The Walking Dead (S5) - First half of season thread

Jenky

Reaction score
Those were the people who snatched her.

The person who has returned with Darryl isn't going to be Beth, or Carol.

It's going to be that kid that got away when he and Beth tried to escape. That's what's going to lead Rick and his group to find Beth and Carol. They're going to find out that the kid knows where Beth is and they're going to make him show them where she is.

Interesting, i'm surprised he made it that far. I didn't quite catch how Carol and Darryl separated. I either missed something or the audience hasn't been made aware of it yet.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Those were the people who snatched her.

The person who has returned with Darryl isn't going to be Beth, or Carol.

It's going to be that kid that got away when he and Beth tried to escape. That's what's going to lead Rick and his group to find Beth and Carol. They're going to find out that the kid knows where Beth is and they're going to make him show them where she is.

I get that. But the people doing the Talking Dead show seemed to be oblivious that they "snatched" Beth. They were still going by their explanation that they "saved" her being attacked. I thought it was just odd that they didn't catch the vehicles at the end. They did joke about them saveknapping her or something like that. Only the woman in the middle seemed to have a clue out of that bunch.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Interesting, i'm surprised he made it that far. I didn't quite catch how Carol and Darryl separated. I either missed something or the audience hasn't been made aware of it yet.

They haven't made us aware of it yet. They only showed that Carol is being taken into the building at the end of the last show and Beth sees her.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I get that. But the people doing the Talking Dead show seemed to be oblivious that they "snatched" Beth. They were still going by their explanation that they "saved" her being attacked. I thought it was just odd that they didn't catch the vehicles at the end. They did joke about them saveknapping her or something like that. Only the woman in the middle seemed to have a clue out of that bunch.

Oh I have no idea what they're doing on Talking Dead. I don't watch it.

The explanation during the episode seems to indicate that they saved her from a Walker fight. Given who was telling her and what Beth said about fighting a Walker and then everything going dark makes me think that they didn't save her but bashed her on the head and just took her.

Given the sick nature of that cop (If he was even really a cop to begin with) that she allowed to be killed by that Walker I wouldn't be shocked in the least if he just snatched her for no reason. It appears that's what these people at this hospital do.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how far from Atlanta Rick's group is.

Not far. Obviously Daryl and Carol got close to the hospital. And how do I know this? Because I think Noah is going to emerge out of the bushes after Daryl did.

In addition the "Cops" weren't going to roam around too far from the hospital/Atlanta picking up folks.

blindzebra

Reaction score

They kept saying saveknapped. They took her, but saved her from walkers while doing it. Beth says she was attacked by walkers and things went black.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I am thinking that Carol and Daryl saw the attempted escape and they hatched a scheme to break Beth out.

They roughed up Carol so they could "save" her while Daryl and Noah returned to the church to get more muscle to attack the hospital.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Looks like I was wrong about Beth. She still seems like a cold calculating character to me though - particularly with how she manipulated the officer and had him killed.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Not far. Obviously Daryl and Carol got close to the hospital. And how do I know this? Because I think Noah is going to emerge out of the bushes after Daryl did.

In addition the "Cops" weren't going to roam around too far from the hospital/Atlanta picking up folks.

This makes sense.

Lodeus

Reaction score
E8Q8B39.jpg

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Another character development episode. Interesting to see Abraham's backstory because they never went in depth like that in the comics. Having said that, it is hard to have two straight episodes to set up what is ahead after two of the first three episodes this season were so off the wall awesome.

Smith22

Reaction score
A bit slow, but it was good to learn a bit more about Abraham.

I never read the comics, but I suspected something was up with Eugene a long time ago.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It was nice to learn about Abraham but the Eugene reveal was just thrown in and felt very anti-climatic to me. It was like they just threw it in to throw it in right there. I don't know. Just sort of ehhh for me there.

Now next week we're going to have a 3rd straight episode to put us back to where the last episode was with the entire group? Good Lord.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another character development episode. Interesting to see Abraham's backstory because they never went in depth like that in the comics. Having said that, it is hard to have two straight episodes to set up what is ahead after two of the first three episodes this season were so off the wall awesome.

And it will be 3 straight "bottle" episodes before we start having some larger group action.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was nice to learn about Abraham but the Eugene reveal was just thrown in and felt very anti-climatic to me. It was like they just threw it in to throw it in right there. I don't know. Just sort of ehhh for me there.

Now next week we're going to have a 3rd straight episode to put us back to where the last episode was with the entire group? Good Lord.

Yep, I thought the Eugene "reveal" wouldn't happen until the groups merged (again). I surprised that it happened so soon.

The series doesn't handle the mini-group episodes very well. And now they've had two back-to-back that didn't feature our original core group– outside of Glenn and Maggie and they've been bit-parts.

Angus12

Reaction score
Another character development episode. Interesting to see Abraham's backstory because they never went in depth like that in the comics.
Yeah, they did. That's the exact story told in the comics. Abraham came back from a run to find his wife and kids being attacked by members of their group. He brutally killed them all because of it, and the brutality of it scared his wife and kids, making them afraid of him. Then then snuck off on their own, only to be killed by walkers. Abe was about to kill himself after he found them, when he found a 'mission' to occupy him and give him a reason to keep living. Enter... Eugene. And that's why he's taking it so hard, finding out Eugene is a fraud.

Last edited: