The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I dvr it..problem solved. Kinda like cowboy games I usually pause it at kickoff and go to the store and get stuff cooking, then start watching and catch up live around 4th quarter
I do the same thing. I was just being a jerk. Not a fan of the show.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the life on me I dont understand why people who aren't fans of the show or who no longer watch are in a season 8 discussion thread.

Death went on far too long tho
Just like anything else in life, people desire inclusiveness--even within circumstances that they may not necessarily agree with. It is a human trait. My thing is that there is sometimes little or zero lack of self-restraint. Sure, someone may not like the show and say so once or twice but that does not explain why someone cannot stop themselves from saying the same thing ten, twenty, fifty times... basically, they cannot help themselves. Or, as Flip Wilson used to say, the devil made them do it. I don't know. :p /rant

It was a pipe dream but I had hoped the premiere would only shown Carl being buried. Chandler Riggs is a good young actor but I wanted his character written off back in season two. Carl was correct in saying that children teach their parents life lessons just as parents teach their children how to grow. My primary Grind My Gears sentiment--partially as a testament of Riggs good acting--was that Carl was such a hardheaded kid in a zombie infested world. True, Carl would have been a more passive character if he had obeyed more and objected less but it would have been less for Rick to be concerned about if he had been. JMO.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Story moved along a little faster tonight.

I'm puzzled why they included the scavengers as part of the arc only to end it like that. To me it felt like the hospital arc all over again.

Angus12

Reaction score
Story moved along a little faster tonight.

I'm puzzled why they included the scavengers as part of the arc only to end it like that. To me it felt like the hospital arc all over again.
I think the whole point of that massacre was the Negan/Simon angle. There will be repercussions for Simon disobeying Negan. They made a point of Negan giving Simon explicit orders to kill "Just one." And they were an easily dismissed group from the show to allow that to play out.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I think the whole point of that massacre was the Negan/Simon angle. There will be repercussions for Simon disobeying Negan. They made a point of Negan giving Simon explicit orders to kill "Just one." And they were an easily dismissed group from the show to allow that to play out.

The beginning of the end for Negan and company, internal fighting, numbers dwindling, self implosion...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No doubt.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ironic. Who will eventually save Negan from Simon’s Saviors? Rick Grimes? Lol.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though I thought the whole scavenger part of the arc over the past two seasons was weak, last nights episode was overall one of the better ones this season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though I thought the whole scavenger part of the arc over the past two seasons was weak, last nights episode was overall one of the better ones this season.
I thought the episode ended really well also. Rick's character is grieving. Even so, Rick feels compelled enough to honor Carl's dying wish and contact Negan. Certainly, Rick's desire to kill Negan is overwhelming but (at the very least) Rick's internal bitterness did not prevent him from telling Negan that Carl had written him a letter--which is something Rick was neither forced to do or wanted to do.

Conversely, Negan's warped sense of priorities compelled him to recite his insane rhetoric about 'saving' people. Regardless of HIS overpowering urge to end Rick, Negan felt a genuine loss hearing about Carl's death. Negan wanted to convert Carl to his ideology and allow someone like Carl to continue his philosophy of 'saving' people after his time was over. Negan rebutted Rick trying to pin Carl's death on him because Negan 'knows' he could have 'saved' Carl eventually.

Two diverse and similar characters fooling themselves. That was a very dynamic conversation between the two of them. Good stuff.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the episode ended really well also. Rick's character is grieving. Even so, Rick feels compelled enough to honor Carl's dying wish and contact Negan. Certainly, Rick's desire to kill Negan is overwhelming but (at the very least) Rick's internal bitterness did not prevent him from telling Negan that Carl had written him a letter--which is something Rick was neither forced to do or wanted to do.

Conversely, Negan's warped sense of priorities compelled him to recite his insane rhetoric about 'saving' people. Regardless of HIS overpowering urge to end Rick, Negan felt a genuine loss hearing about Carl's death. Negan wanted to convert Carl to his ideology and allow someone like Carl to continue his philosophy of 'saving' people after his time was over. Negan rebutted Rick trying to pin Carl's death on him because Negan 'knows' he could have 'saved' Carl eventually.

Two diverse and similar characters fooling themselves. That was a very dynamic conversation between the two of them. Good stuff.

That was good.

And looking at the whole "Saviors" vs. "The communities" fight Rick isn't always the good guy and Negan is not always the bad.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
kinda my drift.

the general direction is actually going to *end* the war by cooperating together for XYZ purpose. both groups have been at each other for so long they don't know a way out except for death. simon wants to walk away and stop fighting and negan can't do that.

til he hears carl died. negan actually shows more respect for carls wishes than rick and that's kinda sad.

i actually liked this last show. we're not talking barn burning on the farm with shane taking a bullet in a field or anything, those days are pretty much gone. but it told a story w/o dragging around for a month on every minute detail in order to buy time for the comic book to catch up.

my guess is bigger problems are on the horizon and we'll see the groups merge in order to fight a bigger/badder foe.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was good.

And looking at the whole "Saviors" vs. "The communities" fight Rick isn't always the good guy and Negan is not always the bad.
That's spot on. Rick's shooting over the head of Siddiq at the gas station and Janis at the dump shows his unwillingness to trust others caught in a no-win scenario--despite whatever benefits they could provide him down the road. Negan has rationalized his 'one death equals many lives' terrorism into a negotiation tactic. Even though Negan is a sociopathic murderer, he is not necessarily a genocidal one. It will be interesting how far Rick must climb out of his noncompassionate hole and how deep Negan must descend into his psycho myopic hole dealing with Simon.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and the best part, she finally stopped talking like an idiot. :)
I was glad to see it was all an act. It had gotten to the point I thought she and her group attracted mentally traumatized members only. It was psycho central to me. Janis whole group was very cult oriented. I am happy that was a front primarily to scare off anyone threatening them.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's spot on. Rick's shooting over the head of Siddiq at the gas station and Janis at the dump shows his unwillingness to trust others caught in a no-win scenario--despite whatever benefits they could provide him down the road. Negan has rationalized his 'one death equals many lives' terrorism into a negotiation tactic. Even though Negan is a sociopathic murderer, he is not necessarily a genocidal one. It will be interesting how far Rick must climb out of his noncompassionate hole and how deep Negan must descend into his psycho myopic hole dealing with Simon.

Exactly!

To me the interesting confrontation isn't Negan & Rick, but Negan & Simon.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was glad to see it was all an act. It had gotten to the point I thought she and her group attracted mentally traumatized members only. It was psycho central to me. Janis whole group was very cult oriented. I am happy that was a front primarily to scare off anyone threatening them.

And I would think we'll see her again... She has a bone to pick with the Saviors certainly but with Rick also to a certain extent.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I would think we'll see her again... She has a bone to pick with the Saviors certainly but with Rick also to a certain extent.
Funny. A co-worker and I were just talking about Janis. She is a wildcard in every sense of the word. Intelligent. Calculating. I can definitely see her calling in a few favors with allies Rick and Negan may not be aware of.