The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Pretty good episode, but I should of known they were going to drag Carls' death out forever.

1 1/2 hours was a bit too long for me, after about 1/2 an hour, I was like, just die already.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Probably the best episode since Lizzie looked at the flowers.

I liked the back and forth with Carl's hope and Morgan in his kill em all rampage. Made for a nice contrast, and represents the crossroads that Rick is at now.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
took too damn long. Matrix 3 called and said they wanted their "longest death on screen" award back.

then in the end, rick has a bloody hand under a tree. i'm just worn out with the "backtracking" the writes are lost in that they've come to adopt as "style".

we'll see where it goes from here but i'll keep expectations low and a side of hope just in case.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
took too damn long. Matrix 3 called and said they wanted their "longest death on screen" award back.

then in the end, rick has a bloody hand under a tree. i'm just worn out with the "backtracking" the writes are lost in that they've come to adopt as "style".

we'll see where it goes from here but i'll keep expectations low and a side of hope just in case.

This.

Incredibly boring after a while.

For a while it seemed they were going to drag out his death for the rest of 8B.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Not trying to troll, but why do y'all still watch this show? You KNEW they'd turn Carl's death into a filler episode, which will be 1 of at least 3 this season. I quit watching TWO SEASONS ago, and Negan is still NOT DEAD. Right? I'm just assuming, since nothing happens for episodes at a time.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not trying to troll, but why do y'all still watch this show? You KNEW they'd turn Carl's death into a filler episode, which will be 1 of at least 3 this season. I quit watching TWO SEASONS ago, and Negan is still NOT DEAD. Right? I'm just assuming, since nothing happens for episodes at a time.
some people still like it.
some like me, are hoping it gets better again.

some, like me, have nothing else to do on a sunday night anymore. >g<

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
some people still like it.
some like me, are hoping it gets better again.

some, like me, have nothing else to do on a sunday night anymore. >g<

Sounds like me. I still like it enough to keep watching. And I still enjoy it, I just hope they don't push it too many more seasons.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the sendoff of Carl's character was dignified... Just too long.

How some of the folks reacted (or didn't react) to his upcoming death (while in the sewer) was sort of weird.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty solid episode. But agreed too long. Also when the heck was that bloody hand from?

If I had to hazard a guess... And it's only a guess it occurs after the final fight with Negan– concluding the arc. But who knows... It could occur prior to that.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
If I had to hazard a guess... And it's only a guess it occurs after the final fight with Negan– concluding the arc. But who knows... It could occur prior to that.
yep. i just get tired of the MAJOR EVENT CLIFFHANGERS and we go back in time to see what happened. just tell the story as it goes. *this* technique just seems like someone who learned how to make art fonts and they go way overboard on something where a little goes a long way.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ratings are in and they aren't pretty... The lowest rated mid-season premiere in the shows history.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I thought it was ok but like others have said they wasted way to much time on Carls death.
I think it was a huge mistake to kill him off so I wish they would have buried him in the first five minutes.
I liked Carol and Morgans killing spree but the end was stupid.
That same old tired morality play Morgan about to kill the main bad guy and Carol says no Morgan you don't want to do it your better than that?
I mean what stupid writing they just slaughtered how many saviors and now they should care about the one that started it all that day ?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did something have higher ratings during that time slot ?

Don't know.

I think from "How many watch the show"... Something like 8 mil, it's still doing well. Challenge is that number is about half of what it was during the show's peak.