The Video Game Thread

Pentagruel

Reaction score
I may have asked this a while back, but thought I would ask again now that I am getting real close to doing some forum restructuing.

I am leaning toward creating a "Gaming Zone" forum for all gaming-related discussions.

I would move this thread to that forum, but lock it. Then I would likely start moving some (maybe most, but at least some) posts from it to their own game-specific threads to jumpstart it.

As a gamer, I have always enjoyed this thread because I am looking for new games to play every so often so its great to get ideas and mini-reviews of games others are playing.

The problem is that because this is one big thread, it's easy to miss or forget about the games discussed in it and no one wants to search dozens or hundreds of thread pages just to see if a game may have been discussed.

There would be one or two rule exceptions made for the forum such as thread bumps would be allowed in it so any game discussion could be brought back to life if someone starts playing it.

What are your thoughts?
I am a big gamer myself and would approve of this, although maybe a mega thread can still exist (don’t know if this is a great idea but I think many less popular games get mentioned in a mega thread that would not in individual ones).

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I may have asked this a while back, but thought I would ask again now that I am getting real close to doing some forum restructuing.

I am leaning toward creating a "Gaming Zone" forum for all gaming-related discussions.

I would move this thread to that forum, but lock it. Then I would likely start moving some (maybe most, but at least some) posts from it to their own game-specific threads to jumpstart it.

As a gamer, I have always enjoyed this thread because I am looking for new games to play every so often so its great to get ideas and mini-reviews of games others are playing.

The problem is that because this is one big thread, it's easy to miss or forget about the games discussed in it and no one wants to search dozens or hundreds of thread pages just to see if a game may have been discussed.

There would be one or two rule exceptions made for the forum such as thread bumps would be allowed in it so any game discussion could be brought back to life if someone starts playing it.

What are your thoughts?
I like the idea of having a separate gaming forum. I think having different threads for types of games would be the best. I wouldn't be too interested in having threads devoted to separate gaming systems.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had preordered Switchback VR to play as soon as I received my PS5 VR2. It's been delayed a few weeks, which is a bummer. I was really looking forward to it. It's a rollercoaster horror game. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but in VR it's right up my alley. The company made a similar VR game for the PS4 and I loved it. I love all types of horror games in VR. It adds so much to the experience when done well.

RE Village will get my full attention now. :)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I had preordered Switchback VR to play as soon as I received my PS5 VR2. It's been delayed a few weeks, which is a bummer. I was really looking forward to it. It's a rollercoaster horror game. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but in VR it's right up my alley. The company made a similar VR game for the PS4 and I loved it. I love all types of horror games in VR. It adds so much to the experience when done well.

RE Village will get my full attention now. :)
Yes!! Rush of Blood. I have that game for the PSVR. It's definitely a solid game if you don't mind the horror genre. My sister was over checking out the VR one night awhile back. I threw that game in. At one point she was just looking around and stuff, and when she looked back over the her left, one of those zombie clowns appeared and she about jumped out if the VR. haha It was hilarious.

I am seeing that some PSVR1 games are going to offer free upgrades to the new headset. That's good. Two of those are Moss 1 and 2. I own both and they are absolutely great. I highly recommend.

I've been thinking about buying the NFL Pro Era game for the VR. I saw that it will offer a free upgrade as well. Kind of want to see what it's like. Maybe I can make better throws than Dak.
:muttley:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :grin:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That is weird. When I rented it a couple of months ago I got it right away, and I wasn't in a hurry to get it as I had played the game multiple times in it's earlier versions. Let me know about God of War. I want to get it, but finding time is difficult for a game like that.
Jammer, I've had some good time to dive deep into God of War. It's fantastic. I'm loving it.

:thumbup:

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I'm finally finishing up The Callisto Protocol right in time for the Dead Space remake. Callisto has its flaws but the atmosphere and brutal gore makes it enjoyable imo. Finding new ways to die in awful ways is always fun if you're a masochistic like me lol. Dead Space is one of the greatest survival horror games ever and I can't wait!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Anyone jam on Xbox - multiplayer games? I'm terrible, but like to have fun playing when I'm rehabbing to kill time.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finally beat God of War Ragnarok. Absolutely fantastic game and story. Loved it. I still have lots of side quests I could do, but I would like to get it sent back to Gamefly just to keep my rotation flowing. May have to pick it up down the road and try for 100% completion.

Last of Us is next on my list to play.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally beat God of War Ragnarok. Absolutely fantastic game and story. Loved it. I still have lots of side quests I could do, but I would like to get it sent back to Gamefly just to keep my rotation flowing. May have to pick it up down the road and try for 100% completion.

Last of Us is next on my list to play.
Good luck playing the Last of Us. Hopefully, the hype won't cloud your judgement playing the game. It truly is one of my all time favorite game. God of War Ragnarok is top of my que and I early returned a game early just to get sooner.