The Video Game Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Tons, it will sell like water in the desert.
Was going to say this is the first game I'm getting FOMO from not having an Xbox Series X or gaming PC. I did initially confuse this with Star Citizen until seeing the video you posted and saw it's a bit more approachable and not a hardcore space sim or flight/survival sim though has some elements.

The environment looks great in the intro and also like the gunplay I got to see. I'll probably wait for one more Xbox exclus. bf buying one but this is what they need to start doing instead of it all being about gamepass; though that is very nice service I must admit with the day 1 releases.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Found this online but take it with a HUGE grain of salt. We probably wont know for sure until we get closer to release.
Starfield Minimum System Requirements
  • CPU : AMD FX-6300/ Intel Core i5 4590/4670
  • RAM : 8GB RAM
  • GPU / Video Card : GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) / AMD Radeon RX 560 (4GB)
  • Storage : 1TB HDD
  • Operating System : Windows 8.1 & Windows 10 (64-bit or later)
Starfield Recommended System Requirements
  • CPU : Intel Core i5- 10600k/ AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • RAM : 16 GB RAM
  • GPU / Video Card : GeForce RTX 2060 Super / Radeon RX 5600XT
  • Storage :1TB/2TB SATA SSD
  • Operating System : Windows 10 or later (64-bit)

Starfield High/Ultra Recommended System Requirements
  • CPU : Intel Core i7- 12600k12700k-12900k / AMD Ryzen 5800x-5900x-5800x3d
  • RAM : 16 GB RAM
  • GPU / Video Card : GeForce RTX 3060ti / Radeon R6650xt (3080 12GB and 6800xt and above for 1440p ultra)
  • Storage :1TB/2TB M.2 SSD
  • Operating System : Windows 10 or later (64-bit)

^ I edited it to something probably more realistic

Juggernaut

Reaction score
A25mulj.gif

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

Sweet!!! Need a break from Elden Ring anyway tbh...going to pick this up after work! Hopefully Donatello isn't the only good character anymore...:D

I did see the new updates and all of them have cooler abilities...even got the new characters Casey Jones with the hockey stick and Splinter. Going to be fun and saw it's getting good ratings.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Makes me wonder how many people will actually buy the game when it becomes available.
Probably wont have Skyrim of even FO4 numbers because of exclusivity and being Day 1 on Gamepass, but it will do very well even if it ends up getting bad reviews. Bethesda has a very loyal fan base. Its very unlikely to fail in terms lf meeting sales expectations, however a poor product could hurt a future TES6 release

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Makes me wonder how many people will actually buy the game when it becomes available.

Probably wont have Skyrim of even FO4 numbers because of exclusivity and being Day 1 on Gamepass, but it will do very well even if it ends up getting bad reviews. Bethesda has a very loyal fan base. Its very unlikely to fail in terms lf meeting sales expectations, however a poor product could hurt a future TES6 release
To add:

Its gonna be difficult to measure Starfield in terms of profit because of Gamepass. FO4 sold 15 million, and it wouldn't surprise me if Starfield is half of that. But there will be a huge increase in Gamepass subscriptions and likely console sale as well. Its not TES6, but there has been enough anticipation that should drive Xbox sales

SlammedZero

Reaction score

So, I ended up buying this on Thursday morning. About an hour later I realized it was a day 1 release on Xbox Game Pass. Haha Oh well, I'm fine with that. My buddy and I have the game sharing on Xbox, so with the way that is setup, any game on Game Pass I can only play on 1 Xbox. If I buy a game, I can play it on my other Xbox consoles (yes there are multiple in this house lol).

Anyway, I'm absolutely loving this game. It's fun and has some super nostalgic vibes!!! I'm totally stoked with it. It's building up even more hype for me for the Cowabunga Collection to drop later this year.

:thumbup:

Juggernaut

Reaction score

Sweet!!! Need a break from Elden Ring anyway tbh...going to pick this up after work! Hopefully Donatello isn't the only good character anymore...:D

I did see the new updates and all of them have cooler abilities...even got the new characters Casey Jones with the hockey stick and Splinter. Going to be fun and saw it's getting good ratings.
So, I ended up buying this on Thursday morning. About an hour later I realized it was a day 1 release on Xbox Game Pass. Haha Oh well, I'm fine with that. My buddy and I have the game sharing on Xbox, so with the way that is setup, any game on Game Pass I can only play on 1 Xbox. If I buy a game, I can play it on my other Xbox consoles (yes there are multiple in this house lol).

Anyway, I'm absolutely loving this game. It's fun and has some super nostalgic vibes!!! I'm totally stoked with it. It's building up even more hype for me for the Cowabunga Collection to drop later this year.

:thumbup:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge is great, @BigStar. It's pure nostalgia. Ordered a pizza Saturday night and loaded it up, I felt like a kid again when I'd grab a bite of pizza between levels of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time at the arcade. I couldn't agree more, @SlammedZero. I can't wait for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection too. :dance:

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So, I also finished and beat Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart this weekend. What an absolute gem of a game. Loved every second of it. Incredibly clever game with some of the level designs. Didn't hurt it was a great game to look at.

If anybody has a PS5, I highly recommend.