The Walking Dead: The Return, Tonight!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
great episode last night and like I figured Merle would be killed off just as he was struggling to turn into a better person.

The twist being that I didn't expect the Gov. to leave him to become a walker and Daryl have to kill him off in the end. I honestly didn't see that coming but it was a great way to end that episode and it was a powerful scene. Great job.

I'm hoping they do something to show Rick outsmarting the Gov. cause to this point it's pretty much been the other way around. I'd love it if they showed up and attacked the prison only to lose a handful of their own people to walkers because Rick and Co. had already left the prison.

I gotta admit I'd LOVE to see the Gov. pull back up to the town and see Rick standing on the wall to his town. That would be awesome.

I'm very curious what role Daryl is going to play in the way the final episode unfolds because you know he's going to be very, very angry and upset and probably flipped out to a large degree after the death of Merle.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;5031865 said:
I'm hoping they do something to show Rick outsmarting the Gov. cause to this point it's pretty much been the other way around. I'd love it if they showed up and attacked the prison only to lose a handful of their own people to walkers because Rick and Co. had already left the prison.

I gotta admit I'd LOVE to see the Gov. pull back up to the town and see Rick standing on the wall to his town. That would be awesome.

My speculation is that it's going to be more than a "handful" of Woodbury's finest that don't make the trip back.

I think Rick & Co. are going to give The Walking Dead's version of a "trap block" as the Gov. & his folks enter that prison with a full head of steam and lot less awareness of what they could be in for.

The title of the episode says it all.

Stryker44

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5031969 said:
My speculation is that it's going to be more than a "handful" of Woodbury's finest that don't make the trip back.

I think Rick & Co. are going to give The Walking Dead's version of a "trap block" as the Gov. & his folks enter that prison with a full head of steam and lot less awareness of what they could be in for.

The title of the episode says it all.

You don't think there is any chance the Governor will win against Rick?

Phoenix

Reaction score
Glad I kept out of this thread until watching the episode last night on DVR. That would have been a really frustrating spoiler for me, about Merle.

What a great show!

Phoenix

Reaction score
Stryker44;5031976 said:

Do you mean in the short term? Or long term? Long term, no way. Kirkland himself has said this whole series could be retitled "Rick's Story" or something to that effect.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I'm a fairly patient guy, but I am really wanting Sunday to get here so I can stop envisioning scenarios on how the season ends.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stryker44;5031976 said:

Nope.

Not long term.

That being said I wouldn't predict the Governor's ultimate demise come Sunday. He may lose his town and lose the big battle, but he may pop up come next season.

Phoenix

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5032007 said:
Nope.

Not long term.

That being said I wouldn't predict the Governor's ultimate demise come Sunday. He may lose his town and lose the big battle, but he may pop up come next season.

I'm thinking cliff hanger of losing the prison, being forced to flee, with probably a last second scene leaving the fate of a cast member in question.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix;5032063 said:
I'm thinking cliff hanger of losing the prison, being forced to flee, with probably a last second scene leaving the fate of a cast member in question.

And that could be.

But I read somewhere else that Kirkman said there would not be a cliff hanger. That the episode would be definitive.

We'll see I guess! :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Phoenix;5032063 said:
You'll have a fan revolt if that happens. The entire season built up to this. If it's not resolved it's a complete waste of time.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Phoenix;5031984 said:
Do you mean in the short term? Or long term? Long term, no way. Kirkland himself has said this whole series could be retitled "Rick's Story" or something to that effect.
I know that, at this point, the show has really shifted away from the comic...but the comic is definitely geared more towards "rick's story" after the prison. Honestly, I'd be shocked if the Governor makes it out of the last episode alive.
theogt;5032100 said:
You'll have a fan revolt if that happens. The entire season built up to this. If it's not resolved it's a complete waste of time.
Agreed. But I still wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happened :laugh2:

Kilyin

Reaction score
zKq2KYl.gif

:bow: :laugh2:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;5032823 said:
My favorite scene from the episode. That had to be an ad lib. :laugh1:

I like how the Zombie looks like he is trying to drink it lol

Phoenix

Reaction score
BigDFan5;5032927 said:
I like how the Zombie looks like he is trying to drink it lol

That's great...and the other walker is like "YEEEEESSSSS!!" :)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;5032100 said:

lol.

What are they going to do? Stop watching? Form a mob and attack the studio? They'll be upset and they'll still tune in first episode of next season to watch.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;5032823 said:
My favorite scene from the episode. That had to be an ad lib. :laugh1:

Hell that was my favorite scene of this entire "3.5" season.

And possibly the greatest Merle one liner ever...

"You're cold as ice, Officer Friendly..."

likeaboss.gif

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;5033333 said:
lol.

What are they going to do? Stop watching? Form a mob and attack the studio? They'll be upset and they'll still tune in first episode of next season to watch.
Are you saying that fans can't lose interest in a television show? An odd claim I think.