The Video Game Thread

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking open world role playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anybody tried the Call of Duty mobile game? I'm going to be honest, I was not expecting much, at all, but naturally I had to give it a whirl. I have been pleasantly surprised. It is actually quite a bit of fun. I mean, as long as you don't take it too seriously and look at it in the aspect of it being good for a quick game to load up on your phone when killing some time. But yeah, I actually kind of like it. The advertisements for their micro-transactions are quite overwhelming though, but hey, the game was free I guess.

Probably helps I'm a Call of Duty fanboy. Been playing those games since 2008.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Anybody tried the Call of Duty mobile game? I'm going to be honest, I was not expecting much, at all, but naturally I had to give it a whirl. I have been pleasantly surprised. It is actually quite a bit of fun. I mean, as long as you don't take it too seriously and look at it in the aspect of it being good for a quick game to load up on your phone when killing some time. But yeah, I actually kind of like it. The advertisements for their micro-transactions are quite overwhelming though, but hey, the game was free I guess.

Probably helps I'm a Call of Duty fanboy. Been playing those games since 2008.

Had no clue there was even a mobile COD game, the last COD game I played was Modern Warfare around 08. Excellent campaign but never tried multiplayer.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5lBfbt6.png

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a Nintendo switch.

I have an Xbox one.

But I am thinking about buying the switch due to some of the games available and the ability to use it handheld and as a home console.

My primary reason is that my son is almost 4 years old. He is starting to play basic games like the old school mario games on my RetroPie.

But in another year or two he should really take off in his ability to play games and I would like to be able to play Mario party and Mario kart and smash bros with him.

Can anybody give me a review? Is the switch worth the money?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score

I have an Xbox one.

But I am thinking about buying the switch due to some of the games available and the ability to use it handheld and as a home console.

My primary reason is that my son is almost 4 years old. He is starting to play basic games like the old school mario games on my RetroPie.

But in another year or two he should really take off in his ability to play games and I would like to be able to play Mario party and Mario kart and smash bros with him.

I had a switch until i sold it for a profit, then my wife bought one herself when she found one on sale.

If you are really using it for away, it is good. If it is for tv, buy it only if you really like the nintendo games because the other games can be purchased on the xbox one and probably would get more support.

Also, nintendo has this strategy where they space out their releases of games too far. So if you like to purchase games regularly, this isnt the console because you can only play so much mario tennis, mario kart, odyssey etc.

For your son, that is nice but maybe a 2ds or 3ds makes more sense. You can get it dirt cheap and still purchase the old mario games or get an nes or snes classic as that includes the games as well. Get the switch only if you will play it without using the tv, love their games and wont get tired quickly of the games you will buy.

Lutonio

Reaction score

I have an Xbox one.

I think the switch is fantastic and has some great games that can only be played there. Zelda is actually as good as you have probably heard it is. But if your primary reason is the potential interest of your son, I would wait and see if he continues to want to play and what he likes before making a bigger purchase.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

I have an Xbox one.

I love the Switch. Its worth it for the Zelda and Mario titles alone. The one drawback is their games almost never reduce in price. You will still pay $60 for most of the good games. But it is great to be able to take it with you. Recently had a four hour flight and it would have really sucked without the Switch.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I had a switch until i sold it for a profit, then my wife bought one herself when she found one on sale.

If you are really using it for away, it is good. If it is for tv, buy it only if you really like the nintendo games because the other games can be purchased on the xbox one and probably would get more support.

Also, nintendo has this strategy where they space out their releases of games too far. So if you like to purchase games regularly, this isnt the console because you can only play so much mario tennis, mario kart, odyssey etc.

For your son, that is nice but maybe a 2ds or 3ds makes more sense. You can get it dirt cheap and still purchase the old mario games or get an nes or snes classic as that includes the games as well. Get the switch only if you will play it without using the tv, love their games and wont get tired quickly of the games you will buy.

I actually have a raspberry pi and I am
Able to download any NES, SNES, gameboy and sega game that I want. So I have all the old
School games covered. My son has been playing The original Mario And teenage mutant ninja turtles with me.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think the switch is fantastic and has some great games that can only be played there. Zelda is actually as good as you have probably heard it is. But if your primary reason is the potential interest of your son, I would wait and see if he continues to want to play and what he likes before making a bigger purchase.
I hear you on that part

Don’t get me wrong. The switch is just as much for me as my son. I enjoy playing handheld games.
I have my Xbox one already as well.

The switch would be moreso for me to play handheld games and the family style games like super smash bros, Mario kart, etc. plus I do love Zelda games and I want to get the new Pokémon game.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I hear you on that part

Don’t get me wrong. The switch is just as much for me as my son. I enjoy playing handheld games.
I have my Xbox one already as well.

The switch would be moreso for me to play handheld games and the family style games like super smash bros, Mario kart, etc. plus I do love Zelda games and I want to get the new Pokémon game.

You won't regret the purchase, having the option to dock it or play it handheld is invaluable for dads. Has a great lineup of quality family-friendly games too, definitely geared towards a different niche than Xbox/PS4 but by no means any less fun. The Zelda, Mario, Pokemon exclusives are all top notch, and as a fan of side-scrollers it's the best system to play them on.