The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So, I've had some time with the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and wow, COD is back! This game is fantastic!!

Multiplayer has been fun. It has an almost Battlefield/COD meshed feel to it. So far my only complaint is I'm not sure how I feel about the maps. They seem OK. I've heard some complaints about the maps giving too many places for campers. Probably a little true, but really, there will always be campers in these online games. Just part of it's nature. Gun selection and customization seem good as do a good balance of perks. AND NO LOOT BOXES! I almost want to cry. Haha

Campaign is where this game shines. The campaign is intense, it's immersive, and wow is it gorgeous. I literally could see the detail of bark on the trees as I was walking through a foggy forest. Also, looking through a red dot sight or scope looks so real. They did great here. Just fantastic.

If you're not a multiplayer kind of person I would still highly suggest this game for the campaign. As a COD fan I am happy to report they've returned to their roots of what made them successful. I think it was needed to help resurrect some faith into this franchise.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
So, I've had some time with the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and wow, COD is back! This game is fantastic!!

Multiplayer has been fun. It has an almost Battlefield/COD meshed feel to it. So far my only complaint is I'm not sure how I feel about the maps. They seem OK. I've heard some complaints about the maps giving too many places for campers. Probably a little true, but really, there will always be campers in these online games. Just part of it's nature. Gun selection and customization seem good as do a good balance of perks. AND NO LOOT BOXES! I almost want to cry. Haha

Campaign is where this game shines. The campaign is intense, it's immersive, and wow is it gorgeous. I literally could see the detail of bark on the trees as I was walking through a foggy forest. Also, looking through a red dot sight or scope looks so real. They did great here. Just fantastic.

If you're not a multiplayer kind of person I would still highly suggest this game for the campaign. As a COD fan I am happy to report they've returned to their roots of what made them successful. I think it was needed to help resurrect some faith into this franchise
Tight dude wanted this info more specifically as a SP FPS guy. All the youtube vids look great with the facial animations/acting. Outer Worlds and COD are my next buys now. I would recommend Control too when price gets under 25. Good lookn out as usual hombre.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You won't regret the purchase, having the option to dock it or play it handheld is invaluable for dads. Has a great lineup of quality family-friendly games too, definitely geared towards a different niche than Xbox/PS4 but by no means any less fun. The Zelda, Mario, Pokemon exclusives are all top notch, and as a fan of side-scrollers it's the best system to play them on.

Thank you for the feedback. Glad to hear all this.

This is exactly what I’m hoping to fill for me. As I said I still have an Xbox one and no doubt will be buying the next Xbox when it comes out. However, I was thinking exactly what you stated. Nintendo is the best at making family friendly, kid friendly games and I was thinking the Switch would be the best system for my son to learn on.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Hj5y8Ej.gif
:facepalm:

bigdnlaca

Reaction score

If you're not a multiplayer kind of person I would still highly suggest this game for the campaign. As a COD fan I am happy to report they've returned to their roots of what made them successful. I think it was needed to help resurrect some faith into this franchise.
I dont know. Elephant footsteps, one game per lobby, horrible big maps, people in the buildings or corners with a tent, fire and marshmellows make this game almost unplayable.
Cod was always about single player shooting with some teamwork sprinkled in. This is vice versa and what makes that bad is other games can do that better.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I dont know. Elephant footsteps, one game per lobby, horrible big maps, people in the buildings or corners with a tent, fire and marshmellows make this game almost unplayable.
Cod was always about single player shooting with some teamwork sprinkled in. This is vice versa and what makes that bad is other games can do that better.

I can definitely see the complaints. I'm having fun with it so far minus a few of the above mentioned. It's different, that is for sure. Honestly I'm really mostly just a TDM fan, so I cannot speak much for other game modes, but I don't hate it. One thing that is for certain, though, is that the Call of Duty community doesn't know what they want. Either direction the franchise goes people seem to be unhappy (not a dig at you, just saying in general).