The Video Game Thread

dsturgeon

Reaction score
nah. That is basically Mario Brothers with Luigi altered to look like a cat. Reality's video is a game where an actual representation of a cat overcomes adversity just like a cat. You know. Like an actual cat with a flying computerized drone from the future, that is. :laugh:

yea, I watched the trailer.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

The premise reminds me of "Tokyo Jungle" that came out in the PS3 era where you start the game as a Chihuahua. I remember not really getting too far into it but this new game looks deeper and polished.

I'm down definitely...I always thought video game companies were missing out on that angle; playing as an animal. I like the drone element to advance the story a bit or else you would wind up with Manhunt which is the shark arcade game.

So hope this works well and can stretch into potential other games and almost create a new sub genre.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Just played Resident Evil Village. It was okay and am admittedly a little cloudy on the ending but really more the tedium of find this, backtrack there to get this item, etc. just wasn't worth it and felt long. RE2 remake was a better time fit for me personally.

Now finally going to start Dark Souls 3 and see what this whole thing is about. Totally bass ack on these, I've played all the "Souls-like" games (Nioh, Bloodborne, Demons Soul) while avoiding the actual Dark Souls game itself after being scared off in the early 360 era. Had me running back to God of War and Devil May Cry with my thumb in my mouth :D

Lutonio

Reaction score
Just played Resident Evil Village. It was okay and am admittedly a little cloudy on the ending but really more the tedium of find this, backtrack there to get this item, etc. just wasn't worth it and felt long. RE2 remake was a better time fit for me personally.

Now finally going to start Dark Souls 3 and see what this whole thing is about. Totally bass ack on these, I've played all the "Souls-like" games (Nioh, Bloodborne, Demons Soul) while avoiding the actual Dark Souls game itself after being scared off in the early 360 era. Had me running back to God of War and Devil May Cry with my thumb in my mouth :D

I really liked Resident Evil 7 if you haven’t played it. I can’t compared to 8 because I haven’t played, but it has a more classic vibe where you never feel like you have quite enough ammo. I read an interview where the director said he purposefully made 8 less scary since 7 was too intense for some people. I don’t know about too intense to finish, but it definitely had that horror vibe rather than action vibe.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I really liked Resident Evil 7 if you haven’t played it. I can’t compared to 8 because I haven’t played, but it has a more classic vibe where you never feel like you have quite enough ammo. I read an interview where the director said he purposefully made 8 less scary since 7 was too intense for some people. I don’t know about too intense to finish, but it definitely had that horror vibe rather than action vibe.

I had RE7 on my PS4 in VR. They did a fantastic job with it. Definitely changes the entire vibe of the game when you feel like you're "in the game".

Juggernaut

Reaction score
When dogs run in their sleep, it wouldn't be a Bethesda game without glitches...
VGf2PkH.gif
:D

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Anybody play The Ascent? I'm not really a fan of these types of 3rd person shooters but I am really enjoying it. It has some amazing Cyberpunk RPG elements, and honestly might be better than 2077. Free on Gamepass and can be played single player but preferably 4 player co-op. Graphics rock, soundtrack is fantastic, and there is an incredible amount of content and customization.

Praxit

Reaction score
Anybody play The Ascent? I'm not really a fan of these types of 3rd person shooters but I am really enjoying it. It has some amazing Cyberpunk RPG elements, and honestly might be better than 2077. Free on Gamepass and can be played single player but preferably 4 player co-op. Graphics rock, soundtrack is fantastic, and there is an incredible amount of content and customization.
..bought it last week on Steam. Still trying to finish some other games, before I check it out. ;)

SlammedZero

Reaction score

I played it for about 15 minutes and I was kind of having a hard time getting into it. The aiming was weird to me. Did I possibly prematurely give up on it? lol

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

On my wish list, have heard that it is more action/shooter elements than RPG elements. Looks interesting though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just finished up Far Cry New Dawn. It's the sequel to Far Cry 5. Absolutely loved it. In fact, I haven't been that glued to a game in a long time. I have been nerding out on it for the last 4-5 days. lol First time in a long time that I completed the campaign and all the side quests. Looking forward to Far Cry 6 this winter.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished up Far Cry New Dawn. It's the sequel to Far Cry 5. Absolutely loved it. In fact, I haven't been that glued to a game in a long time. I have been nerding out on it for the last 4-5 days. lol First time in a long time that I completed the campaign and all the side quests. Looking forward to Far Cry 6 this winter.
I started playing it a couple of days ago, but I've just got into it. I went ahead and bought it from Game Fly.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I'm going to actually but nope haven't played 7 yet...Village does tell you what happened at the end though (mostly) but the whole sick family angle has always been intriguing to me since Texas Chainsaw and Gen Lee Ermy did his thing. So will put it in the queue definitely

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I gave up a little early on this one, might have to revisit! I like that "nerding out" phrase :D