"The Walking Dead" Season 6 - Episodes 1-8

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You complain about lack of progression of the plot and then call a preview that is full of progression of the plot, irrelevant. Contradict yourself much? You say the only threat was being cause by Ron and his brother being stupid but they didn't cause Diane's walker bit... so you are wrong again.

Your complaint that the whole episode could have been done in 10 minutes is extremely nit picky. That's true with everything on TV. Have you watched TV at all? You can get summaries of entire movies on youtube in just 2 minutes.

The preview is not part of the episode! This isn't complicated. That's like saying a trailer for The Force Awakens makes Episode 1 not suck.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
This season will end up being a little like season two as far as pacing, but the difference will be that there is a purpose. Just based on the comics, there is a lot of things that need to be introduced, including establishing Rick as the leader of the Alexandria Community (happening now) in order to do the Negan storyline. If they do the story justice, then next season should be epic.

Should be a few good episodes in the second half, but there will also be some that build up the Negan storyline. Just a warning for those that don't like that type of stuff.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The preview is not part of the episode! This isn't complicated. That's like saying a trailer for The Force Awakens makes Episode 1 not suck.

It's part of the story told before the mid-season break... a progression of the plot. At least we agree this isn't complicated but you still insist on making it so. Your comparison with Stars Wars is pitiful.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's part of the story told before the mid-season break... a progression of the plot. At least we agree this isn't complicated but you still insist on making it so. Your comparison with Stars Wars is pitiful.

My comparison is apt. A preview is a preview. It is not a part of the episode in question. Any suggestion that it is a part of the episode being discussed is preposterous. Not everyone saw the preview (I have not, and don't care to). We don't know when that scene will be, we don't know if anything will really come of it, or if it is simply (and considering the show, far more likely) a tease for the end of the season. Regardless of what actual significance that scene will ultimately have, it WAS NOT A PART OF THE EPISODE! It is a PRE-view. PRE PRE PRE.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's going to be a while before Negan is actually seen.

My feeling is this group will be dispersed pretty readily at the beginning of episode 6-9 in February (just a guess, but in the tight formation they're in, the RPG would be very effective).

Daryl. Sasha and Abraham then proceed on their merry little way to save the folks at Alexandria.

Good call. They're going to do something because they have to set Negan off and set his sights on Rick's group. The reason being that some of Rick's people kill some of Negan's people.

The trio is going to obviously take care of part of this group of people in order to continue on their way and that will set in motion the future arrival of Negan.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
My comparison is apt. A preview is a preview. It is not a part of the episode in question. Any suggestion that it is a part of the episode being discussed is preposterous. Not everyone saw the preview (I have not, and don't care to). We don't know when that scene will be, we don't know if anything will really come of it, or if it is simply (and considering the show, far more likely) a tease for the end of the season. Regardless of what actual significance that scene will ultimately have, it WAS NOT A PART OF THE EPISODE! It is a PRE-view. PRE PRE PRE.

It's significant regardless of what it is.

It's the first mention of what is coming. The rest of the season, until the final episode, will be a build to the arrival of Negan. It's also going to be the build to Rick under estimating the cruel, and evil, nature of what is headed their way. He's not going to understand just how awful Negan is, despite people trying to make it clear to him, until finally, in the season finale, Negan arrives and shows Rick the first, of many instances, of just how awful he is.

People only thought the Governor was bad. That guy was an angel in comparison to what is about to arrive.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Calling you "ChildsPlay" is what is apropos here. You basically just closed your eyes and stuck a finger in each ear and said "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I DON'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ".

Ignore the prologue all you want but it did happen. The genie is out of the bottle. Negan and the Saviors are coming to our TV screens.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Not to try and pry into any debates, but I watch the episodes on AMC.com and the prologue/preview that ran seperate on Sunday is actually included in the latest episode at the end. It's also listed on AMC's site separately as a prologue. Normally the previews are listed as such. Again, no interjections or hate mongering, but I just wanted to point it out.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Not to try and pry into any debates, but I watch the episodes on AMC.com and the prologue/preview that ran seperate on Sunday is actually included in the latest episode at the end. It's also listed on AMC's site separately as a prologue. Normally the previews are listed as such. Again, no interjections or hate mongering, but I just wanted to point it out.

Oh man...... I am soooooooo confused now!

Is it a Pre pre pre view or the end of the episode. Enquiring minds want to know.....

Lol
J/k

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's significant regardless of what it is.

It's the first mention of what is coming. The rest of the season, until the final episode, will be a build to the arrival of Negan. It's also going to be the build to Rick under estimating the cruel, and evil, nature of what is headed their way. He's not going to understand just how awful Negan is, despite people trying to make it clear to him, until finally, in the season finale, Negan arrives and shows Rick the first, of many instances, of just how awful he is.

People only thought the Governor was bad. That guy was an angel in comparison to what is about to arrive.

Oh, I know Negan is significant, and yhe mention of him excites people. But if all that scene is is a tease for something 5 or 6 episodes down, it's not really that significant. It was not a part of the episode though, so it is completely irrelevant to any discussion of the quality of that episode.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Calling you "ChildsPlay" is what is apropos here. You basically just closed your eyes and stuck a finger in each ear and said "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I DON'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ".

Ignore the prologue all you want but it did happen. The genie is out of the bottle. Negan and the Saviors are coming to our TV screens.

It was NOT a part of the episode. Do you not comprehend this? Do you know what a prologue or preview are?

It happened? Yeah so? Was it a part of the episode I (and many others) were criticiszing? Can you admit that it was not? Was anyone criticizing the preview?

We were criticizing the EPISODE. Not something that is separate from that episode. If it was part of the episode, it would be called an epilogue and would have aired with the episode, not another show entirely.

If you want to be excited about the preview/prologue for the 2nd half of the season, that's fine. But it has no place in a discussion about the quality of the episode that aired Sunday night. They are two separate things.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You two should really stop arguing about Preview vs Prologue.

IT was showing and it was labeled as a prologue.

And it makes no difference, except for you two, whether it was a part of this season or not...

Let it go and quit arguing over it or using it as an excuse to argue.

yimyammer

Reaction score
lol, the internet has created a new truth (imo):

"every topic on a message forum will eventually devolve into a pointless debate/argument"

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh, I know Negan is significant, and yhe mention of him excites people. But if all that scene is is a tease for something 5 or 6 episodes down, it's not really that significant. It was not a part of the episode though, so it is completely irrelevant to any discussion of the quality of that episode.

Yeah I get what you're saying.

It's only significant to the comic fans in that we know what, and how, this is going to set up great things ahead. It's the first step in the process of building up the myth, and legend, of Negan before he even arrives.