"The Walking Dead" Season 6 - Episodes 1-8

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I actually agree with the forum critics this week. It would have been dull for a mid season episode. Was especially dull for a mid season finale.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So, with the exception of the guy escaping and what's her name dying...we're exactly where we were before the episode began.

What's with the scene with Carl and the other kid. "You need to know your dad was an *******." Uh, duh? Gee thanks, Carl. I hadn't realized that. Sorry for attacking you, my bad. If only I had known. And of course the scene just ends there and is forgotten.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well, the wolf guy kidnapped the nurse chick. Something is gonna happen with Morgan now that Carol and him went at it. Maggie is stuck on the scaffolding surrounded by walkers. Rick and crew are walking through a **** ton of walkers with that damn kid talking. It was ok I guess.

But, not knowing what happened to Glenn would've been a better cliffhanger.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom.

Is it morally wrong as an adult to want stupid children to get bit during a zombie apocalypse?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
more would have been nice.

It was IMO the weakest of all mid-season finales for the show...

There was no mid-season finale in season 1.

In season 2 we had Shane snap, open up the barn doors and the dead Sophia come out.

In season 3 we had Rick & group rescue Maggie & Glenn from the Governor, Daryl taken hostage and Michonne take out the Governor's eye.

In season 4 we had the conclusion of the "Prison-arc", which was the final battle and Herschel getting killed by the Governor.

Last season we had the conclusion of the "Hospital-arc", and the death of Beth.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Really hope the next part of the season gets better. The first half was a huge yawn fest.

gambit187

Reaction score
Well, the wolf guy kidnapped the nurse chick. Something is gonna happen with Morgan now that Carol and him went at it. Maggie is stuck on the scaffolding surrounded by walkers. Rick and crew are walking through a **** ton of walkers with that damn kid talking. It was ok I guess.

But, not knowing what happened to Glenn would've been a better cliffhanger.

Didn't you see Glenn. He made it back to Alexandria and seen Maggie stuck and surrounded on the scaffolding.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was ok with the season as a whole until last night.

Kind of boring and kind of lame for a mid season finale

I guess they left you with four things to make you wait to see how they turn out.

The kid talking like an idiot when they are all out in the middle of zombies.
Glenn seeing Maggie up on the scaffolding by herself.
Morgan and Carol - what happens next
The wolves guy escaping.

And let's not forget The gas truck with RPGs out there like BZ pointed out earlier.\

HOWEVER

They could have spent a few (5 minutes or less) minutes...BP's alternate mid season ending...

Camera switches to another area outside of Alexandria

You only see characters from the waist down.

One guy comes in and says..it worked... The church fell and took part of the wall down.
You see a different guy standing up and you see that he has a serious looking bat in his hands.
The camera slow moves up to Negan's face and he says... Let's get ready to go.
Black screen and roll credits.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was ok with the season as a whole until last night.

Kind of boring and kind of lame for a mid season finale

I guess they left you with four things to make you wait to see how they turn out.

The kid talking like an idiot when they are all out in the middle of zombies.
Glenn seeing Maggie up on the scaffolding by herself.
Morgan and Carol - what happens next
The wolves guy escaping.

And let's not forget The gas truck with RPGs out there like BZ pointed out earlier.\

HOWEVER

They could have spent a few (5 minutes or less) minutes...BP's alternate mid season ending...

Camera switches to another area outside of Alexandria

You only see characters from the waist down.

One guy comes in and says..it worked... The church fell and took part of the wall down.
You see a different guy standing up and you see that he has a serious looking bat in his hands.
The camera slow moves up to Negan's face and he says... Let's get ready to go.
Black screen and roll credits.

I kept waiting for something to happen...

Yeah, the "wolf" took the nurse/doctor... Yawn. Just another character that hasn't been developed well enough to care about.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
kinda yawn

Alexandria is under siege by zombies, Morgan and Carol are about to be killed by a Wolf, Daryl and crew are getting jack up by Nagen's posse. Your response is "yawn". Maybe you're just jaded. There couldn't be more chaos going on at the same time and as someone that has come to care about the characters of this show, I'm completely captivated by their predicament. Considering the popularity of the show, I'm thinking your "yawn" response is in the minority. I personally will find it difficult to wait until Feb 14th to pick this story up again.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's stuck in mud.

Negan is the savior.

Oh...you....I see what you did there. :)

And yes this was a very lack luster midseason finale. I wonder if that was intentional because they've had something big (Or at least supposedly big) in terms of deaths at the midseason each year.

Now we'll get a frantic first episode to the second half of the season because I believe that they're going to have 3 or 4 people die in that first episode.

Jesse and his stupid brat who won't quit talking will both die cause he's going to give himself away with all that damn talking.

I think Morgan is going to die in the first episode of the next half. I don't know how yet but he's going to die I'm guessing. So at least those 3.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Didn't you see Glenn. He made it back to Alexandria and seen Maggie stuck and surrounded on the scaffolding.

That was his point. If you hadn't known what happened to Glenn, at all, to this point would have been a better cliffhanger instead of what they had. Or if they'd had Glenn's scene from a few weeks ago, where you didn't know if he lived or died, be the final scene of this finale it would have been better.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Is Negan bringing new writers? Because that is the only way they save it.

Lol.

Yeah... It's a little arrogant by Kirkman to think he can just give only "it's about people and how they deal with new world'... With occasional zombie bites/deaths.

I would be surprised if there is season 7.

I can't remover "walking" away from a show before its series finale. This may be my first.

Oh...you....I see what you did there. :)

And yes this was a very lack luster midseason finale. I wonder if that was intentional because they've had something big (Or at least supposedly big) in terms of deaths at the midseason each year.

Now we'll get a frantic first episode to the second half of the season because I believe that they're going to have 3 or 4 people die in that first episode.

Jesse and his stupid brat who won't quit talking will both die cause he's going to give himself away with all that damn talking.

I think Morgan is going to die in the first episode of the next half. I don't know how yet but he's going to die I'm guessing. So at least those 3.

I missed it.. What did I do? Lol

I don't know that they plugged Morgan in a bunch of episodes between seasons 2-5 to kill him off.

We are probably going to get Ricks "assassins" team vs Morgan's "peace, love and joy" hippy team.

This series is in desperate need of new angle. Clan vs clan has been done plenty of times.

New angle: hear about/ find a zone unaffected... Thought to be unaffected.
Another part of the world is handing things differently... Something.... Anything....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Lol.

Yeah... It's a little arrogant by Kirkman to think he can just give only "it's about people and how they deal with new world'... With occasional zombie bites/deaths.

I would be surprised if there is season 7.

I can't remover "walking" away from a show before its series finale. This may be my first.

I missed it.. What did I do? Lol

I don't know that they plugged Morgan in a bunch of episodes between seasons 2-5 to kill him off.

We are probably going to get Ricks "assassins" team vs Morgan's "peace, love and joy" hippy team.

This series is in desperate need of new angle. Clan vs clan has been done plenty of times.

New angle: hear about/ find a zone unaffected... Thought to be unaffected.
Another part of the world is handing things differently... Something.... Anything....

Negan, in the comics, is the leader of the Saviors.

Negan is the savior.

You know what you did there. :p

As a fan of the comic I am of course going some what by what could possibly happen due to the comic, although they don't strictly follow it, when I say some of the ideas I have for what could be coming up.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Negan, in the comics, is the leader of the Saviors.

Negan is the savior.

You know what you did there. :p

As a fan of the comic I am of course going some what by what could possibly happen due to the comic, although they don't strictly follow it, when I say some of the ideas I have for what could be coming up.

Ohhhh I didn't know he was savior. Kudos to me lol

Stryker44

Reaction score
If the show is dragging, why are they waiting to bring Negan into the fold?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Alexandria is under siege by zombies, Morgan and Carol are about to be killed by a Wolf, Daryl and crew are getting jack up by Nagen's posse. Your response is "yawn". Maybe you're just jaded. There couldn't be more chaos going on at the same time and as someone that has come to care about the characters of this show, I'm completely captivated by their predicament. Considering the popularity of the show, I'm thinking your "yawn" response is in the minority. I personally will find it difficult to wait until Feb 14th to pick this story up again.

A bunch of walkers walked through town, and the characters aren't in any new position from the end of the last episode.

Morgan and Carol are fine laying on the ground and the wolf is gone.

Daryl and company weren't in this episode and are just driving down the road.

Yes, very much yawn.

blindzebra

Reaction score
So nobody saw the last scene?

A bunch of the Saviors stop the gas truck and tell Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham that everything they have now belongs to Negan...that is how the mid-season finale ended.