The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have been looking for a great wireless headset as well and every so often, I will think I found the perfect one as the reviews are so positive, then I start finding negative reviews and everything gets scrambled again.

The only two gaming headsets I have bought in the last couple of years are wired and those were the HyperX Cloud II and HyperX Cloud Alpha, yet I still use my speakers instead.

Away from gaming, I love my Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless headset (microphone is horrible though), but I was fortunate enough to get an early firmware version that had great noise cancellation where future firmware updates were widely hated for greatly lowering the noise cancellation support.

Trying to find a good headset is very difficult because the quality of sound is highly subjective depending on the experience and preferences of the wearer. What sounds great to one person sounds horrible to another. Same goes for the microphones on those headsets.

In the past, you just had to buy "the expensive" brand/model to get the best wired headsets, but these days, there are sub-$100 headsets that sound better than $200+ headsets.

Well, I just noticed I wrote high instead of hi in my original post. lol I've been on a roll with typos lately
Anyway, I do that too!! I try not to get too entangled in reviews but sometimes it is hard not to. It just sucks, because no matter what, you are usually left questioning your decision. 10 people love this product and 10 people hate it. Well, now what? :eek: I have a Plantronics headset for my PC that sounds and works fantastic. I really wish I could use that but no such luck with the consoles.

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Much better looking game with "ray tracing" and lighting effect. Are they trying to start a gta online type env with everything to do or incorp a single player type thing on top of the standard mp? Looks intersting tbh
The new Xbox is going to have ray tracing (I imagine the PS5 will as well). Kind of excited to see how it changes the dynamic of the game. Stoopid gaming companies are going to get me to open my wallet again. :laugh:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
omIviir.gif

:muttley:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know most of you probably saw it but you can now embed NEWS and RUMORS searches into CZ posts which is very helpful for games ..

Example ..

#valorant

#reddeadredemption2

#minecraft

#fortnite

#apexlegends

#callofduty

#borderlands3

Obviously, more common-named games would be searched with either an existing search topic or a copied URL from a search on NAR.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score