"The Walking Dead" Season 6 - Episodes 1-8

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe my recall is faulty but has Maggie been falling on her face and butt on average running from walkers this season than in any previous season? It seems like it to me. If true, they should drop all pretense. Have Lauren Cohan dye her hair blonde, put in blue contact lenses, and nickname her Trip.

Side note on Cohan: she's playing a babysitter of a demonic doll in a movie next year called The Boy. I can't wait to compare how she acts more fearful of--slow moving dead people or Chucky wannabes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So nobody saw the last scene?

A bunch of the Saviors stop the gas truck and tell Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham that everything they have now belongs to Negan...that is how the mid-season finale ended.

It came on during the first few minutes of Into The Badlands. My question is does "everything" include those three too?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe my recall is faulty but has Maggie been falling on her face and butt on average running from walkers this season than in any previous season? It seems like it to me. If true, they should drop all pretense. Have Lauren Cohan dye her hair blonde, put in blue contact lenses, and nickname her Trip.

Side note on Cohan: she's playing a babysitter of a demonic doll in a movie next year called The Boy. I can't wait to compare how she acts more fearful of--slow moving dead people or Chucky wannabes.

Watch the movie Van Wilder the Rise of Taj

You can see a little "more" of Lauren ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know...I think if they would have shown Negan, even a stand in might have worked.

But it was ok with them bringing up his name. Just too bad they did it in the Into the badlands show instead of the regular show.

It would have been a big deal like it was with Michonne at the end of one season. Where they should a brief glimpse of her.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A bunch of walkers walked through town, and the characters aren't in any new position from the end of the last episode.

Morgan and Carol are fine laying on the ground and the wolf is gone.

Daryl and company weren't in this episode and are just driving down the road.

Yes, very much yawn.

Daryl and company were in the 2 minute clip played in the first commercial break of "Bandlands" and during Talking Dead. They are getting jacked up by Negan's goons.

Morgan and Carol have both been knocked unconscious so that hardly qualifies as "fine".

In the last episode the wall had just been compromised by the tower falling on it and the walkers had just started walking into Alexandria. Now the walkers are getting into the houses and forcing everyone to take drastic action to get away from them. That too is a way different position from the end of the last episode.

How are you not apprehending the danger they are in and keeps getting worse. "Yawn" is simply not apropos.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
So nobody saw the last scene?

A bunch of the Saviors stop the gas truck and tell Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham that everything they have now belongs to Negan...that is how the mid-season finale ended.

That was a preview to the next episode that they played from into the badlands. I'm sure a lot of people who didn't watch that show missed it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a preview to the next episode that they played from into the badlands. I'm sure a lot of people who didn't watch that show missed it.
Chris Hardwick said in (Talking Dead) commercial during the fall finale that there would be a scene from the upcoming episode showing during Into The Badlands. That show doesn't appeal to me but I had to watch it. :) It wasn't a long wait--maybe less than 10 minutes into that show when the clip ran.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Chris Hardwick said in (Talking Dead) commercial during the fall finale that there would be a scene from the upcoming episode showing during Into The Badlands. That show doesn't appeal to me but I had to watch it. :) It wasn't a long wait--maybe less than 10 minutes into that show when the clip ran.

I like those kinds of shows/movies so I got to see it anyways. I only quoted BZ because he said that scene was the finale, but like you said it was an early preview for the February premiere.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Odd, I didn't catch the first airing, but caught the repeat and they showed the Negan part right after the commercials at the end of the episode. So it made it look like that was the end of the episode.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Daryl and company were in the 2 minute clip played in the first commercial break of "Bandlands" and during Talking Dead. They are getting jacked up by Negan's goons.

Morgan and Carol have both been knocked unconscious so that hardly qualifies as "fine".

In the last episode the wall had just been compromised by the tower falling on it and the walkers had just started walking into Alexandria. Now the walkers are getting into the houses and forcing everyone to take drastic action to get away from them. That too is a way different position from the end of the last episode.

How are you not apprehending the danger they are in and keeps getting worse. "Yawn" is simply not apropos.

A preview scene from a future episode is irrelevant.

Unconcious on the ground with armed friends nearby is pretty fine. They'll wake up and be okay. Nobody should be concerned about them at all.

The characters were surrounded by walkers. They're still surrounded. Now they just have to move to a new location. Not much has changed. Walkers don't pose much of a threat anyway until the writers deem them necessary amd either give them super strength, stealth ability, or make a character extremely dumb.

Everything that happened could have been handled in 10 minutes. It's common with this show. They are very inefficient storytellers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Odd, I didn't catch the first airing, but caught the repeat and they showed the Negan part right after the commercials at the end of the episode. So it made it look like that was the end of the episode.
It makes sense to show it that way during the repeat. TWD is AMC's major draw. The network wants it to lure more viewers for its other shows like ITB. Teasers like the TWD clip are dependable marketing ploys in accomplishing that goal but loose effectiveness for that purpose after they run the first time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A preview scene from a future episode is irrelevant.

Unconcious on the ground with armed friends nearby is pretty fine. They'll wake up and be okay. Nobody should be concerned about them at all.

The characters were surrounded by walkers. They're still surrounded. Now they just have to move to a new location. Not much has changed. Walkers don't pose much of a threat anyway until the writers deem them necessary amd either give them super strength, stealth ability, or make a character extremely dumb.

Everything that happened could have been handled in 10 minutes. It's common with this show. They are very inefficient storytellers.

Irrelevant LOL how? Do you think they are lying to you? Negan is moving in and you think it is irrelevant? LOL whatever.

Assuming Morgan and Carol will just wake up and be fine is completely presumptive of you.

There is a huge difference between having flesh eating bad guys walking down your street versus in your house.

Your over simplification of the episode makes you the one that is the inefficient storyteller and viewer.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Irrelevant LOL how? Do you think they are lying to you? Negan is moving in and you think it is irrelevant? LOL whatever.

Assuming Morgan and Carol will just wake up and be fine is completely presumptive of you.

There is a huge difference between having flesh eating bad guys walking down your street versus in your house.

Your over simplification of the episode makes you the one that is the inefficient storyteller and viewer.

Just calm down with jumping down everyone's throat if they don't like something about the show. They are here to talk about it just like you and I, but acting like their opinions are worthless are getting you no where.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's going to be a while before Negan is actually seen.

My feeling is this group will be dispersed pretty readily at the beginning of episode 6-9 in February (just a guess, but in the tight formation they're in, the RPG would be very effective).

Daryl. Sasha and Abraham then proceed on their merry little way to save the folks at Alexandria.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just calm down with jumping down everyone's throat if they don't like something about the show. They are here to talk about it just like you and I, but acting like their opinions are worthless are getting you no where.

Now there is something that deserves a yawn response. :muttley:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

How is a preview irrelevant to the quality of a past episode? You're really asking this?

Have you watched this show at all? Of course Carol and Morgan are safe. The wanna be doctor might be in trouble, but she's a very minor character.

The only reason there is any threat is from people being stupid (Ron and brother, etc.). The entire episode was them camping out in the house. That's not progression of the plot. Again, what little that actually happened could have been done in 10 minutes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How is a preview irrelevant to the quality of a past episode? You're really asking this?

Have you watched this show at all? Of course Carol and Morgan are safe. The wanna be doctor might be in trouble, but she's a very minor character.

The only reason there is any threat is from people being stupid (Ron and brother, etc.). The entire episode was them camping out in the house. That's not progression of the plot. Again, what little that actually happened could have been done in 10 minutes.

You complain about lack of progression of the plot and then call a preview that is full of progression of the plot, irrelevant. Contradict yourself much? You say the only threat was being cause by Ron and his brother being stupid but they didn't cause Diane's walker bit... so you are wrong again.

Your complaint that the whole episode could have been done in 10 minutes is extremely nit picky. That's true with everything on TV. Have you watched TV at all? You can get summaries of entire movies on youtube in just 2 minutes.