The Video Game Thread

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent. I think I'll be right behind you. Already warned the wife about it. Lol

Unfortunately, from what I've read, there are going to be little to no backwards compatibility from the VR1 to VR2, which is a bummer. I enjoy some of those games i.e. Astrobots VR.
Yeah, no backwards compatibility is sad. It was one of a few reasons why I hesitated in preordering it. I am holding out hope the VR2 will be a huge success and it will persuade game developers to make some of their VR1 games work with the VR2.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished It Takes Two with my fiance on Sunday.

We started in April and played in spurts here or there. Probably took 17-20 hours of playtime. If I was playing with a competent partner, probably would have finished in 5 or 6 hours. Pretty easy game, but fun.
I thought about getting that game to play with my wife, but I knew it would never work as she just can't game. We occasionally play UNO and Wheel of Fortune and it drives me crazy with how slow she is plays. It takes me half a second to play my card or chose a letter. It takes her f-o-r-e-v-e-r to decide what to play and she still looks at her controller to see what button to play. Anything above that simplicity would be too much.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I thought about getting that game to play with my wife, but I knew it would never work as she just can't game. We occasionally play UNO and Wheel of Fortune and it drives me crazy with how slow she is plays. It takes me half a second to play my card or chose a letter. It takes her f-o-r-e-v-e-r to decide what to play and she still looks at her controller to see what button to play. Anything above that simplicity would be too much.
Yeah. The entire premise of the game is coming closer together with cooperation. I almost feel like the opposite was happening. If I was a super serious gamer, and didn't have a ton of patience, I'd probably hate her right now. Too many buttons, the camera confused her, and she just didn't pick up on any of the visual cues that games use. Took forever for her to just jump in a straight line, and even at the end she struggled if it involved much more than a simple double jump. I don't know how many times I'd get to a point that required both of us, and I'd look at her screen and she was half way across the level running or jumping in random directions.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, looking for something new to play. Since I've actually never played it, thinking I am going to start The Last of Us. I put Part 1 at the top of my Gamefly queue. I hear it's fantastic, so I would say it's time to find out for myself. Plus, I kind of want to dive into the game in anticipation of the Last of Us show about to drop on HBO Max.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Well, looking for something new to play. Since I've actually never played it, thinking I am going to start The Last of Us. I put Part 1 at the top of my Gamefly queue. I hear it's fantastic, so I would say it's time to find out for myself. Plus, I kind of want to dive into the game in anticipation of the Last of Us show about to drop on HBO Max.
I loved it and I think you will too. I have a buddy that was one of the lead programmers on it so I'm a little biased, but it is AAA quality.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please let us know how you like it. It's one of my favorite games of all times. I've played it multiple times. I'm one of the suckers who plays it whenever it's been upgraded. When I first played the game I thought the graphics were excellent, but I saw a YouTube video showcasing the improvements with Part 1 to the original and it was startling how much better the latest game is compared to the original.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Great game. Show has potential. Pedro Pascal & Bella Ramsey from Game of Thrones. Can't wait!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, stupid Gamefly sent me God of War: Ragnarok instead. Sometimes I don't understand their queue. Lol

Oh well. While Last of Us will have to wait, I am atleast stoked to play this new game. Loved the last one and have heard good things about this new one.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, stupid Gamefly sent me God of War: Ragnarok instead. Sometimes I don't understand their queue. Lol

Oh well. While Last of Us will have to wait, I am atleast stoked to play this new game. Loved the last one and have heard good things about this new one.
That is weird. When I rented it a couple of months ago I got it right away, and I wasn't in a hurry to get it as I had played the game multiple times in it's earlier versions. Let me know about God of War. I want to get it, but finding time is difficult for a game like that.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That is weird. When I rented it a couple of months ago I got it right away, and I wasn't in a hurry to get it as I had played the game multiple times in it's earlier versions. Let me know about God of War. I want to get it, but finding time is difficult for a game like that.
Yeah, Last of Us said it had high availability, so I am not sure what determines how they send you games in your list. Anyway, you got it! Will do.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I may have asked this a while back, but thought I would ask again now that I am getting real close to doing some forum restructuing.

I am leaning toward creating a "Gaming Zone" forum for all gaming-related discussions.

I would move this thread to that forum, but lock it. Then I would likely start moving some (maybe most, but at least some) posts from it to their own game-specific threads to jumpstart it.

As a gamer, I have always enjoyed this thread because I am looking for new games to play every so often so its great to get ideas and mini-reviews of games others are playing.

The problem is that because this is one big thread, it's easy to miss or forget about the games discussed in it and no one wants to search dozens or hundreds of thread pages just to see if a game may have been discussed.

There would be one or two rule exceptions made for the forum such as thread bumps would be allowed in it so any game discussion could be brought back to life if someone starts playing it.

What are your thoughts?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I may have asked this a while back, but thought I would ask again now that I am getting real close to doing some forum restructuing.

I am leaning toward creating a "Gaming Zone" forum for all gaming-related discussions.

I would move this thread to that forum, but lock it. Then I would likely start moving some (maybe most, but at least some) posts from it to their own game-specific threads to jumpstart it.

As a gamer, I have always enjoyed this thread because I am looking for new games to play every so often so its great to get ideas and mini-reviews of games others are playing.

The problem is that because this is one big thread, it's easy to miss or forget about every game discussed in it and no one wants to search dozens or hundreds of thread pages just to see if a game may have been discussed.

There would be one or two rule exceptions made for the forum such as thread bumps would be allowed in it so any game discussion could be brought back to life if someone starts playing it.

What are your thoughts?
Outstanding idea, maybe have some sub-forums inside of the zone for the different gaming platforms as well as different game genres, FPS, RTS, MMORPG's etc. Also something for reviews or screenshots would be an idea as well.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outstanding idea, maybe have some sub-forums inside of the zone for the different gaming platforms as well as different game genres, FPS, RTS, MMORPG's etc. Also something for reviews or screenshots would be an idea as well.
I really do not want to create subforums as those make it harder for people to find threads, but I do have a idea in mind for platforms .. :D

The rest could simply be everyone agreeing on thread title format.

For example .. Halo 3 (FPS) .. Diablo 4 (RPG) .. etc.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

The problem is that because this is one big thread, it's easy to miss or forget about the games discussed in it and no one wants to search dozens or hundreds of thread pages just to see if a game may have been discussed.

What are your thoughts?
That would be the first forum I would visit each day.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

What are your thoughts?
It would be interesting to see the traffic in there. We definitely have our regulars in this thread, but every now and again you see some random posters pop in here talking/asking about gaming.