The Walking Dead...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow!

I didn't see that ending coming!

Not much zombie action, but the ending took me by surprise.

Good episode.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Kinda funny, in the previous episode Rick led the undead to the barn, but he wouldn't even consider bringing back an Eagles fan, lol.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Always good to see a disgusting Philadelphia slob get shot in the face.

:laugh2:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Haha definitely didn't see that coming. I thought we were going to get new characters. Rick ended that thought pretty quickly. Haha

jnday

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4415822 said:
Wow!

Good episode.

Real good episode . I am glad the show is back .

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4415822 said:
Wow!

Good episode.

i didn't like it. it was a departure from what they've done to date.

we spend a month looking for a little girl and we kill 2 new characters in 10 minutes.

this is about defining rick and they could have done it better. how they did it was out of character from how they got here.

i like where it's going to be sure but this was a hiccup.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The whole second season, including tonight, other than Barnageddon has been a major disappointment.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Future;4415927 said:
The whole second season, including tonight, other than Barnageddon has been a major disappointment.

Really? I think it's been a better season, overall, than season one. I couldn't get past the finale in the first season, which I thought was needlessly hokey with effects requirements that exceeded AMCs budget.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I thought a few episodes of season two drug a little, but Rick putting those two guys down was awesome! The show focused on Ricks compassion and morals for a lot of episodes, but it is really the first time in a while that they reminded the viewers that Rick was indeed a lawman and a good one at that. Last night was first time I have seen that Rick since the first ten minutes of episode one. He knew what those two men were and knew how to handle it with no hesitation.

Anyone thinking that those two guys were randomly killed are just flat out wrong. He knew that they were trying to feel them out to get to the farm and clean them out and there are more on the way.

We are missing the one thing that a post Apocalypse world should have plenty of; Morally checked out humans that will take what they want to survive. Shane could qualify down the road, but he is not quite there while he has Carl and Lori to hang his humanity on. There are more of that group on the way and the pace of the last seven episodes should be fantastic.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good description Joe.

I sat there thinking after the final scene, that the show took a "Road Warrior" path.

I didn't think Rick would man-up so fast... even though he was "pushed" when one of the baddies went for his weapon. But after the one guy walked over and pissed on the floor, the message was given that these two no longer had respect for anything– living or dead.

So instead of dragging it out and taking the two new visitors back to farm so they could create mayhem or even trying to ditch them, the standoff was ended short & sweet by Rick's faster gun.

Shane's bad-guy meter fell a couple of points with the caring he showed for Carol and her fragile mindset.

That's why this is a good show. The folks aren't all good or all bad. It's the potential for them to do something you wouldn't expect that makes the show interesting.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Idgit;4415937 said:
Really? I think it's been a better season, overall, than season one. I couldn't get past the finale in the first season, which I thought was needlessly hokey with effects requirements that exceeded AMCs budget.
They turned it way too much of a soap opera for my tastes. Season 1 was about blasting zombies while season 2 has been about everyone whining about their problems. I understand that the show is supposed to be about the characters and how they change or whatever as the world goes to ****, but I mean it turned into a snoozer for a while.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Future;4416060 said:
They turned it way too much of a soap opera for my tastes. Season 1 was about blasting zombies while season 2 has been about everyone whining about their problems. I understand that the show is supposed to be about the characters and how they change or whatever as the world goes to ****, but I mean it turned into a snoozer for a while.

Yeah, it dragged a bit, for sure, when they got to the haven of the farm. I have a feeling we're about to get a lot more zombies in the next few weeks.

jnday

Reaction score
:D
MichaelWinicki;4416000 said:
Good description Joe.

I sat there thinking after the final scene, that the show took a "Road Warrior" path.

I didn't think Rick would man-up so fast... even though he was "pushed" when one of the baddies went for his weapon. But after the one guy walked over and pissed on the floor, the message was given that these two no longer had respect for anything– living or dead.

So instead of dragging it out and taking the two new visitors back to farm so they could create mayhem or even trying to ditch them, the standoff was ended short & sweet by Rick's faster gun.

Shane's bad-guy meter fell a couple of points with the caring he showed for Carol and her fragile mindset.

That's why this is a good show. The folks aren't all good or all bad. It's the potential for them to do something you wouldn't expect that makes the show interesting.
You have a good point . There are many shades of gray with each situation that they face . The bad will surprise with a good deed and the good will let you down at times . Much like real life .

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
By the way, for those of you that don't already know, they changed the leadership of the show and last night's episode was the first exclusively produced under Glenn Mazzara (The Shield). Frank Darabont was let go after being in charge of season one and having his hands on the first eight episodes of season two.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;4416100 said:
By the way, for those of you that don't already know, they changed the leadership of the show and last night's episode was the first exclusively produced under Glenn Mazzara (The Shield). Frank Darabont was let go after being in charge of season one and having his hands on the first eight episodes of season two.

Oh yeah, that's right.

Frank (from my understanding) didn't want to deal with more inside shots in order to work within the confines of a smaller budget.

We'll see how it plays out.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4416131 said:
Oh yeah, that's right.

Frank (from my understanding) didn't want to deal with more inside shots in order to work within the confines of a smaller budget.

We'll see how it plays out.

Mazzara was the only one of the group that had television producing experience. I think that the pace of the show will speed up and there will be more weekly suspense thrown in for the last five episodes of the season. He is probably going to push all of them off of that farm through some type of force, be it human, zombie or both.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That whole scene was set up nice. You had an old fashioned wild west saloon standoff.

You got the one guy talking about getting the gun off a cop with a smirk. When rick says he is a cop they guy says well it was a dead cop. But you could tell he was kind of bragging about it. No other use to bring up where he got the gun. I think Rick probably feels that the guy killed the cop before taking the gun.

The fat guy peeing in the saloon was basically another alpha male move to show he can mark his territory. We also got the fat guy making the comment of not having any action and hoping to get some if he went to the farm but apologizes after saying it.

Another thing that I noticed after it all went down is the bad guy wearing a shark on his shirt...intentionally symbolism or not?

Rick's cop sense took over and he knew the guys were bad when they kept pressing the issue. And we have to remember that the guy went for the gun first so rick took them out.

I think Rick, and the others, sensed these guys are a group that was not trying to join a group to help, they would want to join the group to take everything the group had and move on.

I liked that whole scene.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4416198 said:
That whole scene was set up nice. You had an old fashioned wild west saloon standoff.

You got the one guy talking about getting the gun off a cop with a smirk. When rick says he is a cop they guy says well it was a dead cop. But you could tell he was kind of bragging about it. No other use to bring up where he got the gun. I think Rick probably feels that the guy killed the cop before taking the gun.

The fat guy peeing in the saloon was basically another alpha male move to show he can mark his territory. We also got the fat guy making the comment of not having any action and hoping to get some if he went to the farm but apologizes after saying it.

Another thing that I noticed after it all went down is the bad guy wearing a shark on his shirt...intentionally symbolism or not?

Rick's cop sense took over and he knew the guys were bad when they kept pressing the issue. And we have to remember that the guy went for the gun first so rick took them out.

I think Rick, and the others, sensed these guys are a group that was not trying to join a group to help, they would want to join the group to take everything the group had and move on.

Yeah, me too. But that Asian kid should have had a bead on that fat guy as soon as unloosed his holster.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4416222 said:
Yeah, me too. But that Asian kid should have had a bead on that fat guy as soon as unloosed his holster.

I agree, they could have made Glenn look a bit more manly by having him take out the fat dude, but Rick really looked like a ****** taking them both out.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4416198 said:

yea, after thinking about it, i was too harsh on it. rick did what he had to do and i think he needs to show he can use force when needed and not all the time like shane.