The Walking Dead-Season 9-Episodes 9-16

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The only flaw in that theory is Henry was also on a spike, doubt she would of been in on that.

Also, I thought the whisperers were nomads always moving and setting up new camps. Now suddenly they have "land" that others shouldn't cross into?

I think Henry was alphas choice. With or without Lydias knowledge.

Might have been a sacrifice she was willing to make in what I believe is a person that has a duality to her.
Part nomad to/with Alpha/part kid that wants to be a kid.

I think they have a geographic area that they will roam. Ever expanding if you will.
It’s smart. If you “roam” with the dead in a large area you can’t easily be attacked.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not a surprise.

They burned the audience bad with the Negan "head bashing" thing. So many were turned off by the cliff-hanger in 6-16 and the level of violence of 7-1.

Then the long, drawn-out Savior arc caused many others to switch off.

And finally losing many of the main characters like Carl, Rick and Maggie has hurt viewership.

Even though I think the overall writing has improved in season 9, the show is simply showing both its age and is suffering from bad writing and show runner choices of previous seasons.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a surprise.

They burned the audience bad with the Negan "head bashing" thing. So many were turned off by the cliff-hanger in 6-16 and the level of violence of 7-1.

And finally losing many of the main characters like Carl, Rick and Maggie has hurt viewership.

Even though I think the overall writing has improved in season 9, the show is simply showing both its age and is suffering from bad writing and show runner choices of previous seasons.

:hammer:

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Not a surprise.

Can't really disagree with anything. Wonder how much cord cutters are a factor too?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree and I blame Scott Gimple. That jerk is running it off the rails and the network is letting it happen.

There's some merit there.

Personally I go back further in the lineup and blame AMC for running off Frank Darabont as show runner for season 1 and the guy who had set the template for season 2.

And it's not a coincidence that it was season 1 and season 2 that planted the seeds for the massive popularity of the show.

Frank is a 3-time Oscar nominee and directed what is arguably one of the greatest movies of all-time in the "Shawshank Redemption".

He had the track record of success which allowed him to go outside the graphic novel to deliver content.

Since then the series has been far more tied to the graphic novel which I think caused the series to lose some of it's energy.

Angus12

Reaction score
the show is so awful these days, complete **** is being thrown to the wall and nothing is sticking

I agree and I blame Scott Gimple. That jerk is running it off the rails and the network is letting it happen.

Just curious, but if it's so awful why are you guys still watching? I used to plan my weeknight around watching Lost. But when it started to get bad? They no longer deserved my time, so I just shut it off.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Just curious, but if it's so awful why are you guys still watching? I used to plan my weeknight around watching Lost. But when it started to get bad? They no longer deserved my time, so I just shut it off.
guess for the same reason men/women stay in bad marriages, just out of obligation and some glimmer of hope that we can get out of the funk.

I may let the episodes sit there for weeks/months before getting to them now, used to I would watch Sunday evening.

rynochop

Reaction score
It's a strange phenomenon..there's shows I don't like but don't feel compelled to talk about those that do like it..odd

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's some merit there.

Personally I go back further in the lineup and blame AMC for running off Frank Darabont as show runner for season 1 and the guy who had set the template for season 2.

And it's not a coincidence that it was season 1 and season 2 that planted the seeds for the massive popularity of the show.

Frank is a 3-time Oscar nominee and directed what is arguably one of the greatest movies of all-time in the "Shawshank Redemption".

He had the track record of success which allowed him to go outside the graphic novel to deliver content.

Since then the series has been far more tied to the graphic novel which I think caused the series to lose some of it's energy.

I totally agree with that too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My wife still enjoys it, so it's more of a "together" thing for us which adds to the appeal for me. The shared experience.

To be quite honest, there's very little that this former TV/movie junkie finds all that enjoyable anymore.

I can count the shows I watch on one hand and still have fingers remaining.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I’m not a big fan.
Never read the comics.

Negan kept me watching.
The Whisperers got me looking forward to this season.

This last episode is one of the 3 best episodes of the entire series IMO.
Negan’s cliffhanger is in that list for me. “We went through a lot of trouble to make this day happen” paraphrasing. = excellent.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just watched last week's episode again and I still think Siddiq's version of what happened is bogus.