The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I already own the full collection and highly recommend it. It's free until Thursday.
:dance:

Have this collection already as well, and I absolutely love them. I am the kind of person that never replays game story modes (once I beat it, I feel satisfied). With that said, I have replayed Bioshock a couple times. It's such a great game and I love the storyline behind it. If somebody else is reading this that has never played the game, you need to download the collection and clear your schedule. lol

I have played those games for literally thousands of hours and not one hour of playing do I consider wasted. I have the collection but #3 just doesn't do it for me like the first two.

I didn't mind Infinite, it's actually not bad, but I do agree that it is nowhere near as great as the first two. Even though all of it is obvious fiction,
[for me an underwater city/secret civilization is a lot easier to buy than a flying city hidden in the clouds. lol

Speaking of Bioshock, I was excited to see that they were going to make a movie about the game. Well, after seeing how Hollywood butchered Halo, I'm not feeling so confident in it. The movie doesn't need to take any artistic liberties and needs to be part of the canon established in the video game series. IMO, of course. :D

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have this collection already as well, and I absolutely love them. I am the kind of person that never replays game story modes (once I beat it, I feel satisfied). With that said, I have replayed Bioshock a couple times. It's such a great game and I love the storyline behind it. If somebody else is reading this that has never played the game, you need to download the collection and clear your schedule. lol

I didn't mind Infinite, it's actually not bad, but I do agree that it is nowhere near as great as the first two. Even though all of it is obvious fiction,
[for me an underwater city/secret civilization is a lot easier to buy than a flying city hidden in the clouds. lol

Speaking of Bioshock, I was excited to see that they were going to make a movie about the game. Well, after seeing how Hollywood butchered Halo, I'm not feeling so confident in it. The movie doesn't need to take any artistic liberties and needs to be part of the canon established in the video game series. IMO, of course. :D
I think your spoiler is the main reason I wasn't as keen on it as the first two. Plus, the "ideals" of the original games were up my alley.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks, will go find 3 on Console or PC, i believe its on sale for 7$ on Steam atm but you have to install EA Origin which i am not a fan of.
3 is amazing. I think I've done 4 or 5 playthoughs since it came out. I recommend Knight Enchanter as the specializations. Very unique play style, and high damage +Survivability make it optimal for a first pkaythrough

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finished Astro's Playroom on PS5. What a fantastic and fun game. The developer behind these games is brilliant. They're so simple, yet so much fun. I really, really hope they bring Astro's Playroom to PSVR2 when that finally releases. It'd be perfect for it. I still love going back and playing Astrobots VR on my PS4 Pro from time to time. It's so incredibly well done.

On that note, I am really loving the PS5 so far. :thumbup:

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Finished Astro's Playroom on PS5. What a fantastic and fun game. The developer behind these games is brilliant. They're so simple, yet so much fun. I really, really hope they bring Astro's Playroom to PSVR2 when that finally releases. It'd be perfect for it. I still love going back and playing Astrobots VR on my PS4 Pro from time to time. It's so incredibly well done.

On that note, I am really loving the PS5 so far. :thumbup:

Heck yeah buddy! The PS5 is absolutely incredibe. Glad you snagged one man. I'm obsessed with the controller. Just snagged my fourth one lol (purple) along with 2 whites and a jet black. I think I might get the black side plates for the console itself to mix it up.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Heck yeah buddy! The PS5 is absolutely incredibe. Glad you snagged one man. I'm obsessed with the controller. Just snagged my fourth one lol (purple) along with 2 whites and a jet black. I think I might get the black side plates for the console itself to mix it up.
It's funny, my dark oak entertainment center has an all black theme going on with it. TV. Xbox Series X. Surround Sound. I surely thought the PS5 white was going to mess it up and I was going to hate it. It's not bad. Doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. lol

Me: 1
OCD: 0

:laugh:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My daughter (34 years old) visited me for a week to celebrate my birthday. She wanted me to play a video game with a story because I told her games nowadays can really suck you in. She used to watch me play games like Doom/Wolfenstein, and other FPS, but those are pretty much going from point A to point B killing things. I pulled out the Uncharted 4 game because she saw an advertisement for the Uncharted movie. I told her I had played an Uncharted game and I told her it was like playing a movie where you control the action. She was enthralled with watching me play it. She kept saying she had no idea how good a story-based game could be. It had been some months since I played it so some of the things were new to me again. Occasionally she would suggest ways to solve a puzzle and when her suggestions worked she got really stoked about it.

I gave her my PS4 when I got my PS5 and one of the first games she downloaded was Far Cry 3. It's way too ambitious for her, but I promised when I can go to Dallas and visit her I will show her the ropes and maybe suggest games she may enjoy without getting frustrated.

Ways to bond with my adult daughter. :)

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
My daughter (34 years old) visited me for a week to celebrate my birthday. She wanted me to play a video game with a story because I told her games nowadays can really suck you in. She used to watch me play games like Doom/Wolfenstein, and other FPS, but those are pretty much going from point A to point B killing things. I pulled out the Uncharted 4 game because she saw an advertisement for the Uncharted movie. I told her I had played an Uncharted game and I told her it was like playing a movie where you control the action. She was enthralled with watching me play it. She kept saying she had no idea how good a story-based game could be. It had been some months since I played it so some of the things were new to me again. Occasionally she would suggest ways to solve a puzzle and when her suggestions worked she got really stoked about it.

I gave her my PS4 when I got my PS5 and one of the first games she downloaded was Far Cry 3. It's way too ambitious for her, but I promised when I can go to Dallas and visit her I will show her the ropes and maybe suggest games she may enjoy without getting frustrated.

Ways to bond with my adult daughter. :)

That is so cool.:clap:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Been playing on the Everquerst 2 server Varsoon. It opened a few weeks ago and is the closest thing to the game in its original form 17 years ago. Plenty to do, questing, dungeons, raids one of the best crafting systems ever seen in an MMORPG.
Screenshot-2.png