The Walking Dead-Season 9-Episodes 9-16

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
love negan. no action yet but its coming.

where was the snow for the arm whipping?

and who was on the radio? up up trash can girl whontook rick? maggie?

There were two time-jumps in there.

The one from the piking to the snowstorm, and then another to warmer weather.

Yeah, probably someone from the group Georgie (the lady Maggie went with) represents.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ok, read about the voice on the radio. i was wrong on both counts. all i'll say for now.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think I may be done with the show now. I've held out this long, hoping it would either get good again, or they would stop being stubborn and set and end for it, but it's difficult to justify anymore.

It's just a bad show at this point. It's not entertaining and most of the time, pretty boring with awful characters and "drama." The zombies are pathetic, the writing amateurish, and the antagonists are cartoons. It's just a bad show.

If they come to their senses and start aiming for an end-point, I may stick around, but I think they will keep trying to beat the dead horse until they're the only ones left watching.

rynochop

Reaction score
I think I may be done with the show now. I've held out this long, hoping it would either get good again, or they would stop being stubborn and set and end for it, but it's difficult to justify anymore.

It's just a bad show at this point. It's not entertaining and most of the time, pretty boring with awful characters and "drama." The zombies are pathetic, the writing amateurish, and the antagonists are cartoons. It's just a bad show.

If they come to their senses and start aiming for an end-point, I may stick around, but I think they will keep trying to beat the dead horse until they're the only ones left watching.
They've been saying this since season 4

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

if the world is taken over by zombies and they're living in the aftermath, what would the endpoint be?

i can totally understand what you're saying. before this season i was about to bail myself. it was RUN AWAY FIND SALVATION NO NOT IT RUN AWAY over and over and over and over again. from what i understand michonne is about to bail on the tv show for most of it and head over to the movie with rick.

pure scuttlebut however.

i *do* enjoy it but no - nothing has really been the same since the barn burnt down and shane got punched out of life. twice. those days are pretty much over but a lot of that was still new and the original story being told. they follow the comics where they can but at this point, they're free-wheeling and borrowing from them only. if carl wanted to go maybe they should have recast the character but then we'd not have judith. or at least have a brother/sister combo that works with negan.

if negan goes to me then yea, game over.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if the world is taken over by zombies and they're living in the aftermath, what would the endpoint be?

i can totally understand what you're saying. before this season i was about to bail myself. it was RUN AWAY FIND SALVATION NO NOT IT RUN AWAY over and over and over and over again. from what i understand michonne is about to bail on the tv show for most of it and head over to the movie with rick.

pure scuttlebut however.

i *do* enjoy it but no - nothing has really been the same since the barn burnt down and shane got punched out of life. twice. those days are pretty much over but a lot of that was still new and the original story being told. they follow the comics where they can but at this point, they're free-wheeling and borrowing from them only. if carl wanted to go maybe they should have recast the character but then we'd not have judith. or at least have a brother/sister combo that works with negan.

if negan goes to me then yea, game over.

Good post.

A couple thoughts...

Robert Kirkman, who created the graphic novel said recently that at some point the undead would just cease to be reanimated. And we've seen some of those on the cusp of permanently dying.

As far as the villains go, without them– and varying the way they go about doing things the show would probably have ended due to boredom a several seasons ago. To me the two most realistic villains were the "sons of anarchy" group that jumped Rick, Michonne & Carl, and Rick tore out the throat of the leader with his teeth. The other realistic group we Negan and his Saviors. I could easily see a group like that bullying other groups into giving them sustenance.

And a Walking Dead without villains?

It would be one episode after another of Daryl going out day after day, collecting goods and killing a few zombies.

Tough to fill a 16 episode season with that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Good post.

A couple thoughts...

Robert Kirkman, who created the graphic novel said recently that at some point the undead would just cease to be reanimated. And we've seen some of those on the cusp of permanently dying.

As far as the villains go, without them– and varying the way they go about doing things the show would probably have ended due to boredom a several seasons ago. To me the two most realistic villains were the "sons of anarchy" group that jumped Rick, Michonne & Carl, and Rick tore out the throat of the leader with his teeth. The other realistic group we Negan and his Saviors. I could easily see a group like that bullying other groups into giving them sustenance.

It would be one episode after another of Daryl going out day after day, collecting goods and killing a few zombies.

So mankind will restart as it did in the beginning.
Hmmm....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good post.

A couple thoughts...

I'm curious Mike, do you still think we're ever going to see how Alpha and her cohorts got all of those people out of the fair unnoticed?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm curious Mike, do you still think we're ever going to see how Alpha and her cohorts got all of those people out of the fair unnoticed?

Yeah, I think it will all be part of the meandering road of season 10.

As much as I would like the Whisperers arc to end at mid-season, I'm fully expecting it to last until the end of season 10 and then the folks behind the "voice" will be introduced.

But anyway there's a lot of TV time to fill up and I would expect there will be more on how exactly all those people were cohered to their deaths.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I think it will all be part of the meandering road of season 10.

As much as I would like the Whisperers arc to end at mid-season, I'm fully expecting it to last until the end of season 10 and then the folks behind the "voice" will be introduced.

But anyway there's a lot of TV time to fill up and I would expect there will be more on how exactly all those people were cohered to their deaths.

OK, I'm gonna go the other way and say that lazy writers will continue to be lazy and just expect everyone to accept that it happened without question. They've been insulting the viewers intelligence more and more as they go along. And I think it starts with Scott Gimple, who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, despite the fact that ratings continue to plummet as he drives this thing into a ditch.

It will be interesting to see who's right next season. One of the few interesting things I'm expecting