The Walking Dead-Season 9-Episodes 9-16

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
makes sense. not really hurting to see tara go. henry, meh. i wasn't a fan of the love story angle but it was finally starting to be ok. we'll see what jilted girlfriend does to mama now.

the rest - oh well. cannon fodder to make someone bust a move i suppose.

Not so fast.

Lydia is no what she seems to be imo. Even though she said what she said to her mother. She did cry after and who knows what took place between them?

Notice how Tara, the girl who liked Henry and was that the two boys who teased her all got spiked? None of them were for Lydia being there.

Brett Butler. knew that was coming. Taking the baby. Heh!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not so fast.

Lydia is no what she seems to be imo. Even though she said what she said to her mother. She did cry after and who knows what took place between them?

Notice how Tara, the girl who liked Henry and was that the two boys who teased her all got spiked? None of them were for Lydia being there.

interesting point.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least Henry's head ended up on a pike, I was really disliking him. Unfortunately, this whisperers storyline looks like it's going to be dragged out longer than it should.

I don't see the Whisperer's arc being complete until the end of season 10.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least Henry's head ended up on a pike, I was really disliking him. Unfortunately, this whisperers storyline looks like it's going to be dragged out longer than it should.

Aren't they all?

And is it me or do they get more and more loose with the rules and absurd all the time?

Now, you don't even have to see how they managed to abduct ten people from a fair where hundreds attended, completely unnoticed. Or how heavily armed communities who could manufacture their own ammo suddenly have no guns whatsoever and are threatened by some homeless people?

P.S. So glad to see Henry get his. This is all his fault.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aren't they all?

And is it me or do they get more and more loose with the rules and absurd all the time?

Now, you don't even have to see how they managed to abduct ten people from a fair where hundreds attended, completely unnoticed. Or how heavily armed communities who could manufacture their own ammo suddenly have no guns whatsoever and are threatened by some homeless people?

I wouldn't be surprised to see how the non-highwaymen were abducted in a future episode that involves the "survivor".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't be surprised to see how the non-highwaymen were abducted in a future episode that involves the "survivor".

I'll believe it when I see it. They're just making stuff up at this point and expecting the audience to just unquestioningly buy it at this point.

I understand that the very premise of the show requires substantial suspension of disbelief, but lazy writers are pushing it constantly, to the show's continued detriment and plummeting ratings.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll believe it when I see it. They're just making stuff up at this point and expecting the audience to just unquestioningly buy it at this point.

I understand that the very premise of the show requires substantial suspension of disbelief, but lazy writers are pushing it constantly, to the show's continued detriment and plummeting ratings.

I'd give them a little time...

Could be an integral part of the story.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like you're more forgiving than I am. This whole Whisperers storyline has disappointed me from the very beginning. Where a guy in a dead skin mask was able to elude a strike from behind.

Oh I agree it's plot hole.

I just think it will be addressed at some point, much like the "X" on Michonne & Daryl.

And I think after all the villains the group as faced the Whisperer plot line is a little stale but there's little doubt in my mind that Negan will become involved in this during season 10 and the arc will become more unique and interesting.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Is there anything from the comic books that suggests why they suddenly seem like they are back in the stone ages without guns and riding around on horses with buggies.

You would think horses would be far more extinct then gasoline with no one around to use it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Is there anything from the comic books that suggests why they suddenly seem like they are back in the stone ages without guns and riding around on horses with buggies.

You would think horses would be far more extinct then gasoline with no one around to use it.

Gasoline does go bad and it has been a decade since the apocalypse. The bullets are another thing, since they had the capability to make them. They might argue they are low on the base materials to manufacture, but as important as it is, still seems they would continue to go farther to find the raw materials. I get why they would start using bows for hunting, to conserve ammo, but you still want a large supply of ammo for defense.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm not buying this Whisperers stuff at all. It's about jump the shark time on TWD.

And the whole Pike reveal was a huge nothingburger for me. Not a single character I had any interest in whatsoever. Zero impact felt.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not buying this Whisperers stuff at all. It's about jump the shark time on TWD.

And the whole Pike reveal was a huge nothingburger for me. Not a single character I had any interest in whatsoever. Zero impact felt.

For lots of fans the show "jumped the shark" in season 7, but I know what you mean.

The group as faced many enemies before and the whisperers certainly do not have a lot of excitement about them.

That being said it seems this episode did register high for a great many that still watch the show. I thought it was a good episode.

As far as a character getting piked that you care about– Quite frankly there aren't that many character left that we even know much about.

We only have two characters left from season one (Carol & Daryl), no characters left from season two and only one character from season three (Michonne)… Of course there's Judith, but you know.

Everyone else is either a red-shirt or someone that's been introduced later on.

rynochop

Reaction score
They need to do some kind of back story on where the whisperers came from..I mean they haven't just not bumped into them all these years.
Agree on the guns thing, Doesn't seem like something that would be in short supply, might be another reason for it that can't be discussed in this forum

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aren't they all?

Seems pretty obvious how they abducted people.

They blend in with the living as well as the dead.
DEBRA HARDWINTER

You’d never see them coming.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Not so fast.

The only flaw in that theory is Henry was also on a spike, doubt she would of been in on that.

Also, I thought the whisperers were nomads always moving and setting up new camps. Now suddenly they have "land" that others shouldn't cross into?