The Walking Dead: The Return, Tonight!

Smith22

Reaction score
Agreed. A lot of the finale didn't make sense.

The towers of the prison were basically torched by the grenade launcher attack, yet they bring all these people back from town to the prison. HELLO. The food and supplies are in town. Take over the town.

And Andrea can't take out walker Milton after freeing herself? Really. She survived a lot worse scenarios. I really didn't care for her character, but going out the way she did was kind of weak.

And how can the Governor and company manage to ambush and take out 10-15 soliders (early season 3??) yet manage 100% failure versus a group of 10 people that includes women, a child and an old man.

I was disappointed. Hopefully season 4 gets back on track.

Phoenix

Reaction score
BGyYzaUCMAIWvaU.jpg:large

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith22;5038196 said:

The towers of the prison were basically torched by the grenade launcher attack, yet they bring all these people back from town to the prison. HELLO. The food and supplies are in town. Take over the town.

And Andrea can't take out walker Milton after freeing herself? Really. She survived a lot worse scenarios. I really didn't care for her character, but going out the way she did was kind of weak.

And how can the Governor and company manage to ambush and take out 10-15 soliders (early season 3??) yet manage 100% failure versus a group of 10 people that includes women, a child and an old man.

Woodbury has many walls that need constant guard attention. The prison group, even with what was left of the Woodbury contingent (eldery, children women) doesn't have the manpower to properly guard Woodbury. The prison was the better choice.

Plus Woodbury is more "zombie-proof" than it is people-proof. If the group had qualms about the Governor returning and trying to infiltrate, then the prison again is the better choice.

The Governor had the advantage of surprise against the National Guard unit and they were out in the open. The prison group knew they were coming and they weren't out in the open with no inkling that they were being hunted... Plus they had time to establish a defense. Night and day from one incident to the other.

While I didn't think it was a great episode the reasons you brought up, while good conversation starters, weren't in my opinion what made the episode weaker than some of the other episodes this season.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So is Rick's group going to take those weapons the Gov obviously left behind?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;5039235 said:
So is Rick's group going to take those weapons the Gov obviously left behind?

One would have to think so, but I'm not sure how you would prove it one way or the other.

Smith22

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith22

Woodbury has many walls that need constant guard attention. The prison group, even with what was left of the Woodbury contingent (eldery, children women) doesn't have the manpower to properly guard Woodbury. The prison was the better choice.

Plus Woodbury is more "zombie-proof" than it is people-proof. If the group had qualms about the Governor returning and trying to infiltrate, then the prison again is the better choice.

The Governor had the advantage of surprise against the National Guard unit and they were out in the open. The prison group knew they were coming and they weren't out in the open with no inkling that they were being hunted... Plus they had time to establish a defense. Night and day from one incident to the other.

While I didn't think it was a great episode the reasons you brought up, while good conversation starters, weren't in my opinion what made the episode weaker than some of the other episodes this season.

element of surprise versus the national guard? they are trained for combat, have zombies hot on their trail, yet they allow rag tag people to set up in the bushes and attack them.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith22;5039364 said:
element of surprise versus the national guard? they are trained for combat, have zombies hot on their trail, yet they allow rag tag people to set up in the bushes and attack them.

After many months of dealing with the slow-moving dead and (probably not) having the living shoot at them, I could easily see how complaceny set in.

Heck I just came back from Hawaii... There's a spot there that shows how complacency and unpreparedness can come back and bite you. ;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5039089 said:

Plus Woodbury is more "zombie-proof" than it is people-proof. If the group had qualms about the Governor returning and trying to infiltrate, then the prison again is the better choice./quote]

Exactly.

That's the only reason they didn't stay in Woodbury because they don't have the man power to properly defend all the walls that have to have people on them 24 hours a day.

The prison is far easier for them to defend with the limited man power they have.

The finale was kind of a disappointment to me, to be honest.

After all that build then the Gov. attacks the prison and does...nothing. They got soundly beaten back and Rick's group lost no one. The Gov. group didn't actually lose anyone either until they ran and he gunned them down himself.

When they were going into the tombs I was really hoping that the Gov. people were going to encounter a seriously slaughtering. Instead they basically just ran out only to be gunned down by their own leader who finally completely lost it.

There was only two really big, or powerful, moments to the ending that aren't really that big of an ending like the first two seasons, at least in my mind.

1) Carl turning pretty much completely heartless. He's becoming the person that Laurie was terrified he would become because of the world he's growing up in. Cold, remorseless, and having lost his humanity. He's shown that in this episode he's becoming a lot more like Shane (minus being completely out of his mind) in that regard then like Rick, who still holds onto humanity. This will be an interesting battle between these two next season.

2) Andrea's death. Now I was waiting for her to die since the very end of season 1. I have pretty much hated her since the final episode of season 1 when she tried to 'give up' and Dale wouldn't let her. She did nothing the next two seasons to make me hate her less, in fact she continuely made me hate her more. So I was definately ready for her to die but I didn't expect it to go down the way it did. I really thought she'd be killed in the attack on the prison (This was my thought obviously before she was placed in that room at the end of prior episode) or in a fight at Woodbury. I never expected her to get bitten, kill Milton, and then have to kill herself. This left us with the powerful moment for Michoine though where she's obviously destroyed over the fact that her best friend is going to have to kill herself.

The one thing I really do love from this episode is that Rick's group gains the addition of Tyree and the lady with him. I think they're both strong characters, especially Tyree (I think I've got his name wrong right now though) and I believe he's going to be a major asset to Rick going forward.

I also liked that the sniviling little whiner from that 4 person group died but I hated that it was just a quick shot to the head by the Gov. that did it. I wanted someone else to kill him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Smith22;5039364 said:

Yes they are. From people they deem threats. They didn't deem this person as a threat and were obviously not expecting him to have people with him to gun them down.

Plus this isn't exactly a military group that would be fully in the right frame of mind or ready for anything like this given the BS they'd been going through for a very long period of time at that point.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
There was a scene they took out after the producer got kicked off the show...They replaced it with the Milton dying slowly scenes...

The Walking Dead showrunner, Glen Mazzara, recently departed, and now we learn that a key scene was changed.
Spoilers for the Season 3 Finale of The Walking Dead.

Two changes were made in the Season 3 finale regarding Milton and Andrea's death -- after Mazzara had departed.
Initially, it didn't open up with the Governor punching Milton in the face, but instead just showed The Governor shooting Milton and saying he would kill Andrea.

From there, things get interesting as the original ending didn't seem to go into all that talk between Milton and Andrea - that didn't make sense as she didn't try to free herself - but instead...here read for yourself.

Dallas Roberts, who played Miltron, filled EW in:

Originally, the beating scene that started the episode wasn’t there. Originally, I showed up and was led into the room where Andrea was and I took the tools out – the instruments of torture that were laid on the table — and then he shot me in the stomach, completely unexpectedly. And then I was left to bleed out in the same idea basically — you’re going to kill her now. There was a lot more of Milton trying to open the door and him trying to free her from the chains. And then there was a section where he was going to wrap the chain around the neck and try to choke her to death before he turned so she wouldn’t have to deal with Walker Milton, or Biter Milton, as it were.
And then at the end of that, it was just Tyreese and someone else who found her. Rick and Daryl and Michonne weren’t there. So it was essentially the same idea, except you saw me taking chunks out of Laurie Holden in that version. And then they called us back a few months later to reshoot it and made all those changes. So now you’re not sure if I’ve gotten her until after that door opens, and I think that’s probably why they did it.

And on the scene that showed him biting Andrea:

Yeah. It’s funny, in the articles and on Talking Dead last night, you’ll notice stills of Milton where he has glasses on. They are from the scenes that we shot and weren’t aired. Because Milton gets his glasses knocked offand never has glasses in the interrogation scene in this finale. But I’ve seen a lot of pictures where Milton has blood on his mouth and glasses on that were from that first shooting.

And on the part where he tried to strangle her:

They both desperately wanted for that to work but at that point he had bled out so much. So he pulls and pulls and pulls but he doesn’t get it done and he falls against the wall and is passed out. And he never comes back from that until he turns into a walker.

-----------------

That would have been much better, and it's not good news...the new producer doesn't sound that good.

Mazzara was great, Darebond was great....both gone.

Smith22

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;5039966 said:
The finale was kind of a disappointment to me, to be honest.

After all that build then the Gov. attacks the prison and does...nothing. They got soundly beaten back and Rick's group lost no one. The Gov. group didn't actually lose anyone either until they ran and he gunned them down himself.

When they were going into the tombs I was really hoping that the Gov. people were going to encounter a seriously slaughtering. Instead they basically just ran out only to be gunned down by their own leader who finally completely lost it.

Completely agree. On a side note, I'm hoping they dedicate an episode or a good portion of an episode about Michone and the 2 walkers she had with her. I'm interested in her story.

I'm also curious where the Gov went. Maybe he finds the group that was with the hostage that Shane killed.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith22;5040342 said:
I'm also curious where the Gov went. Maybe he finds the group that was with the hostage that Shane killed.

That's a pretty good point. The same thing crossed my mind. And maybe that's the group that ends up chasing the prison group off the prison.

We'll probably get an episode of the Governor going back to the Woodbury and not finding anyone there.

Stryker44

Reaction score
What is the deal with Rodriguez? Is he as mentally disturbed and sadistic as the Governor? Surprised he and the black guy agreed to get in the truck with him.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Stryker44;5040752 said:
What is the deal with Rodriguez? Is he as mentally disturbed and sadistic as the Governor? Surprised he and the black guy agreed to get in the truck with him.

Rodriguez? I thought it was Martinez?

Anyway they seemed like pretty shady characters themselves and loyal to pretty much only the governor for whatever reason.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Smith22;5038196 said:

a person handcuffed to a chair isn't going to be able to use pliers to free themselves.

that they showed her get one hand free was the only ridiculous part of that scene.

Smith22

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith22

a person handcuffed to a chair isn't going to be able to use pliers to free themselves.

that they showed her get one hand free was the only ridiculous part of that scene.

good point. the hacksaw didn't work for Meryl.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;5040764 said:

Making it look difficult to bring pliers up to your hand with your foot was ridiculous to me. I'm not that coordinated and I could do that in my sleep. And if I just saw the Gov wipe out all your "friends" I would have taken him out - from behind.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Smith22;5040342 said:
Completely agree. On a side note, I'm hoping they dedicate an episode or a good portion of an episode about Michone and the 2 walkers she had with her. I'm interested in her story.

Ive thought that was a good possibility. That he'd get them to get him some new men to use.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Smith22;5040342 said:

Good point. Maybe they'll be the ones who kill off all the old people Rick brought back from Woodsbury. Somebody's going to.