlayStation 5 yesterday. I had planned on waiting until there was more of a must-have title, but my wife’s PS4 (otherwise known as her dedicated Overwatch machine) has been acting up. It didn’t make sense to replace with with another PS4 when we’re planning to get the new console anyway.

It came with some Madden stuff I won’t be using. If anyone is interested in some Madden Points on PSN or the game itself on PS5, I’ll give you a better price than retail.

I’ll stick to my yearly hacked Tecmo Bowl Super bowl roster.

JayFord

Reaction score
Grabbed a PlayStation 5 yesterday. I had planned on waiting until there was more of a must-have title, but my wife’s PS4 (otherwise known as her dedicated Overwatch machine) has been acting up. It didn’t make sense to replace with with another PS4 when we’re planning to get the new console anyway.

It came with some Madden stuff I won’t be using. If anyone is interested in some Madden Points on PSN or the game itself on PS5, I’ll give you a better price than retail.

I’ll stick to my yearly hacked Tecmo Bowl Super bowl roster.

im still playing 2k on the dreamcast

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Been playing Hellblade with The Series X update and WOW. Truly feels like I'm playing inside a movie. IGN claims it runs better than current high end PC's. Truly magnificent graphics and a wonderful game so far. A little bit linear, but again...the Ray Tracing enhancements are incredible.