The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

Blackrain

Reaction score
Ricks an idiot destroyed there weapons with dynamite. Could have shot Negan easily on the balcony but dose some stupid count down . Carl could have killed Negan and the girl who shot his bat please . Its ridiculous this guy is still alive .

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ricks an idiot destroyed there weapons with dynamite. Could have shot Negan easily on the balcony but dose some stupid count down . Carl could have killed Negan and the girl who shot his bat please . Its ridiculous this guy is still alive .

Well don't be surprised to find Negan alive for a while.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Just watched last nights episode. Might have been the most gruesome mass zombie killing scene that I can remember.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think if somebody had to go it should have been Rick and Carl should have taken his Python and continued the fight against Negan . It sucked the Tiger got killed too . Would have really like to see how Negan would have made out against Carl and the tiger with just his bat .

Yep after Rick blew up the Browning 50 I was done with his dumb --- That weapon changes the whole fight

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep he could play on indefinitely they have had plenty of chances kill him . I'm hoping Negan kills Rick and then Meeshan kills him or Darryl if he is still alive .
I think if somebody had to go it should have been Rick and Carl should have taken his Python and continued the fight against Negan . It sucked the Tiger got killed too . Would have really like to see how Negan would have made out against Carl and the tiger with just his bat .

Yep after Rick blew up the Browning 50 I was done with his dumb --- That weapon changes the whole fight
Is it fair to conclude you are ready for the show's cancellation? :laugh: Rick Grimes is the central character. No Andrew Lincoln equals no series.

Kevin Spacey's personal life antics removed him from House of Cards. Immediate result? This is the series' final season.

Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie were Sleepy Hollow's core characters. Beharie got tired of her role and quit. FOX ordered a new season anyway and pulled the plug half way.

Training Day revolved around Bill Paxton. Paxton died unexpectedly during the series' first season. CBS axed the show days before its final episode aired.

There are exceptions where the removal of a primary character.did not result in a television show's quick or lingering death. Shelley Long left Cheers and the series kept on kicking longer with Kirstie Alley than Long's tenure. Same with Shannon Dourty (sp?) leaving Charmed, a show completely about three sisters who were witches. Rose McGowan was eased into the role of an unknown long lost fourth sister and the show actually improved for a longer time after Dourty's departure than before she left. These are atypical examples though.

Lincoln is here to stay. I wonder how much AMC is paying the guy? He must be making bank in my opinion.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it fair to conclude you are ready for the show's cancellation? :laugh: Rick Grimes is the central character. No Andrew Lincoln equals no series.

Kevin Spacey's personal life antics removed him from House of Cards. Immediate result? This is the series' final season.

Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie were Sleepy Hollow's core characters. Beharie got tired of her role and quit. FOX ordered a new season anyway and pulled the plug half way.

Training Day revolved around Bill Paxton. Paxton died unexpectedly during the series' first season. CBS axed the show days before its final episode aired.

There are exceptions where the removal of a primary character.did not result in a television show's quick or lingering death. Shelley Long left Cheers and the series kept on kicking longer with Kirstie Alley than Long's tenure. Same with Shannon Dourty (sp?) leaving Charmed, a show completely about three sisters who were witches. Rose McGowan was eased into the role of an unknown long lost fourth sister and the show actually improved for a longer time after Dourty's departure than before she left. These are atypical examples though.

Lincoln is here to stay. I wonder how much AMC is paying the guy? He must be making bank in my opinion.

Agreed.

As Kirkman has said "This is Rick's story."

Most shows start to show their age after a few seasons.

blindzebra

Reaction score

ER lost Clooney and Edwards and kept going strong.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ER lost Clooney and Edwards and kept going strong.
I think they are good representations of atypical examples even though ER's storyline was not founded entirely upon either of their characters.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I think they are good representations of atypical examples even though ER's storyline was not founded entirely upon either of their characters.
ER was Carter's show, he was the heart, but women tuned in for Clooney and everybody loved Edwards a lesser show would have tanked by their absence.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ER was Carter's show, he was the heart, but women tuned in for Clooney and everybody loved Edwards a lesser show would have tanked by their absence.
I mostly agree. I think Noah Wylie was the show's centerpiece for representing the essence of emergency medicine. George Clooney and Anthony Edwards played strong and beloved characters but I can picture the show's original creation without either actor or characters and still be a solid show. On the other hand, I would not have been that surprised if the series had flamed out in short order if Clooney and Edwards' characters were the driving force of the show and Wylie had exited early on. That is solely my opinion though and not based on anything else.

rynochop

Reaction score
Just watched last nights episode. Might have been the most gruesome mass zombie killing scene that I can remember.
I guess there was the wire across the highway one last season, but yeah not as gory

Blackrain

Reaction score

I would like to see the series continue . Maybe its just me but Ricks character has seemed to get weak or maybe Negans character is so strong it over shadows him . Rick just seems like no match for him .

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Haven’t read the 1st half thread and just caught up on this one after binging the season so far. This season has a real bad pacing issue. They can’t find a happy medium. It’s either blistering fast action with no story or long and drawn out with the story not drawing me in. They’ve had some good moments, but the pace just seems all over the place this season. I’m really hoping they figure it out, because this season was supposed to be the best one and they haven’t delivered that to me.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven’t read the 1st half thread and just caught up on this one after binging the season so far. This season has a real bad pacing issue. They can’t find a happy medium. It’s either blistering fast action with no story or long and drawn out with the story not drawing me in. They’ve had some good moments, but the pace just seems all over the place this season. I’m really hoping they figure it out, because this season was supposed to be the best one and they haven’t delivered that to me.

The show has had issues with pacing from the get-go, but it's gotten progressively worse with all the added characters & groups. If you were to read the Negan/All out War sequence in the graphic novel you would have never thought it would have stretched for two full seasons of TV time.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The show has had issues with pacing from the get-go, but it's gotten progressively worse with all the added characters & groups. If you were to read the Negan/All out War sequence in the graphic novel you would have never thought it would have stretched for two full seasons of TV time.
They are noticeably worse now for me and it’s not just the large group. The first half was mostly just bullets, death and explosions with very little else. I was confused on what was even going on much of the time it was so poorly thought out or talked about. When there was something else besides fighting, it was extremely slow with very little character progression outside of Eugene. This has probably been my least favorite season so far and was my most anticipated because I had read the graphic novels.