The Weeden or What if Tebow or Johnny Football (or any other QB out there) mega thread *merged*

pastordug

Reaction score
Just for fun......if there were a chance right now to get Tebow would you?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Tebow can't throw the ball. Now, after the last game you could say the same about Weeden, but he's not normally THAT bad.

There are a dozen guys who are on the street who could step in and be a better backup than Tebow.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
There's not many I'd pick Weeden over, but Tebow is one of them. He is a horrible passer, and doesn't know our offense at all. The idea of Tebow coming in from off of his couch and leading the Boys to success is extremely far fetched.

If we're just going to throw someone out there, I'd try Vaughan. At least he's been on the team all year.

coult44

Reaction score
Tebow can't throw the ball. Now, after the last game you could say the same about Weeden, but he's not normally THAT bad.

There are a dozen guys who are on the street who could step in and be a better backup than Tebow.

He is normally that bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd take Tebow. At least with this line and in this offense, he could run the ball. Neither one of them is an effective NFL passer so give me the guy who can move.

visionary

Reaction score
Neither

Orton was on the team, we paid him and let him walk. Many of us argued this was mishandled when that was happening

Sanchez, McCoy etc were available

This FO has a history of poor decisions, nothing new

joseephuss

Reaction score
Neither

Orton was on the team, we paid him and let him walk. Many of us argued this was mishandled when that was happening

Sanchez, McCoy etc were available

This FO has a history of poor decisions, nothing new

Orton didn't want to be in Dallas. He would have been horrible here because he didn't want to be here. Dallas didn't mishandle anything. You can't force a player to stick around and you can't trust a guy who doesn't want to be on the team and accept the backup role. He wanted a chance to start and he wasn't going to get it with the Cowboys. If he had a good attitude and accepted his role he would have been a good backup in Dallas, but he didn't. Letting him walk was the right choice.

Sanchez and McCoy are the same poor options as Weeden. You would be complaining about both of them if they were here. There is no difference between the three guys except for the price tag.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Tebow? Really?

Why don't we just put Murray back there and run the wing T? Same thing....amazing how this crap rolls after one bad game against a top defense despite a very good relief performance after the Skins game.

Even if Weeden proves to be garbage, please don't compare him to garbage that isn't good enough to even have an NFL uniform.

Jenky

Reaction score
I'd easily take Shane Falco.

The-Replacements_025.jpg