The Video Game Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I hope my i7-4790K and 1070 can run it at 4K, will wait for it to come out on Steam though to find out!
iu

Just messn Johnny I envy the high end gamers on the rigs it's just exp/over my head, etc.
That's cool Diablo is going to be gory "again" bc my only exposure was D3 on ps4 and agree with your cartoonish take.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
iu

Just messn Johnny I envy the high end gamers on the rigs it's just exp/over my head, etc.
That's cool Diablo is going to be gory "again" bc my only exposure was D3 on ps4 and agree with your cartoonish take.

:laugh::laugh:

My processor and video card are around 5 and 3 years old respectively. They, especially the CPU were beasts when they came out. I'd like to get 2 more years or so out of them both before I upgrade.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I don't game on my PC really, well outside a few games that don't demand much power like Simcity 4 (yes I still play and love Simcity) but I have thought about it. Only real issue I have is my platform physically limits me. I do have an i7-6700 with 32gb of ram, but I am doing this with a SFF (small form factor). Limits me like crazy with graphic cards and I'm not sure I am in the mood to move everything over to a new box. I know they have low profile cards but I'm not really sure how great they are?

HotDog37

Reaction score
Depends every now and then nvidia and it's OEM suppliers (MSI, ZOTAC, eVGA, Gigabyte etc) sometimes have decent low profile cards (for what they are) like a GTX 1050ti or the newer GTX 1650, each not requiring a power connector from your power supply they run solely on the motherboards PCIe bus and thus one of these cards can be used with a low wattage 250-300w PSU. When I say "good" it's a relative term these cards are 1080p gaming cards at the most. They are also way overpriced. They'll get you around 45-55-60 FPS with high mixed with medium settings on most new games. Not all high and definitely not ultra settings.

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-...low_profile_video_card-_-14-137-081-_-Product

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Popular Fortnite YouTuber Faze Jarvis permanently banned for using aimbot
https://www.pcgamer.com/fortnite-faze-jarvis-ban/

Fortnite YouTuber Faze Jarvis has been making Fortnite videos for over a year, accruing nearly two million subscribers in that time. But as of 3 November, Jarvis has been permanently banned from playing Fortnite for flagrant use of an aimbot in the Solos battle royale mode.

Jarvis did nothing to hide the use of cheat software, treating it as the subject of a video in which he openly states his intent to use an aimbot on an alternate account, and proceeds to cheat in a public game, eliminating players with perfect accuracy in a long montage.

The video has since been deleted on Jarvis's channel, but has been captured and preserved by Fortnite Area.

:laugh::laugh:Cant stand cheaters in gaming, watching him cry was oh so satisfying.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just posted this like 2 seconds later lol, looks impressive but Blizzard said the game isn't close to being done. Maybe they should call this 2.5.
The initial videos didn't excite me like I had hoped, but this one did.

I liked the original Diablo game and loved Diablo 2 (ran one of the top sites for it for a while) but Diablo 3 really never grabbed my attention like the second one.

I really hope they make it more of a true successor to D2 than D3 was.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The initial videos didn't excite me like I had hoped, but this one did.

I liked the original Diablo game and loved Diablo 2 (ran one of the top sites for it for a while) but Diablo 3 really never grabbed my attention like the second one.

I really hope they make it more of a true successor to D2 than D3 did.

If I am not mistaken{?}isn't there screenshots out there of what Diablo 2.5/3 was going to be that looked darker like the previous 2 and not cartoony. Apparently it was all scrapped and went into the D3 direction.
Diablo-2001.jpg

Last edited:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I am not mistaken{?}there a screenshots out there of what Diablo 2.5/3 was going to be that looked darker like the previous 2 and not cartoony. Apparently it was all scrapped and went into the D3 direction.
They likely assumed gamers wanted a less darker and more animated game because of the popularity of WoW and various MOBAs back then.

Just like Blizzard missed the mark last year by announcing a mobile Diablo game, they really seem to have lost their touch with gamers like they used to have.

Games by companies like BioWare and Blizzard were guaranteed buys for me 10+ years ago, but definitely not these days.