"The Walking Dead" Season 4– Episodes 9-16...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would think the further north the survivors went the greater the chance of finding other groups. Even though civilization has fallen apart there would have been some folks that figured out that frozen zombies don't move and those areas of the world are going to be much more easily defended.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I would think the further north the survivors went the greater the chance of finding other groups. Even though civilization has fallen apart there would have been some folks that figured out that frozen zombies don't move and those areas of the world are going to be much more easily defended.

But without power heat becomes an issue. As does food. Illness also would be greater in a cold climate.

So you couldn't go full arctic you'd basically become squirrels storing food for winter and building fires. And then you'd have a few months of thawed zombies to deal with lol.

Phoenix

Reaction score
They should head to Detroit. I mean nobody lives there anymore, right?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But without power heat becomes an issue. As does food. Illness also would be greater in a cold climate.

So you couldn't go full arctic you'd basically become squirrels storing food for winter and building fires. And then you'd have a few months of thawed zombies to deal with lol.

I guess I'm going to have to teach you about using wood for fire. :D

No, a non-wooded area wouldn't be a good choice obviously.

And it wouldn't even need to be below freezing year-around. But if it were a real winter for a few months a year, you would have unfettered access to scavenging. Not too mention the undead would be immobilized and easily/safely dispatched if one wanted to cleanse their area of zombies.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Yeah I could see that being the case.

I just think some people are expecting way to much from a zombie tv show based off of a zombie comic that the writer of openly admits is basically Rick's story, more than it's a story about a post zombie world.

Phoenix

Reaction score
So I just read the first part of the 2nd Graphic Novel Compendium of this up through about where we are currently through this past episode, and the show this past week was pretty freaking amazingly spot on with the actual story. I forget now what it was that Carl found but it wasn't pudding...that was a nice little improvement :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SPOILER-For those that haven't watched episode #9.

Anyone else confused on the Michonne flashback? At least initially I was. I thought it was a commercial! LOL!

By the time I figured out that it was a Michonne flashback, the whole thing was much less meaningful to me.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Anyone else confused on the Michonne flashback? At least initially I was. I thought it was a commercial! LOL!

By the time I figured out that it was a Michonne flashback, the whole thing was much less meaningful to me.

I thought it was a commercial too and was forwarding past it.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Yep, I was also fast forwarding through that part, then thought, hey, isn't that Michonne...?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, I was also fast forwarding through that part, then thought, hey, isn't that Michonne...?

LOL!

I'm sitting there watching it and I thought... OK they're going to start talking about life insurance or Internet service providers or something... But yeah, then I thought, hey that's Michonne. By that point the whole flashback experience was kinda lost on me.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The sequence was part of her coming back to reality...or not coming back to the living.

It started all Leave it to Beaver. And then you notice that the friend is bleeding and getting less friendly. The view from the window turned from normal to destroyed. It was symbolic of her hope dying again.

funkytown

Reaction score
The whole Michonne flash back thing lost me too. But I understand why they did it, and what it symbolizes.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

i thought the same thing at first. i was like "why is she in a commercial?" and like you, when it dawned on me i was like "hurry up and get back to the show".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Episode 10 – Shown 2-16-14.

Very good episode.

Stronger than last week's IMO.

Some lingering questions were answered.

Built on the little bit of the positive we ended with last week.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It was definitely better but it's still just moving so slooooow.

They are really trying to kill time on these episodes just to make the series long.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!!! STOP NOW IF NOT SEEN IT YET.

i'm damn glad they focused on more than 3 people. that was annoying to me. that said, this show killed it. they're putting some pieces back together and also building on future story lines w/carol coming back. we know judith is around and we know the young girl may want to kill the baby for giving away their position. last time i was that was hawkeye in korea. :)

in all, great show and finally doing something with the foundations they've spent so much time on.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!!! STOP NOW IF NOT SEEN IT YET.

i'm damn glad they focused on more than 3 people. that was annoying to me. that said, this show killed it. they're putting some pieces back together and also building on future story lines w/carol coming back. we know judith is around and we know the young girl may want to kill the baby for giving away their position. last time i was that was hawkeye in korea. :)

in all, great show and finally doing something with the foundations they've spent so much time on.

I don't think that was the girl's real motivation.