The Video Game Thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Anyone get or thinking of getting Warcraft 3 Reforged? I myself almost purchased it but looking at the reviews and am not impressed at all.
30.00 or 40.00 for that is basically a reskin.
Blizzard advertised parts of the game that aren't included on release.
Game stutters on high end PC's.
No online ranking system of any kind.
If you had the old W3 client in your Blizzard library it has been deleted and you have to d/l a 30 GB patch to make the version playable with the new Reforged version.
Also by reading the forums a fair amount of players have asked for a refund.
https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/

Blizzard isn't very popular right now.:muttley:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone get or thinking of getting Warcraft 3 Reforged? I myself almost purchased it but looking at the reviews and am not impressed at all.
30.00 or 40.00 for that is basically a reskin.
Blizzard advertised parts of the game that aren't included on release.
Game stutters on high end PC's.
No online ranking system of any kind.
If you had the old W3 client in your Blizzard library it has been deleted and you have to d/l a 30 GB patch to make the version playable with the new Reforged version.
Also by reading the forums a fair amount of players have asked for a refund.
https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/

Blizzard isn't very popular right now.:muttley:
Other than the first two Age of Empires and a little StarCraft, I've really never been an RTS gamer. I owned Warcraft I, II and III, but never really played them.

I have friends who loved WC3 so I was hopeful they were going to get a solid game to play again.

Personally though, I wish they had remastered/reforged Diablo II instead :D

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Other than the first two Age of Empires and a little StarCraft, I've really been an RTS gamer. I owned Warcraft I, II and III, but never really played them.

I have friends who loved WC3 so I was hopeful they were going to get a solid game to play again.

Personally though, I wish they had remastered/reforged Diablo II instead :D

A Diablo 2 remaster would have sold like hotcakes, that is if they didn't fark it up. Their track record as of late isn't very impressive.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
VValM8V.gif
:lmao:

Master22

Reaction score
Playing some Madden 20 again, trying out a CB in franchise mode. It's fun and I don't play often enough to be great at it but I've had to up the difficulty a bit because on rookie I covered too well with the help of assists and never got challenged. Still can be like that on All-Madden, I have to bait them to throw with crap coverage so I can either get a good deflection or interception... But that also means I get roasted a bit too.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just out of boredom, and change of pace, I started up Batman Arkham Asylum the other night. Forgot how epic that game is. Beat it and now I am just starting Arkham City. I'm not usually one that replays games that often but man I love the Batman games. :D

Master22

Reaction score
Just out of boredom, and change of pace, I started up Batman Arkham Asylum the other night. Forgot how epic that game is. Beat it and now I am just starting Arkham City. I'm not usually one that replays games that often but man I love the Batman games. :D

I’ve got some old games I’ll pull out the ps2 for. Loved the Suikoden series, only played 3,4 and 5 though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Funny, got into a conversation about video game technology and progression yesterday with a co-worker. He was telling me one of the first multiplayer games he played with somebody was Doom back in the 90s. Made mention of how he saw his buddy run across the screen in game and they called each other on the phone and they were just floored and excited that they were in the same game together from different PCs. haha Keeping with the Doom thing I was telling him I remember when I thought the Doom graphics were next level gaming. Just unbelievable. Now you look back, and while nostalgic, it just makes you chuckle.

Also, crazy to think that they could get Doom to work multiplayer on dial-up back then. I'm guessing the way the game was designed there had to have been extremely little bandwidth required.

maxdogg

Reaction score
Funny, got into a conversation about video game technology and progression yesterday with a co-worker. He was telling me one of the first multiplayer games he played with somebody was Doom back in the 90s. Made mention of how he saw his buddy run across the screen in game and they called each other on the phone and they were just floored and excited that they were in the same game together from different PCs. haha Keeping with the Doom thing I was telling him I remember when I thought the Doom graphics were next level gaming. Just unbelievable. Now you look back, and while nostalgic, it just makes you chuckle.

Also, crazy to think that they could get Doom to work multiplayer on dial-up back then. I'm guessing the way the game was designed there had to have been extremely little bandwidth required.
Yeah it is amazing how far games have come. I remember the first time I played Doom was on the Sega 32x and I thought it was the best game ever LOL.

Lutonio

Reaction score

This is launching on ps4 in two weeks. I've been following this game's development for a long time.

12 players of whatever team sizes compete to find a boss monster on the map to kill and claim the bounty. If you die from the AI or another player, that hunter, his traits, skills, and equipment are all gone. Mostly bolt action and old timey weapons as I think it's 1895.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The older I get the worse and worse I get at games..

I currently only have one game that I feel I can play at a decent level and that’s FIFA 20. I’m division 1 which won’t last for long, I’ll be right back to division 2 where I belong.

besides that game I suck at literally everything else I play...

Age of empires - trash
Battle field 5 - mediocre / sometimes do well
Cod black ops- average as hell

madden - realized quickly I don’t have the time to actually be competitive. It’s a potential game I could be good at if I practiced...so in other words I’ll never be good.

Racing games- trash

i suck at every game lol

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The older I get the worse and worse I get at games..

I currently only have one game that I feel I can play at a decent level and that’s FIFA 20. I’m division 1 which won’t last for long, I’ll be right back to division 2 where I belong.

besides that game I suck at literally everything else I play...

Age of empires - trash
Battle field 5 - mediocre / sometimes do well
Cod black ops- average as hell

madden - realized quickly I don’t have the time to actually be competitive. It’s a potential game I could be good at if I practiced...so in other words I’ll never be good.

Racing games- trash

i suck at every game lol
I think it's a combination of other factors more so than cognitive ability.

For example, you have several other things you can or should be doing at any given moment that as an adult you think about. It may not stop you from gaming, but it will impact how much time you spend doing it and how much time you are able or willing to spend learning how a game works or how to get better at it.

Although life has kept me too busy lately to do much gaming, even before that happened I found it hard to learn new games, even easy ones, simply because I had older games I already knew or newer versions of older games with similar controls and play styles that were much easier to get into, play and enjoy, then get out.

When you are young, you don't have a spouse and it's not like you have to see a girlfriend/boyfriend every day. You also don't have kids, organizations you help with and a full time job.

I am not saying age does not have anything to do with it, but I have known several 60+ year old gamers playing PvP FPS and RPG games that could easily handle opponents of any age.

For me, it's too easy to grab something I'm familiar with or get bogged down learning new games while constantly thinking about all of things I *should* be doing instead :D