The Video Game Thread

HotDog37

Reaction score
Never played any of the Dungeon Siege games, may put 1 or 2 on my wishlist, Steam is going to have a lunar new year sale starting on the 23rd-27th.

Hit me up when you do if you need any pointers. DS2 is also very good but lost a bit of the feel and atmosphere of DS1 but still a great game.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Anyone play Borderlands 3?

I played Borderlands 2 religiously, and I have purchased Borderlands 3 but I haven't put much time into it. I think the game seems good, but I just don't have the time anymore to play a game that much. Definitely seems like an upgrade over the Pre-Sequel and more aligned with Borderlands 2.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I played Borderlands 2 religiously, and I have purchased Borderlands 3 but I haven't put much time into it. I think the game seems good, but I just don't have the time anymore to play a game that much. Definitely seems like an upgrade over the Pre-Sequel and more aligned with Borderlands 2.
I own the first game but did not play it that much because MMOs were taking what little time I had for gaming.

I did not get Borderlands 2, but I definitely plan to buy Borderlands 3 once I move and get a new gaming system setup.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I own the first game but did not play it that much because MMOs were taking what little time I had for gaming.

I did not get Borderlands 2, but I definitely plan to buy Borderlands 3 once I move and get a new gaming system setup.

Didn't you just move in the past couple of years? Or was that just asking where you should move?

Either way, I hate moving. I think they'll have to drag my lifeless corpse out of my current house.

HotDog37

Reaction score

I have played both. Borderlands GOTY I spent time with. Recently I have been playing Metro Exodus and replaying Dungeon Siege. After that likely back to Skyrim.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't you just move in the past couple of years? Or was that just asking where you should move?

Either way, I hate moving. I think they'll have to drag my lifeless corpse out of my current house.
I was just asking for information then, but ready and able to actually do it now.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

I have and I own it. I like it and think it is a solid game. With that said though, I never played the first two Borderlands, so, I cannot give you a comparison. From a player jumping into the franchise with a fresh perspective, I've really enjoyed my time with the game. At first I was 'meh' on the cartoon style graphics, but the more I played into the game, the more I fell in love with them. In fact, I need to jump back into the game. I got stuck on a boss section and then got sidetracked into other games. May have to do that this evening. :D

John813

Reaction score
I'm getting pumped for DOOM Eternal.
Think mainly for the "plot" of the Doom universe of games.

Been playing Doom(16) lately to get ready lol.

Takes a while to go back and forth between a "realistic" shooter like MW then go to a shoot em up game like Doom.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
What are the best and most popular games you don't like?

As massive as they are, I've never liked GTA, Skyrim, or Minecraft.

Agreed with Minecraft. Right off the top I have to go with Fortnite and Pokemon. Also World of Warcraft. Those are just the massive ones that popped in my head. So many more...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Agreed with Minecraft. Right off the top I have to go with Fortnite and Pokemon. Also World of Warcraft. Those are just the massive ones that popped in my head. So many more...

Yeah, I never got this one. The battle royale games are kind of fun because the maps are huge and you can goof off, but playing them in their intended fashion can be a nightmare.

A lot of FPS games can be ruined by a sketchy ISP. I have solid U/D speeds, but my ping isn't great and it moves quite a bit. Looking at another provider, but CenturyLink is the other option and I haven't had a good experience with them. They seem promise the moon and the stars and then fall back on the "up to" wording. They say they can get me fiber for like $60, but I just don't believe them. They've BS'd so much in the past that I've put off even trialing their "fiber" for about 6 to 9 months.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
What are the best and most popular games you don't like?

As massive as they are, I've never liked GTA, Skyrim, or Minecraft.
While I can see the appeal of GTA, I also never really got into it for some reason. As far as Skyrim, I'm not big into RPG games (most of them).

I also didn't get into/cared for Fortnite. I like some other Battle Royale games (I'm looking at you Apex Legends) but didn't like that Fortnite.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've had some kids on my caseload ask me why I don't like Fortnite. I tell them I like to play games where people don't turn into three story buildings when I start shooting them.
Tell them your daughter/nieces do with a long pause of eye contact...:D Now my sons and nephews play...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Did anybody ever play any of the Need For Speed games back in the mid 2000's when they had the Underground/Carbon series? If so, you'll appreciate this video. Thought it was well done.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
mCvjmcV.gif
:lmao2: