The Video Game Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
oJeGQug.png

a89R9X7.jpg

Good to hear there's a future for us :D
My father is 71 and his favorite pastime now that he is retired is playing games. My childhood buddies and I have a teamspeak server we used to chat on usually on Friday nights or even occasionally during the evening during the week. He comes on there all the time looking to see if we want to play games with him lol.

Currently we play The Golf Club 2019 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
My father is 71 and his favorite pastime now that he is retired is playing games. My childhood buddies and I have a teamspeak server we used to chat on usually on Friday nights or even occasionally during the evening during the week. He comes on there all the time looking to see if we want to play games with him lol.

Currently we play The Golf Club 2019 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
That's cool as hell Sam. I like his style :grin:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Think I am going to throw down some time in front of my TV this weekend. I've been too busy or side-tracked to sit down and nerd out on some video games for a couple weeks now. I think it is time. :D

Now, what to play? :laugh:
Outer Worlds has been "callin" me this week too. Keep playing online cards instead (fast fold is addictive). I agree, it is time to nerd this junt up. :thumbup:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn! That really blows!
They probably knew this all along, but wanted to milk the pre-order money as soon as possible.

The game companies are destroying their reputations when it comes to pre-orders, early access, etc.

I have never been one to pre-buy games until right before release because of all the pre-release studio closures and acquisitions, endless development cycles and disappointing game releases.

That said, I have had friends who love certain franchises that have jumped completely in on pre-orders as soon as possible saying things like, "So-and-so is behind it, so it will be good!" and "I love <insert IP here> so I don't care!", only to have them venting about it later on when the game is delayed over and over again.

Fortunately, there are way too many game options available these days, including past games you played that you know you enjoyed and can play again, to waste money and time on following and pre-purchasing maybe-one-day game releases.

InTheZone

Reaction score
They pushed back Avengers to September too. I'm okay with it, too many games release buggy and hope it's not just a cash grab game and on level with the Batman series.
they're one of the few publishers that I would trust. They did excellent work with The Witcher 3 and give you more valuable, stable content, than these other companies who are all about low quality cash grabs.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Given it's software. Pre-orders should be illegal.

For physical things, I understand because they have to be manufactured and sometimes they can sell out immediately. Software isn't like that, so company scam users into paying early so they can help finance the development, but they do it under false pretenses. Which should be illegal.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Harry Potter x Minecraft Map Looks Like A Whole New Game
https://kotaku.com/harry-potter-x-minecraft-map-looks-like-a-whole-new-gam-1840960958

Very impressive! :D

I never got into Minecraft very much but I do know what it takes to make something like this, and dayum, that is impressive. My buddy was showing my a couple videos of people making entire cities. It's insane. He tried getting me to bite but I just don't have that kind of time or dedication to build things like that. I can only imagine the hours some people sink in that game.