The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep cant wait for some more redeyed rhetoric about what Carl would have wanted instead of what should have been an epic hand to hand battle . They need to introduce a new powerful character . That big Indian dude from Banshee would be perfect . Sobbing sweaty Rick is played out . If Negan stays locked in a cell I don't see it being very entertaining hope I'm wrong .

They followed the script of the graphic novel which was a similar type fight, except Rick gets his leg broke. If you remember the "Carl dream" at the beginning of the season and Rick using a cane to get around, the TV show threw us a herring on that one by implying Rick gets his leg broken by Negan in their final fight.

But it didn't happen...

I think we're through the "red eyed" Rick stuff.

Negan in a cell all season... Boring? LOL!

Go watch an old episode of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" where the kid and the dad (Bill Bixby) end the show by walking around somewhere and talking about the lessons Eddie recently learned about life... Well that's how it will go here. The end of each show Rick will go visit Negan in his cell, he'll pull up a chair and they'll talk about the lessons learned that week. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The popular theory is that the Walter White blue meth caused the outbreak. Yes, I am serious. It makes sense if you watch the first episode of FTWD.
i had to google that but a breaking bad tie in. that would be interesting anyway.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Alright I am going to warn now that there will be potential spoilers from the graphic novel mentioned so if you are not interested in having any of that, then don't read any further.

First let me say I enjoyed the episode but it all felt really rushed (As mentioned by many here in how quickly the fight was just...over) and to some degree very anti-climatic. But let me take it piece by piece here for myself, and I'll probably still forget things I wanted to touch on.

Lets start with the first thing that just really pisses me off. Eugene 'saving' the day and living. I hate it. Saw it coming, as someone mentioned after the previous episode, but I hate it. I hate the character so much (In the show anyway, cause in the graphic novel he's a much better character) and I wanted him to die more then any other character in the history of this show. Hate that he's gonna live.

The fight was VERY rushed. It was like...wow. Over. And the Ocean Side people showing up, just in time, to fire bomb bad guys? Geez. Weak. I'd actually completely forgotten about them.

Morgan doing the cross over, and leaving thing, is actually one thing I think they're taking from the comic, only with him instead of Michonne. In the comic she leaves after the war with the Saviors and spends the next two years (During their time skip) traveling around on her own and then joining a group of pirate type people to use ships up and down the east coast. She actually returns to Alexandria every so often during that time skip to bring supplies and trade with the whole new system that is in place, that I'll get into in a minute.

Anyway I think Morgan crossing over and traveling is basically him doing something of what she did, minus the ships and ocean part, and it will take something traumatic happening when he's back on a visit to make him stay, much like Michonne in the comic. More on that in a minute as well.

Dwight being forced to leave....odd. To say the least. It was clear he had been helping yall all along, there is no reason for Darryl to continue to hold things against him. It's also odd because in the comic Dwight is made the leader of the Saviors, post Negan, because he's someone that Rick trusts for the new world Rick creates. Again, more on that momentarily. So anyway it's odd that Darryl would make it clear he's dead if he ever returns, because Dwight is a HUGE part of the group/community after the time skip. Seems odd to direct him in a different direction.

Rick/Negan's fight and Negan jailed....went pretty much as expected. Basically how it went down in the comic, except that the final fight takes place outside the gates of Hilltop, Rick gets his leg broke (after slashing Negan's neck), but basically the same thing. In the comic he makes Negan realize that he has a plan for a bigger, better, world and Negan realizes he wants to be part of it, right before Rick slashes his throat, but not too deeply to where he can't be saved. See in the comic it was Rick's intention, before the final fight ever begins, to simply jail him. He'd long decided at that point that he had to show Negan, and those he used to rule, that there was a better way for everyone to live.

Rick alludes to this, clearly, in his speech to his people (especially Maggie) right after telling the Doctor to save Negan. Rick has a plan for a bigger, better, world that is more akin to the one they left behind at the start of the outbreak. Now let me touch on that plan, and that walker herd, here as what I think will happen some what closely to the comic.

In the comic at this point there is a 2 year time skip. Over those 2 years Rick rebuilds Alexandria, The Hilltop, The Saviors, and The Kingdom and they have a four community area that trades, works together, and patrols all through the areas around them to keep all the areas safe. Over those two years those 4 places basically turn into little towns and it's really the beginning of an actual civilization as it once was. They trade between communities, they have some form of laws and such. It's a great accomplishment that Rick builds. Now the TV show is different in that it's more Carl's idea, that Rick decides to build toward, rather than the vision that Rick had on his own, and they even eluded to this with the book the Record lady gave to Maggie. The step by step to building the world that Rick, in the comic, builds.

As for that woman I'm not sure what they're doing with her. She's not in the comic unless she's in a future group which I'll touch on in a moment.

Now back to that Herd. I believe there is still a time skip and I'll say why I think this will work. I think that Herd is the forshadowing to the next big threat that the group faces after the time skip. They even gave a nod to this group, of sorts, in the episode. When they're looking out on the hill, and you see the big group of walkers out there, there are wooden posts across the area in front of them.

I believe this is foreshadowing the arrival of The Whispers. They're a group of people who dress in dead people's skin, in order to walk among the dead, undetected and completely protected. They only whisper, thus The Whispers, to communicate so the dead don't attack them. This allows them to basically direct the direction of this herd to anywhere they want, and if they follow them comic you'll see much later that The Whispers have corralled an ENORMOUS amount of Walkers into an area, so that they can unleash them on anyone who threatens their existence.

Thus why I don't believe that Herd will necessarily get to Rick's area, cause The Whispers are herding them some where else. Now how they start their war, or story, with this group is going to be a little more tricky at this point. In the comic it starts because they wind up with one of them, a young girl at Hilltop after a safety patrol, who Carl befriends and falls for. The Whispers come and take her back, as her mother is the leader of The Whispers, and then Carl goes to save her, Rick has to go to save him, etc. That leads to Rick meeting their leader, being warned to never come into their area again (Marked by the wooden posts). She allows Rick to leave with Carl, and her daughter (which I won't go into all the details of why, but lets say it's for very good reason and because this lady at least realizes Rick's group offers her daughter an actual life, rather then the crummy situation they all live in).

Meanwhile, before Rick meets her, when he's at their camp waiting, being held until she returns, she was in Alexandria for their festival. They were having a huge 4 community wide festival, sort of like a giant fair basically. Rick doesn't know she was there but he finds that out when he, carl, the girl, and Michonne and the couple others who came with Rick looking for Carl are returning home. On their way they come to the wood posts that mark the edge of the Whispers territory...only now, as a warning, there are heads on several of those posts. Alpha (That's what the leader of the Whispers is called) kills several of Rick's people (some from all 4 communities) to let Rick now that the warning was no joke. I won't spoil who all is killed but there were a couple of VERY big deaths in this section. One of those deaths is what ultimately leads Michonne to stop roaming and stay, which I believe is what they'll do with Morgan.

Anyway, that was long winded I know, but that sets up where I believe they're going with the next arc of this story. Now back to the present and much smaller bites of thoughts here.

The meeting at the end of the episode is not about hurting Rick, or killing him. I honestly have zero idea how anyone even came to that conclusion. All they did was make it clear that Maggie intends to wait till the right time to be able to go ahead and kill Negan. This is no different then the comic. She pretends to be on board with Rick, for the whole two plus years after the war, but shes secretly just waiting for the time to get to kill Negan.

And if the show follows that you'll see that Rick isn't an idiot. He doesn't leave Negan unguarded and Maggie and those in the comic who might not agree with Rick's decision are never the people watching the cell or allowed alone with Negan. Of course in the comic there is no Darryl so that's a different character to add in.

It was weird seeing Jesus talking to them, and acting as if he was okay with what they were planning, considering he spent all that time making it clear that they shouldn't kill everyone. Just weird. But, anyway, that scene is not at all about killing Rick. Weird that anyone got that idea.

The helicopter and the record lady....honestly I think people are going to be extremely disappointed in that I don't believe you're going to have where they're from revealed for a very long time. That is assuming the lady is part of the group I believe she is. The helicopter tells me it's for the group that Rick and them encounter after The Whispers. It's an ENORMOUS community of 100,000+ people. It's a long ways down the road. I believe it's simply forshadowing for the comic fans that group of people that they'll eventually come in contact with. That's where the comic is at right now actually. The beginning stages of them interacting with this new group. Which is enormous, extremely well armed, and by far the most advanced group of people Rick has encountered in this zombie world. I don't have a whole lot to say about them as it's not very far into this arc yet in the comic.

On a side note I actually think Maggie's character is going to be killed off next season. I was reading that she did not get signed for next season, and actually already signed on as the lead for another show next year that is starting. In the deal I read it said that her new show was open to allowing her to return to TWD on a limited basis in order to finish off her storyline there. That read to me that she won't be resigning with TWD and they're going to have to write her out of the show next season. I believe she will be one of the deaths (which I expect to happen in the mid-season finale) by Alpha of The Whispers.

This will completely change the story from the comic, in major ways, as Maggie is the leader of the Hilltop and a HUGE part of the new world that Rick has created. That's going to be an awfully big change from the comic, if that does go down like I'm expecting it to. Of course Carl dying this season has also already greatly changed things for the post time skip arc of story as well.

I expect the Whisper War to take at least the next 2 seasons, in order to not catch the comics. So expect that for those who hate drawn out things like this. It will be another 2 seasons thing much like The Saviors were.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alright I am going to warn now that there will be potential spoilers from the graphic novel mentioned so if you are not interested in having any of that, then don't read any further.

First let me say I enjoyed the episode but it all felt really rushed (As mentioned by many here in how quickly the fight was just...over) and to some degree very anti-climatic. But let me take it piece by piece here for myself, and I'll probably still forget things I wanted to touch on.

Lets start with the first thing that just really pisses me off. Eugene 'saving' the day and living. I hate it. Saw it coming, as someone mentioned after the previous episode, but I hate it. I hate the character so much (In the show anyway, cause in the graphic novel he's a much better character) and I wanted him to die more then any other character in the history of this show. Hate that he's gonna live.

The fight was VERY rushed. It was like...wow. Over. And the Ocean Side people showing up, just in time, to fire bomb bad guys? Geez. Weak. I'd actually completely forgotten about them.

Morgan doing the cross over, and leaving thing, is actually one thing I think they're taking from the comic, only with him instead of Michonne. In the comic she leaves after the war with the Saviors and spends the next two years (During their time skip) traveling around on her own and then joining a group of pirate type people to use ships up and down the east coast. She actually returns to Alexandria every so often during that time skip to bring supplies and trade with the whole new system that is in place, that I'll get into in a minute.

Anyway I think Morgan crossing over and traveling is basically him doing something of what she did, minus the ships and ocean part, and it will take something traumatic happening when he's back on a visit to make him stay, much like Michonne in the comic. More on that in a minute as well.

Dwight being forced to leave....odd. To say the least. It was clear he had been helping yall all along, there is no reason for Darryl to continue to hold things against him. It's also odd because in the comic Dwight is made the leader of the Saviors, post Negan, because he's someone that Rick trusts for the new world Rick creates. Again, more on that momentarily. So anyway it's odd that Darryl would make it clear he's dead if he ever returns, because Dwight is a HUGE part of the group/community after the time skip. Seems odd to direct him in a different direction.

Rick/Negan's fight and Negan jailed....went pretty much as expected. Basically how it went down in the comic, except that the final fight takes place outside the gates of Hilltop, Rick gets his leg broke (after slashing Negan's neck), but basically the same thing. In the comic he makes Negan realize that he has a plan for a bigger, better, world and Negan realizes he wants to be part of it, right before Rick slashes his throat, but not too deeply to where he can't be saved. See in the comic it was Rick's intention, before the final fight ever begins, to simply jail him. He'd long decided at that point that he had to show Negan, and those he used to rule, that there was a better way for everyone to live.

Rick alludes to this, clearly, in his speech to his people (especially Maggie) right after telling the Doctor to save Negan. Rick has a plan for a bigger, better, world that is more akin to the one they left behind at the start of the outbreak. Now let me touch on that plan, and that walker herd, here as what I think will happen some what closely to the comic.

In the comic at this point there is a 2 year time skip. Over those 2 years Rick rebuilds Alexandria, The Hilltop, The Saviors, and The Kingdom and they have a four community area that trades, works together, and patrols all through the areas around them to keep all the areas safe. Over those two years those 4 places basically turn into little towns and it's really the beginning of an actual civilization as it once was. They trade between communities, they have some form of laws and such. It's a great accomplishment that Rick builds. Now the TV show is different in that it's more Carl's idea, that Rick decides to build toward, rather than the vision that Rick had on his own, and they even eluded to this with the book the Record lady gave to Maggie. The step by step to building the world that Rick, in the comic, builds.

As for that woman I'm not sure what they're doing with her. She's not in the comic unless she's in a future group which I'll touch on in a moment.

Now back to that Herd. I believe there is still a time skip and I'll say why I think this will work. I think that Herd is the forshadowing to the next big threat that the group faces after the time skip. They even gave a nod to this group, of sorts, in the episode. When they're looking out on the hill, and you see the big group of walkers out there, there are wooden posts across the area in front of them.

I believe this is foreshadowing the arrival of The Whispers. They're a group of people who dress in dead people's skin, in order to walk among the dead, undetected and completely protected. They only whisper, thus The Whispers, to communicate so the dead don't attack them. This allows them to basically direct the direction of this herd to anywhere they want, and if they follow them comic you'll see much later that The Whispers have corralled an ENORMOUS amount of Walkers into an area, so that they can unleash them on anyone who threatens their existence.

Thus why I don't believe that Herd will necessarily get to Rick's area, cause The Whispers are herding them some where else. Now how they start their war, or story, with this group is going to be a little more tricky at this point. In the comic it starts because they wind up with one of them, a young girl at Hilltop after a safety patrol, who Carl befriends and falls for. The Whispers come and take her back, as her mother is the leader of The Whispers, and then Carl goes to save her, Rick has to go to save him, etc. That leads to Rick meeting their leader, being warned to never come into their area again (Marked by the wooden posts). She allows Rick to leave with Carl, and her daughter (which I won't go into all the details of why, but lets say it's for very good reason and because this lady at least realizes Rick's group offers her daughter an actual life, rather then the crummy situation they all live in).

Meanwhile, before Rick meets her, when he's at their camp waiting, being held until she returns, she was in Alexandria for their festival. They were having a huge 4 community wide festival, sort of like a giant fair basically. Rick doesn't know she was there but he finds that out when he, carl, the girl, and Michonne and the couple others who came with Rick looking for Carl are returning home. On their way they come to the wood posts that mark the edge of the Whispers territory...only now, as a warning, there are heads on several of those posts. Alpha (That's what the leader of the Whispers is called) kills several of Rick's people (some from all 4 communities) to let Rick now that the warning was no joke. I won't spoil who all is killed but there were a couple of VERY big deaths in this section. One of those deaths is what ultimately leads Michonne to stop roaming and stay, which I believe is what they'll do with Morgan.

Anyway, that was long winded I know, but that sets up where I believe they're going with the next arc of this story. Now back to the present and much smaller bites of thoughts here.

The meeting at the end of the episode is not about hurting Rick, or killing him. I honestly have zero idea how anyone even came to that conclusion. All they did was make it clear that Maggie intends to wait till the right time to be able to go ahead and kill Negan. This is no different then the comic. She pretends to be on board with Rick, for the whole two plus years after the war, but shes secretly just waiting for the time to get to kill Negan.

And if the show follows that you'll see that Rick isn't an idiot. He doesn't leave Negan unguarded and Maggie and those in the comic who might not agree with Rick's decision are never the people watching the cell or allowed alone with Negan. Of course in the comic there is no Darryl so that's a different character to add in.

It was weird seeing Jesus talking to them, and acting as if he was okay with what they were planning, considering he spent all that time making it clear that they shouldn't kill everyone. Just weird. But, anyway, that scene is not at all about killing Rick. Weird that anyone got that idea.

The helicopter and the record lady....honestly I think people are going to be extremely disappointed in that I don't believe you're going to have where they're from revealed for a very long time. That is assuming the lady is part of the group I believe she is. The helicopter tells me it's for the group that Rick and them encounter after The Whispers. It's an ENORMOUS community of 100,000+ people. It's a long ways down the road. I believe it's simply forshadowing for the comic fans that group of people that they'll eventually come in contact with. That's where the comic is at right now actually. The beginning stages of them interacting with this new group. Which is enormous, extremely well armed, and by far the most advanced group of people Rick has encountered in this zombie world. I don't have a whole lot to say about them as it's not very far into this arc yet in the comic.

On a side note I actually think Maggie's character is going to be killed off next season. I was reading that she did not get signed for next season, and actually already signed on as the lead for another show next year that is starting. In the deal I read it said that her new show was open to allowing her to return to TWD on a limited basis in order to finish off her storyline there. That read to me that she won't be resigning with TWD and they're going to have to write her out of the show next season. I believe she will be one of the deaths (which I expect to happen in the mid-season finale) by Alpha of The Whispers.

This will completely change the story from the comic, in major ways, as Maggie is the leader of the Hilltop and a HUGE part of the new world that Rick has created. That's going to be an awfully big change from the comic, if that does go down like I'm expecting it to. Of course Carl dying this season has also already greatly changed things for the post time skip arc of story as well.

I expect the Whisper War to take at least the next 2 seasons, in order to not catch the comics. So expect that for those who hate drawn out things like this. It will be another 2 seasons thing much like The Saviors were.

Great synopsis.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Without Eugene they get slaughtered, yes?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Without Eugene they get slaughtered, yes?

Yeah I would think so, with the way it was set up. But that's what I'm saying it was clear that was the play they were going with from the previous episode.

I just personally hate it. I wanted them to just have the normal fight, Rick's side win out, and Eugene die in the process. I hate the character, entirely, at this point.

But yes it was obvious with the way they set up the finale that Eugene was going to have to do something in order to help them win. So they had a reason built in for why Rick's group would forgive him and let him live.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

dig it - thanks for the post!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It does seem the time jump that starts off season 9 will be a much shorter time frame than the two years featured in the comics.

I'm figuring it's about the same length of time it took Morgan to go from Virginia to Texas using a combination of foot power and junker vehicles that still have a little gas in them... Maybe what? 3-6 months?

And it appears that "Fear" had the two-year time jump instead.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
honestly, if they kill Maggie, that's going to have a severe net negative impact on viewership. They will lose the show. It's almost gone now, due to the extremely and excessively long Saviors arc and Glenn and Abraham's deaths. Viewership is at an all time low. the second they kill maggie, they may as well name it the series finale.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dig it - thanks for the post!

You're welcome. I love talking about this show and the comic.

It does seem the time jump that starts off season 9 will be a much shorter time frame than the two years featured in the comics.

I'm figuring it's about the same length of time it took Morgan to go from Virginia to Texas using a combination of foot power and junker vehicles that still have a little gas in them... Maybe what? 3-6 months?

And it appears that "Fear" had the two-year time jump instead.

That could be. They could go with a much shorter jump on TWD. I'm not sure yet. To show the community, and the way it is, in a short 3-6 month time frame, rather than a 2 year, would be likely quite impossible. The complete difference in the way the world is from the end of the War with the Saviors and where the comic picks up 2 years later is impressive. They could go with a smaller time jump, and still show them in the early stages of creating that new world, but if they do that then I'd feel like they're quite likely in for a very lengthy next arc. That seems to be dangerous given how upset so many seem to have been about the Saviors arc lasting 2+ years.

honestly, if they kill Maggie, that's going to have a severe net negative impact on viewership. They will lose the show. It's almost gone now, due to the extremely and excessively long Saviors arc and Glenn and Abraham's deaths. Viewership is at an all time low. the second they kill maggie, they may as well name it the series finale.

I don't think it's something they wanted to do it's something that looks like it's going to have to happen, simply due to the fact that the actress left TWD for another show.

From everything I've read it appears the only possible agreement is that the new show she's going to be the lead on will allow her to short term comeback over to TWD to finish up her storyline. Well in the comic her storyline is still going, which means they can't finish it up on the show. They could just have her leave, but that would be weird and there really won't be a great way to write that to where it makes any real sense.

Unfortunately I think she's going to be the biggest death in the early Whisper Wars, instead of the major death from the comic in that spot. And again just due to the fact that she's leaving for another show.

Now it's entirely possible that this new show will tank in it's pilot episode, not be picked up, and then she'd be free to resign again full time with TWD if they can come to an agreement.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh one other thing I wanted to touch on, because it just dawned on me as I'm sitting here now. I think Iceberg was the one who mentioned above about Maggie showing basically no real emotion all season and then turning into the screaming fit when he didn't kill Negan.

I would have found that extremely weird myself but for some reason that seems to be par for the course with this character. If you recall back when Beth was captured the whole time Maggie showed very little emotion about her sister being gone and was far more worried about finding Glenn. It wasn't until Darryl comes walking out of that hospital, carrying the body of a dead Beth, that all the sudden Maggie is crying, and losing it.

I remember at that time being extremely annoyed by the reaction. My thought was..."All this time you never went looking for her, showed zero emotion about her being gone, and were far more concerned with finding Glenn, and now I'm to believe that you're just crushed by her death? Please."

So this over the top reaction about saving Negan was actually kind of expected, to me anyway. I don't know why they write the character that way but for some reason that seems to be how they always want to write her.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Really long post about maggie.

That;s the thing. I don't think they *wanted* to kill Abraham or glenn, but they did it. It cost them a LOT of viewers. Hell, killing Herschel cost a lot of viewers, myself included for several years. I didn't watch one episode after that until this whole arc started with the saviors, and then my girlfriend wanted me to understand what was happening so I ended up binge watching the like 3 seasons I skipped lol

I'm just saying, if they don't offer Maggie more money to stay than she will get on a show that might bomb, they will lose TWD. Fear might stick around, but the main walking dead will... well, stop walking, and just be dead.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That could be. They could go with a much shorter jump on TWD. I'm not sure yet. To show the community, and the way it is, in a short 3-6 month time frame, rather than a 2 year, would be likely quite impossible. The complete difference in the way the world is from the end of the War with the Saviors and where the comic picks up 2 years later is impressive. They could go with a smaller time jump, and still show them in the early stages of creating that new world, but if they do that then I'd feel like they're quite likely in for a very lengthy next arc. That seems to be dangerous given how upset so many seem to have been about the Saviors arc lasting 2+ years.

One of the things I was most disappointed in with the comics was the 2 year time jump at the conclusion of the "War".

Reading it I thought, "Gosh there must have been some interesting stuff going on while these communities were being rebuilt and trying to establish a trading rapport with the other communities."

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That;s the thing. I don't think they *wanted* to kill Abraham or glenn, but they did it. It cost them a LOT of viewers. Hell, killing Herschel cost a lot of viewers, myself included for several years. I didn't watch one episode after that until this whole arc started with the saviors, and then my girlfriend wanted me to understand what was happening so I ended up binge watching the like 3 seasons I skipped lol

I'm just saying, if they don't offer Maggie more money to stay than she will get on a show that might bomb, they will lose TWD. Fear might stick around, but the main walking dead will... well, stop walking, and just be dead.

I understand that.

The Glenn death...I disagree. I absolutely believe that was the plan all along because it followed the comic to the T. I believe the only reason they threw the Abraham death in there was to make it different from the comic (by having 2 deaths) and to try and trick people, briefly, into believing that Glenn was going to dodge death once more.

Other than that I get your point but I don't understand the fans perspective of that. It's a show about a world filled with zombies, and bad people, don't people think that there are going to be casualties? I never understand when people get so attached to characters that they can't watch the show anymore because they killed one of them off.

I mean I'd get that thought process if the person they killed off was the main character, or the only good character in the entire show, but otherwise I just don't understand it. Death should be expected in this setting.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
One of the things I was most disappointed in with the comics was the 2 year time jump at the conclusion of the "War".

Reading it I thought, "Gosh there must have been some interesting stuff going on while these communities were being rebuilt and trying to establish a trading rapport with the other communities."

Agreed. I hate how the comics never did anything to show you the growth, to show you what was going on. I kept thinking there would be some flashbacks, or something, just to show some of the more interesting stuff that took place during that time. The way the comics wrote it made it seem like they simply had a 2 year period where absolutely nothing went wrong, no bad people came around, and they were just able to build the communities up with zero issue.

I'm right there with you on that.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
I understand that.

The Glenn death...I disagree. I absolutely believe that was the plan all along because it followed the comic to the T. I believe the only reason they threw the Abraham death in there was to make it different from the comic (by having 2 deaths) and to try and trick people, briefly, into believing that Glenn was going to dodge death once more.

I'm pretty sure a lot of it was just because Glenn was amazing and everyone got attached to him from the moment he whispered, "hey, *******! yeah, you in the tank!" Glenn was most people's favorite character and he and Maggie had the best possible love story, a rare positive in a very negative and dark world.

Other than that I get your point but I don't understand the fans perspective of that. It's a show about a world filled with zombies, and bad people, don't people think that there are going to be casualties? I never understand when people get so attached to characters that they can't watch the show anymore because they killed one of them off.

Killing Herschel, to me, killed the heart in the show. While Rick and the rest are pragmatic as hell, Herschel was the heart, the conscience that made people check their pragmatism. Nobody else has been able to add his level of conscience.

I mean I'd get that thought process if the person they killed off was the main character, or the only good character in the entire show, but otherwise I just don't understand it. Death should be expected in this setting.

it should be expected, but it should also be appropriate deaths. Maggie will never be appropriate. I think most people are kind of waiting on Rick to die.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a lot of it was just because Glenn was amazing and everyone got attached to him from the moment he whispered, "hey, *******! yeah, you in the tank!" Glenn was most people's favorite character and he and Maggie had the best possible love story, a rare positive in a very negative and dark world.

Killing Herschel, to me, killed the heart in the show. While Rick and the rest are pragmatic as hell, Herschel was the heart, the conscience that made people check their pragmatism. Nobody else has been able to add his level of conscience.

it should be expected, but it should also be appropriate deaths. Maggie will never be appropriate. I think most people are kind of waiting on Rick to die.

Great points.

Maggie wouldn't be if not for the fact the actress didn't resign and is leaving for another show. Now, don't get me wrong here, there is still every chance the other show doesn't pick up after pilot and they resign her but from what I understand they're going to be filming both these shows around the exact same time, which is why the new show said they'd allow her some limited ability to go to TWD to finish off her storyline.

If she hadn't been leaving for another show I don't believe there would be any thought, at all, to her being removed or killed off the show. In fact I think quite the opposite. I expected the show to follow the comic in that she would be a huge, important, leadership role in the new world. Cohen (i believe that's the ladies last name) not resigning is the reason that's going to wind up not happening.

They could always write her off, by having her just leave (As a couple of other characters have done, the guy from season 1, who Darryl shot last season, and Heath) but I don't know what motivation they'd find to have her just up and leave the friends and community she helped build.

I just think she winds up being the big, 'surprise', death to start the Whispers thing just due to the fact that Cohen when elsewhere.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Doesn't seem really hard to keep her on the show as a main character. If she only has a week or two, she comes in and films all her scenes for the season or half season if necessary. Plus she could be mentioned by other characters but not seen.

Or they could kill her off.

rynochop

Reaction score
Having read the plot details of her show I doubt it will be a problem...by the looks of it I doubt it gets picked up, or last more than 8 episodes